Art Briles back coaching in college

theaveragejon

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In this case I think we were fully validated.

Also they used this as a smokescreen to hire Bobby fucking Petrino, which is hilarious.

No shit, it's like the doctor telling you that you have terminal cancer and then as you start to break down in tear he says, "It's ok, I was just kidding.  It's only syphilis."

Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No shit, it's like the doctor telling you that you have terminal cancer and then as you start to break down in tear he says, "It's ok, I was just kidding.  It's only syphilis."

Brilliant!

It really is brilliant. Any program in the world that is going to make a hire that might leave their fans scratching their heads can just float Briles' name out there first. Folks will gasp, then the school makes their "final" decision, wink wink, and everyone breathes again. Art should be charging a fee for the service.

5 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It really is brilliant. Any program in the world that is going to make a hire that might leave their fans scratching their heads can just float Briles' name out there first. Folks will gasp, then the school makes their "final" decision, wink wink, and everyone breathes again. Art should be charging a fee for the service.

I heard Art Briles is going to be our TE coach.

Missouri State (formerly Southwest Missouri State) is the big state party school for kids who couldn't get into Mizzou.  Think Southwest Texas State prior to them actually starting to try to build some academics.  I probably know 100 grads, 95 of whom should have never wasted the time and money on "college".

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

How long until Baylor gets tired of losing and brings him back?

11-3 in 2019. They’ll fall off a cliff in 2020, but still. 
AB is 64. Not sure he’ll make it back to P5 football at this point. Thank God. 
Tapefingers, on the other hand ... A couple of losing seasons under whoever they hire to replace Rhule and I can see the rape enablers start the Tapefingers chant. 

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I don't remember that one.  Tried to Google it, but the PC Police seem to have reimagined Eddie's history.

I recently tried to re-read "Semi-Tough" by Dan Jenkins (originally published 1972).  Ouch.  PC police would fire a nuclear missile from orbit at the first 20 pages.  

• Like 2

• 2 years later...