Art Briles back coaching in college

theaveragejon

I had the privilege of sitting next to Eddie Robinson on a flight from DFW to SHV back about 1988. He was a true gentleman and didn't mind talking with me about everything football. From micro to macro he indulged me with his wonderful insight. From that day I always pulled for Grambling, but no more. I will remain an Eddie Robinson fan for the rest of my days, but I imagine he's doing about 8000 RPM in his grave about now.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

DOH: Missed @LTtxfan link above.

She [the same reporter from the screenshot above] did the interview.  Decent questions.  He still seems to come across as a scumbag.  Perhaps because...   HE IS.

Full transcript (along w/ full video) here:
https://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news/top-stories/watch-interview-with-grambling-state-offensive-coordinator-art-briles/

Q: Looking back now, what would you have done differently?

A: That’s a huge question. Just make sure that everyone is on the same page about what they’re doing, when they’re doing it, how to report, and how to protect students and everybody involved. Like I said, we’re still learning, I’m still learning. I’m kinda a good soldier so to speak, you tell me what to do I’m gonna do it, that’s just what I’ve always done. So hopefully, you know, I’ve learned people need to recognize the places, policies and procedures that are there and understand the space that every individual deserves.

Edited by boilerhorn

I spoke to someone in the football alumni booster program briefly. They are not happy. Others are not happy. 

They'll be fine with getting rid of Hugh and the AD if it means they can also take out the President.

So... They have to decide if they let this roll without saying they approve it, then stomp it out after who knows how much PR damage is done, or they save the program now which doesn't cap the President.

My guess is the latter will happen when the heat gets turned up.  Most GSU supporters don't know about Art Briles and Baylor. They know he had had RGiii.  When "52 rape coverups in 4 years" gets going, this is dead for a couple reasons. 

1 rape.

2 white man rape cover up relaunching at an HBCU.... "If he was black coach, none of the white schools would hire him... he'd be probably be in prison..."

F Art Briles

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Gotta say that I'm shocked he hasn't been fired yet after ESPN went scorched Earth on them yesterday.  I always felt like Grambling had a solid reputation among college football programs.  Especially for a smaller school.  I can't believe they would ruin that with someone as radioactive as Briles.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1