Penn State sex crimes not going away

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

One of the greatest moments in shaggy/surly history...

9 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea that was badass. 

Pedo bear not the rape or hazing shit that is going on in that hell hole. That place sucks so hard

Who was the poster who wore the costume? Was is GoLL?

I never liked the guy but it sucks that Paterno is burning in hell right now and Sandusky saw this headline in the prison library and thought to himself, "Atta Boy, Jerry.  Your legacy and culture will live on.  Horseplay or Death!"  

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you have a better euphemism for the thread title I'm all ears

I'll admit that "Penn State Football dipshits still don't understand the gravity of their situation and make light of a truly evil predator and the pathetic cowards who let it happen across multiple decades" isn't nearly as clean of a title.

They are, and always have been, the most evil cult in America’s major collegiate athletics.  

I hate that place, 99.999999999% of their evil fucking GodPaCult fan base and those administration assholes who allowed this all to happen, just for the sake of the Nambly Lions of Crappy Valley.

Evil Fucks pay that piece of shit Franklin about $6,000,000 per year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't worry. The NCAA will be on this! We can always count on them.

Honestly, I've always felt a little queasy about the NCAA doling out punishments in criminal cases. It is--or at least should be--way beyond their scope, and they don't have the resources or the competence to investigate and sentence appropriately. Plus, it feels so incredibly surreal and trivial to be discussing loss of scholarships and postseason bans for rape, abuse, and assault.

Conversely, I do understand the argument that football is the only thing that these twisted fucks care about, so the only thing that may actually change behavior is taking away wins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Conversely, I do understand the argument that football is the only thing that these twisted fucks care about, so the only thing that may actually change behavior is taking away wins.

That's the issue, and it requires an NCAA leader who is willing to fight in court to enforce the organization's ethical behavior by-laws.

Make Penn State argue in court that the NCAA shouldn't be allowed to do anything about the child rape and other sex crimes they've allowed to happen on their campus.

Of course they are back in this situation, they never really felt any big repercussions nor did they ever feel guilty for what transpired.

You enable Sandusky or rape at Baylor, you should suffer worse than SMU. But, we know the ncaa no longer tries to hide or pretend it has that bs angelic mission of amateur sports. it is all greed at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Of course they are back in this situation, they never really felt any big repercussions nor did they ever feel guilty for what transpired.

You enable Sandusky or rape at Baylor, you should suffer worse than SMU. But, we know the ncaa no longer tries to hide or pretend it has that bs angelic mission of amateur sports. it is all greed at this point.

Yep. Both Penn State and Baylor should have gotten the death penalty. You can't condone/cover-up such activities and still have a place at the table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Honestly, I've always felt a little queasy about the NCAA doling out punishments in criminal cases. It is--or at least should be--way beyond their scope, and they don't have the resources or the competence to investigate and sentence appropriately. Plus, it feels so incredibly surreal and trivial to be discussing loss of scholarships and postseason bans for rape, abuse, and assault.

A technicality, but it’s a civil case. It was investigated and sent to the DA and no charges were filed, but he was probably afraid of disappearing like the DA in the 2000’s.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's the issue, and it requires an NCAA leader who is willing to fight in court to enforce the organization's ethical behavior by-laws.

Make Penn State argue in court that the NCAA shouldn't be allowed to do anything about the child rape and other sex crimes they've allowed to happen on their campus.

And that's why Baylor couldn't be punished by the NCAA: because Penn State wasn't punished by the NCAA.

It sucks, but the NCAA is toothless because it chooses to be toothless.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Or... taking away their program.

45 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I Wonder where the DA in State College PA went to school?

Wisconsin

my point was more that after the multiple investigations into Sandusky and that coverup there were all sorts of measures put in place to prevent something like the Sandusky crime and coverup from happening again. There are two groups outside of the athletic department plus local police that investigate everything and it all gets sent to the DA for review. If that system is either corrupted or fails, just shut it all down. 

it is beyond comprehension that after the Sandusky fallout, the MSU fallout, the Baylor rapes, the Current lawsuit over the Ohio state doctor that sexually assaulted hundreds of athletes and students, Zach smith at Ohio state, that something like this could happen at penn state of all places and anyone could think that it could be covered up. 

Edited by heso

34 minutes ago, heso said:

Wisconsin

my point was more that after the multiple investigations into Sandusky and that coverup there were all sorts of measures put in place to prevent something like the Sandusky crime and coverup from happening again. There are two groups outside of the athletic department plus local police that investigate everything and it all gets sent to the DA for review. If that system is either corrupted or fails, just shut it all down. 

it is beyond comprehension that after the Sandusky fallout, the MSU fallout, the Baylor rapes, the Current lawsuit over the Ohio state doctor that sexually assaulted hundreds of athletes and students, Zach smith at Ohio state, that something like this could happen at penn state of all places and anyone could think that it could be covered up. 

You understand that you're basically saying "well now that they know covering up child rape and other sex crimes is wrong it would be ridiculous to think they'd do it again," right? 

Do you think those outside groups and police just magically know everything? Was there not a chain of command that existed the first time around? Someone who knows what happened has to tell someone who isn't corrupt. 

In the current lawsuit, it's claimed that people were told and they investigated but everyone accused denied it happened. If they are lying then that is still a coverup, the difference is that it's a coverup limited to the football program. 

And when the football program's defense against the accusations at first was that it was just a player looking to get an easy transfer it certainly doesn't look good when that player sues for the behavior after he's already gotten that transfer. 

• Like 1