Divorcing? How about Trail by Combat?

crash_davis

Please dear god, tell me these idiots did not procreate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/14/kansas-man-japanese-swordfight-settle-custody-battle-ex/4464045002/

DES MOINES, Iowa – A Kansas man asked an Iowa court to grant his motion for trial by combat, so he can meet his ex-wife and her attorney "on the field of battle where (he) will rend their souls from their corporal bodies."

David Ostrom, 40, of Paola, Kansas, claims in court documents that his ex-wife, Bridgette Ostrom, 38, "destroyed (him) legally."

He asked the Iowa District Court in Shelby County to give him 12 weeks' "lead time" to source or forge katana and wakizashi swords, according to the Carroll Times Herald

"To this day, trial by combat has never been explicitly banned or restricted as a right in these United States," Ostrom argued in court records, saying it was used "as recently as 1818 in British Court."

Monday, Ostrom told the Des Moines Register he got the idea after learning about a case in 2016 in which New York Supreme Court Justice Philip Minardo acknowledged that duels had not been abolished.

Ostrom said the motion stemmed from his frustrations with his ex-wife's attorney, Matthew Hudson.

"I think I've met Mr. Hudson's absurdity with my own absurdity," he said.

Ostrom said his ex-wife can choose her attorney as a "champion," or stand-in fighter. 

What if she chooses The Mountain?

Edited by crash_davis

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/14/kansas-man-japanese-swordfight-settle-custody-battle-ex/4464045002/

DES MOINES, Iowa – A Kansas man asked an Iowa court to grant his motion for trial by combat, so he can meet his ex-wife and her attorney "on the field of battle where (he) will rend their souls from their corporal bodies."

David Ostrom, 40, of Paola, Kansas, claims in court documents that his ex-wife, Bridgette Ostrom, 38, "destroyed (him) legally."

He asked the Iowa District Court in Shelby County to give him 12 weeks' "lead time" to source or forge katana and wakizashi swords, according to the Carroll Times Herald

"To this day, trial by combat has never been explicitly banned or restricted as a right in these United States," Ostrom argued in court records, saying it was used "as recently as 1818 in British Court."

Monday, Ostrom told the Des Moines Register he got the idea after learning about a case in 2016 in which New York Supreme Court Justice Philip Minardo acknowledged that duels had not been abolished.

Ostrom said the motion stemmed from his frustrations with his ex-wife's attorney, Matthew Hudson.

Ostrom said his ex-wife can choose her attorney as a "champion," or stand-in fighter. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Since it says custody battle right in the link I'm guessing that you won't be hearing from God.