7th Dem 2020 Debate (last before Iowa)

bad_teammate

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That was terrible by Biden and everyone up there should be saying the Senate Republican behavior is despicable and a sham.

The other candidates will not hit him. It's like they've all convinced themselves he's going to win and don't want to risk appointment slots. God.

14 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Bernie sharp tonight.

Bernie's always sharp.  He never looks sharp but he always speaks clearly.  You may not agree with his views (I don't) but he's not gonna go sound like a total buffoon like Joe/Donny.

If he looked like this assclown Steyer in a suit that was less than a couple decades old a lot more people would vote for him.  That's sad but here we are.  

10 minutes ago, Xian said:

What the fuck is Biden saying 

We need Coach Orgeron to translate. 

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That was terrible by Biden and everyone up there should be saying the Senate Republican behavior is despicable and a sham.

Makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The other candidates will not hit him. It's like they've all convinced themselves he's going to win and don't want to risk appointment slots. God.

Well, this kind of makes sense...WTF?  I really thought this was gonna be the debate where they went for his head but nooooo...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Warren totally got boomed on the 30 years thing.  Probably cost her the nomination. 

CNN acting like she buried Bernie with the exchange.

I'm kind of with Bernie on this.  HRC won more votes than Trump, and women knocked it out of the park in 2018.  It's a really silly argument and fuck CNN for going in on it whole hog.

I definitely don't give a shit that she refused a handshake. Fuck decorum.

She believes that Bernie Sanders, of all people, is some kind of misogynist who tried to crush her dreams as an innocent and vulnerable 69*-year-old little girl. Good, live your truth. No triangulation, no waffling.

I respect Petty Liz more than Sneaky Liz.

A Liz that will call Bernie a sexist in public is one that might fucking beat Trump.

Sucks for her that she fucked her math up on the gotcha, though. Should have had an Asian staffer check the figures.

* - nice

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

The $37 Trillion for healthcare over 10 years is already funded by premiums to private insurance which brings about copays, co insurance and high deductibles along with terrible exclusions. M4A will divert the existing funding and solve all the nastiness, as it already does for those 65+ like our parents.  The beast already exists, nothing to reinvent, just give it to everyone.

That's a ridiculous statement that the left keeps making and here's why it won't work for the ones that already have healthcare: Replace healthcare with travel. Current travel cost for everyone(ones that fly private, first class, economy, train and greyhound) is $3.2 trillion. What we should do is nationalize it and make everyone travel on greyhound premium. The ones that were already traveling on greyhound would love it as they would not pay anything more, possibly even less and get a bump by traveling on greyhound premium. But the ones that weren't, like the ones flying economy, first class or private now get to pay for those same fares and yet have to travel on greyhound premium. Why would they?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Xian said:

I miss yang 

I did, too. And Cory Booker. Either of them could have replaced Steyer w/o missing a beat.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There wasn’t a wine cave moment in this debate.  

vanilla and un-memorable overall. 

I agree,  this debate needed some ooomph.

Iowa in general is a pretty state where humans haven't mucked it up.

8 hours ago, hornhorn said:

That's a ridiculous statement that the left keeps making and here's why it won't work for the ones that already have healthcare: Replace healthcare with travel. Current travel cost for everyone(ones that fly private, first class, economy, train and greyhound) is $3.2 trillion. What we should do is nationalize it and make everyone travel on greyhound premium. The ones that were already traveling on greyhound would love it as they would not pay anything more, possibly even less and get a bump by traveling on greyhound premium. But the ones that weren't, like the ones flying economy, first class or private now get to pay for those same fares and yet have to travel on greyhound premium. Why would they?

dumb analogy.  My mom  has medicare and goes to the best doctors in the area, pays almost nothing. She's had surgery and paid almost nothing. There is no max out of pocket crap that i have at my job's insurance. It's an awesome value really.

Edited by NowThis

21 minutes ago, NowThis said:

dumb analogy.  My mom  has medicare and goes to the best doctors in the area, pays almost nothing. She's had surgery and paid almost nothing. There is no max out of pocket crap that i have at my job's insurance. It's an awesome value really.

My parents have medicare and cannot see the best doctors in our area.  There are a lot of doctors in our area. 

• Like 2

Just now, bernorange said:

My parents have medicare and cannot see the best doctors in our area.  There are a lot of doctors in our area. 

to clarify, we have the Medicare Supplement which is about $96/month. My mom has United Healthcare and so do I from my job. Same carrier , but her insurance is much better than mine.

36 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Not a dumb analogy, once M4ALL passes the service is going to suck due to the exponential increase of patients. There's a reason why Canada has a private option. 

So you're asking people with insurance to pay the same, possibly more and then get worse service. And if they want the same level of service then make another payment to have the private option. Yeah, sounds like it would be a real popular idea for those. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hornhorn said:

Not a dumb analogy, once M4ALL passes the service is going to suck due to the exponential increase of patients. There's a reason why Canada has a private option. 

So you're asking people with insurance to pay the same, possibly more and then get worse service. And if they want the same level of service then make another payment to have the private option. Yeah, sounds like it would be a real popular idea for those. 

The idea is to sacrifice for the greater good because you need to realize your privilege is why you have amazing, employee-paid insurance and for a family of 5 you pay 1% of your paycheck out of pocket. You are privileged to have that perk and so you should think of others less privileged.

On the thread about the working class being dead everyone is in agreement that government jobs are where the mentally slow and weak of society go to toil away for a life time of meaningful work stapling papers and filing away $500 hammer receipts, but whenever people talk about a nationalized or M4A, everyone seems to give the government the benefit of the doubt it won’t be a disaster and full of graft and embezzlement like the Medicare/Home Health industry Being run by Nigerian War Lords and Filipino confidence men.

6 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

it's not going to be exponential, perhaps 20% increase in patients.  People with insurance will not pay a second time, because they won't need their private insurance anymore; which employers partially fund as well and will continue to do so to M4A.  This is all just a paper change in payment systems, diverting the money away from insurance companies who remain as admins and take some profit, but deductibles and co insurance are eliminated.  More funding can come from military cuts.

• Like 2

The idea is to sacrifice for the greater good because you need to realize your privilege is why you have amazing, employee-paid insurance and for a family of 5 you pay 1% of your paycheck out of pocket. You are privileged to have that perk and so you should think of others less privileged.
On the thread about the working class being dead everyone is in agreement that government jobs are where the mentally slow and weak of society go to toil away for a life time of meaningful work stapling papers and filing away $500 hammer receipts, but whenever people talk about a nationalized or M4A, everyone seems to give the government the benefit of the doubt it won’t be a disaster and full of graft and embezzlement like the Medicare/Home Health industry Being run by Nigerian War Lords and Filipino confidence men.
But you're not understanding his point! He's saying the problem with providing healthcare to everyone is that everyone would have healthcare!

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
31 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

But you're not understanding his point! He's saying the problem with providing healthcare to everyone is that everyone would have healthcare!

Go back to ignoring me, you read no good. Bad Brad! Bad bad Brad!

Edited by hornhorn

22 minutes ago, NowThis said:

it's not going to be exponential, perhaps 20% increase in patients.  People with insurance will not pay a second time, because they won't need their private insurance anymore; which employers partially fund as well and will continue to do so to M4A.  This is all just a paper change in payment systems, diverting the money away from insurance companies who remain as admins and take some profit, but deductibles and co insurance are eliminated.  More funding can come from military cuts.

Oh yes people will have to pay the second time if they want the same level of service they do right now. If they don't want to deal with wait times etc.

And you can defund the military by half and it would only add 400 billion to a 3.2 trillion M4ALL budget.