2020 CFP National Championship Game: #3 Clemson @ #1 LSU - Sugar Bowl on ESPN

immamac

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The ejection shit should be reserved for egregious hits

Exactly.  If they want to throw 15 yard penalties left and right, go for it. But the ejection shouldn't be quite so fucking easy. Not just, "Oh, his helmet was slightly lowered."

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

You morons need to read the rules.  There are two types of targeting and that was one of them.

The only mitigation was that he was lowering his helmet to avoid helmet to helmet.

Clemson's done.

defenseless receiver earlier, what are those rules?

• Like 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

You morons need to read the rules.  There are two types of targeting and that was one of them.

The only mitigation was that he was lowering his helmet to avoid helmet to helmet.

Clemson's done.

It was textbook. The people crying about the refs in this thread do it in every thread.

• Like 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

Exactly.  If they want to throw 15 yard penalties left and right, go for it. But the ejection shouldn't be quite so fucking easy. Not just, "Oh, his helmet was slightly lowered."

The rule is their to make players not injure themselves. 

Just now, aggie08 said:

this is why it should be one warning with a 15 yard penalty and then the next targeting on anyone on the D that player gets kicked out.

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

The rule is there to make players not injure themselves. 

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

Can't have the ESSEEESEE not be the champion for more than one year

Pretty amazing how every announcer, every CFP committee member, every network and even every conference's officiating crews are SEC biased.

Most impressive conspiracy i've ever seen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Delpit wasn’t called. Clemson shouldn’t have been called. Call it even. 

Yeah that was my point.  Delpit's hit is why the rule exists.  This hit was just unlucky and not particularly forceful either.  I could stomach it better if both were called or neither were called, but it gets screwy when it's not consistent.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

The rule is their to make players not injure themselves. 

Fine, call the penalty. I get that. But don't eject a dude who very clearly wasn't trying to do anything malicious. If it happens twice, malicious or not, you're gone. Seems simple enough.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Yeah that was my point.  Delpit's hit is why the rule exists.  This hit was just unlucky and not particularly forceful either.

delpit should be in the locker room.  It is the subjective review process.  Sam got hit fucking twice against OU and neither was reviewed for targeting. 

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Wasn't watching that feed so I don't know context. But this just hit the news

Wasn’t this the clown that said he was gonna RS to ensure more playing time at Houston once he healed up...practically telling his teammates this season won’t matter... when everyone in the world knew he was gonna jet on his team anyways?

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Pretty amazing how every announcer, every CFP committee member, every network and even every conference's officiating crews are SEC biased.

Most impressive conspiracy i've ever seen.

SEC  bias about to get 10x worse with addition of Kiffin and The Pirate...

(Damn autocorrect still changes Kiffin into Muffin)