Recommend a versatile Steam Cleaner?

I need to buy a decent steam cleaner.  Reason at hand today is I need to remove some mud stains on the off white sofa in the more formal living room.  We FINALLY get some rain and... damn dogs...

I was going to buy just a cheap Bissell handheld, but I have also wished I had a unit that would clean grout, automobile parts, engine compartments, and automobile interiors.  Most of the time now when I am trying to clean all of the above it's its a little soap on a brush followed by shop vac to remove the agitated dirt and remaining liquid.  This honestly works pretty darn well most of the time, but I do notice sometimes a slight discoloration or texture changed on fabric do to the brush agitation.  Not noticeable unless you look really close, but I notice.

I was thinking about perhaps giving this Harbor freight cleaner a try. Anyone have this one?  I know the quality at Harbor Freight isn't the best but I have had pretty darn good luck with most of their electrical or pneumatic tools.  Harbor Freight 1500 watt steam cleaner  Looks similar to ones costing a lot more and clearly with a gazillion attachments it has multiple uses.  Just sort of want some validation that this might be a good choice?  Or perhaps suggest something similar that you like better?

Thanks in advance

spacer.png

i have 2 of these upholstery cleaner things.  a karcher and a Thomas.  all it does is spritz some liquid out the attachment, next to the nozzle input.  the spraying action isnt strong enough to penetrate the upholstery.  and because its next to the nozzle, the fluid doesnt stay in there material long.  for no real benefit, its a pain in the ass to work with the machine.

basically, you'd do as good or better, spraying foam cleaner or whatever else detergent mix into the couch, let it sit a while, and then vacuuming it with a high pressure wet/dry vac. 

this one's different because it makes steam, but i dont think it makes a big difference. 

Since a 20% off coupon arrived in my mail box yesterday I actually tried to buy the harbor freight steamer ,but somebody had gotten the last one... which one of you bastards was it?

As 52-80 said the video I watched has steam clearly coming out but not at a high volume.  Honestly for what I need it's more small scale where I really don't need too much volume.  All the reviews said you were wasting your time if you tried to use it prior to the 20 minute heat up.  Heats up to 212 degrees, and I guess in a couple days I will know if it sucks or not.  One complaint on an online review was the brushes were too soft for his detail business.  Those soft brushes are what sold me for my needs.

I'll review here after I use it.  

I used to watch a lot of detail videos when I would try to amp myself up to do an annual detail on the truck.  Anyhow, one of the popular detail guys on Youtube recommends this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G00BT72/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thedetailge06-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00G00BT72&linkId=bd64e919b3a8a61d3197b31b5b496da8

I was thinking about picking one up, but never did so can't vouch for it.   But it worked great in his videos.