Texas BMDs Who are they?

orangeut

10 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything at Texas, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows: The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds...and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Ooh! 

Why meet in Colorado?   Should meet in Texas.  Keep that money in house

6 minutes ago, Chrispy* said:

Looking at this coaching search, I think the more appropriate question is where the hell are they? 

They probably feel they can't win. If they are known to be involved, even if they are doing the angel's work, they get blamed for interfering. If they are not known to be involved then, where are they?

54 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Look, after I paid for the private jet that flew Fenves and Perrin up to Tulsa and gave them a million dollars to grovel for Sterlin Gilbert, I said I'm done with this shit. 

The jet they usually use for those types of boondoggles is Evans’. Last I knew, the only plane the school owned is the King Air. 

The list of BMDs is long, but Hicks, Evans, Willeford, Rowling, Tate, Matthews, Rex, Myers, and Hildebrand are the more publicized ones. 

There is a list of the privately endowed scholarships at UT. The more low key BMDs are on that list of names. 

If you want to see just how deep the alumni pockets are, swing by Lemmon Ave by Love Field on the way to the Cotton Bowl for the OU game and look at the iron parked by where TacAir and Signature are. The line of planes flying out of Love after that game will blow your mind. 

Pull this document up and start at page 299. Look for the larger amounts and figure out which ones are still alive. It will give you a pcture of who gives. Not all give to athletics, but a number of them do.

https://www.utsystem.edu/sites/default/files/documents/report-state/2019/annual-operating-budget-ut-austin/aus-fy-2020-operating-budget-9-23-2019.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The jet they usually use for those types of boondoggles is Evans’. Last I knew, the only plane the school owned is the King Air. 

The list of BMDs is long, but Hicks, Evans, Willeford, Rowling, Tate, Matthews, Rex, Myers, and Hildebrand are the more publicized ones. 

There is a list of the privately endowed scholarships at UT. The more low key BMDs are on that list of names. 

If you want to see just how deep the alumni pockets are, swing by Lemmon Ave by Love Field on the way to the Cotton Bowl for the OU game and look at the iron parked by where TacAir and Signature are. The line of planes flying out of Love after that game will blow your mind. 

Jesus fucking Christ you can be a wet blanket.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Who are they?  Some of them are the guys who gave you Chuck Strong, and then some more of them are the guys who gave you Tom Herman.  They're the common clay of the new West....you know morons

Did you hear of any "BMD's" included in the Charlie Strong decision process?

Admittedly, the Herman hire was a minor revolution.

Edited by 927 E. 41st
Addition

This university is segmented by BMDs that don’t really like each other that much. Obv between Houston and Dallas, but San Antonio, Austin, and Midland are well represented. Then you can throw in a good mix of very wealthy alums that don’t fit into these groups. 

UT is a shitshow. We have had extremely poor leadership for a long time. Fenves lacks respect and has very slowly alienated donors with his politics. I personally think he’s really sharp but the wrong guy for the job. He should be doing the same deal somewhere on the west coast.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Did you hear of any "BMD's" included in the Charlie Strong decision process?

Admittedly, the Herman hire was a minor revolution.

Yes, DFW BMDs are rumored to have been in on Strong, then Houston got theirs with Herman.  When Mensa shits the bed it will be the power guys in the RGV and the Permian Basin combining forces to call the shots.

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yes, DFW BMDs are rumored to have been in on Strong, then Houston got theirs with Herman.  When Mensa shits the bed it will be the power guys in the RGV and the Permian Basin combining forces to call the shots.

"When"? 

Edited by Hookah Horns

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Danny Gonzales will be sufficiently ready by then or maybe we get Ron Rivera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Ann Veal
Barry Zuckerhorn
Lucille Austero (she doesn’t get out as much anymore)
Steven Holt
J Walter Weatherman

Gene Parmasean used to be one but he never seems to be around lately.

That's because Ann and Gene are shackin' up.

I hear they're quite the entree.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1