Fleetwood Mac has fired Buckingham, hired Mike Campbell

Gil Bang

He's on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock Assholes, probably after Henley. Probably.

Check out the books Gold Dust Woman, Making Rumours, or Storms. The list of his assholic accomplishments are too many to list here, but it usually involves how he treated Stevie (some real top shelf, cringe worthy stuff) the CONTINUES TO THIS DAY and strongarming or politicking/back-stabbing in the production booth.

Side Note: Regardless, Gold Dust Woman and Play On (Mick's book) are recommended for Fleetwood Mac fans. Though for different reasons.

Edited by BoomMF

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I saw them in concert a few years ago.  Without Buckingham it wouldn't have been a very good show.  

Yeah, the last time I saw them, I went with my wife, and she made the comment that it was basically an old folks’ home on the stage plus one rock star.

I gotta say, I’ve read a ton of Fleetwood Mac books and stories, and I’m not sure LB was a bigger a-hole than any other musical genius who wrote and produced some of the greatest albums in rock history, then found himself shuttled by limo from hotel suite to private jet to stadium gigs, all while surrounded by throngs of worshippers, armies of smoking hot women, and an endless river of cocaine.  

—Team Lindsey

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

I'd go see Lindsey without Fleetwood Mac. I would not go see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey.

Right Lindsey? Lindseeeey????

Dis.  He may be a first class douchenut, but sorry, this is like Van Halen with.. no, not Sammy Hagar, that was okay, more like... Michael Bolton.

Unless they drop tickets to like $20 per pop.   Which, hah yahright, is likely to happen.

Didn't approve of MB and SN joining the band back in 75, just didn't fit with the tradition of the 3 prior frontmen.  But over time I had to grudgingly admit that Buckingham had plenty of artistry in him.  Really a ton more than the rest of the writers, which wasn't that hard.  Still, some impressive, if pop, stuff, over the years.  

I recall reading a Rolling Stone article (remember when, if you were hip, you had that and Texas Monthly?) right after the romantic break all those years ago, profiling LB, and he was at that time quite the alcoholic.  Goes with the sensitive artist thing, I guess.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fucking drama with this band.

The Eagles got back together and Roger Waters and David Gilmour are on good terms. Fucking Guns N' Roses got back together and are having a blast. Fleetwood Mac is like if you took Guns N' Roses and you replaced everyone except Axl with a clone of Axl. 

32 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

The Eagles got back together and Roger Waters and David Gilmour are on good terms. Fucking Guns N' Roses got back together and are having a blast. Fleetwood Mac is like if you took Guns N' Roses and you replaced everyone except Axl with a clone of Axl. 

They have wimmen in the band.  Case closed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I think it's because those bands weren't one big internal orgy..... or maybe they were but they don't talk about it.  Everyone has fucked each other in this band, literally and figuratively, so it's hard to piece back together.  Besides that, Stevie's pipes are toast.  She sounds like shit so the only thing to really want to go see is LB's guitar.  Mike Campbell's a fucking legend, but it's not the same... They should just all go their own way...

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

It’s also because last year Lindsey played the AAC in Dallas and this year it’s the Majestic. That’s a mighty fall for someone with an ego as big as his. Really he wants all the rest just to be his supporting act, he’s pissed they won’t see it his way. I don’t blame them.

This seems like the entirely wrong climate for Lindsey's Lindsey-ness to come out in the general public. His treatment of Stevie for the past 40 years, right up to recently, is going to place him on the Mount Rushmore of musical shitheads. It's Henley-level asshatery and he's largely gotten away with it. That might've come to an end the moment he filed the lawsuit.

Plus the reality is that I would guess 99% of people who would recognize and say they like Fleetwood Mac tunes have no idea who the fuck he is. To the general public fan it’s always been Stevie Nicks and whoever else.

I get that he can’t handle that but bro your band isn’t Guns N’ Roses and you aren’t Slash.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Plus the reality is that I would guess 99% of people who would recognize and say they like Fleetwood Mac tunes have no idea who the fuck he is. To the general public fan it’s always been Stevie Nicks and whoever else.

I think that's somewhat correct . . . but the demographic who recognizes and likes Fleetwood Mac tunes likes a lot of songs he wrote, co-wrote, and/or sang lead on.  They just don't know his name.  They sure as hell know "Go Your Own Way", "Second Hand News", "The Chain", and "Tusk".

In reality he is a huge part of Fleetwood Mac's success, jerk or not.  They're kinda like The Beatles -- everyone contributes in a unique way, and the band really isn't the same with any parts missing, even if one or two members dominate the storyline.  And to be fair, he's either first or second only to Stevie among people who know what they're talking about when it comes to telling that story.

• Hook 'Em 1