Jack Reacher to Amazon

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Folks/studio behind Jack Ryan are doing this, so should be solid.

if jack ryan were on CBS they'd have just called it CIA. 

so long as the opening scene of each series is him sitting in a diner with his coffee and full breakfast, and the last scene of each series is him sitting in a diner with his coffee and full breakfast, and the in between consists of violence finding him, him banging the hottest chick around (who is also trying to end the violence) and him killing everyone while LEOs look the other way, i'll be satisfied.

i don't know if the source material is rich enough to make more than a few episodes per.  neither of the movies felt particularly crammed or like they were missing something. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

wtf?

Bernthal is 5' 11"

Tom Hardy is 5' 9"

11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Cross him off then. 

Christ bro. He played fucking Bane. 

That's when you know you're a good actor.....when people assume you're half a foot taller than you really are.

9 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Kevin Durand is 6’6” and 45

damn eat a cheesburger dude.

if jack ryan were on CBS they'd have just called it CIA. 
so long as the opening scene of each series is him sitting in a diner with his coffee and full breakfast, and the last scene of each series is him sitting in a diner with his coffee and full breakfast, and the in between consists of violence finding him, him banging the hottest chick around (who is also trying to end the violence) and him killing everyone while LEOs look the other way, i'll be satisfied.
i don't know if the source material is rich enough to make more than a few episodes per.  neither of the movies felt particularly crammed or like they were missing something. 
Thanks for spoiling each book!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 11:42 PM, huge said:

Yeah, casting will be key.

I always pictured Rat Stevenson in my head when I was reading the books.

And once again, for people who didn't read the books, he doesn't have to be some tall hulking dude.  Jut a guy who looks like he is a bad ass and can kick ass.  It could be a Jason Statham type guy for all it matters.

42 minutes ago, Drew said:

And once again, for people who didn't read the books, he doesn't have to be some tall hulking dude.  Jut a guy who looks like he is a bad ass and can kick ass.  It could be a Jason Statham type guy for all it matters.

How about if you have read the books?

• Like 1

Don't know.  Can't just cast based on what book readers think of when they read a book.  Expanse and GOT actors and everything would be completely different.

I understand the gripes about a 5'2" guy pretending to be a bad ass...but if they cast a 5'9"-5'11" it shouldn't hurt them.

Height schmeight, physique schymisique, it's the acting.  Forrest Gump's character as written was 6'6" and ~250# but Tom Hanks nicely finessed that discrepancy.

Yeah, it's hard today to separate Tom Cruise off screen with his character but I thought he pulled off his Reacher roles pretty well.  I'm glad he did because I had never heard of the books.  After all the pissing snd moaning about bad casting, I downloaded a random audiobook and was soon hooked.

I'm looking forward to watching the new series for the first faithful rendition of a climactic scene where Reacher has the drop on an evil character, when most fiction writers would insert a line expounding on some moral virtue or other.  Lee Child has Reacher shoot the thug between the eyes.

The height/build does matter. Part of his persona in the books was the fact that he was an imposing figure. IIRC he was even referred to as 'Bigfoot' one time. I'll watch regardless, but would love to see someone close to the character get the part.

If amazon does a Virgil Flower or Mitch Rapp series, Bezos would be my new man crush.

The height/build does matter. Part of his persona in the books was the fact that he was an imposing figure. IIRC he was even referred to as 'Bigfoot' one time. I'll watch regardless, but would love to see someone close to the character get the part.
If amazon does a Virgil Flower or Mitch Rapp series, Bezos would be my new man crush.

Agreed. Tom Cruise did a good job in the role, but the movies always seemed off because of his size. For those who've never read the books, the size of the actor won't matter. For those who've read the books, which I imagine will be a lot of viewers, I think a smaller actor will damage the shows credibility.

4 hours ago, Zombie said:
9 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Agreed. Tom Cruise did a good job in the role, but the movies always seemed off because of his size. For those who've never read the books, the size of the actor won't matter. For those who've read the books, which I imagine will be a lot of viewers, I think a smaller actor will damage the shows credibility.

Reacher's imposing physical size is critical to his character.  Saying anything to the contrary is dumb.  

He isnt a highly trained, super quick, technical martial arts type of fighter. Reacher is a very big, non-muscle bound brawler that anticipates his opponent and fights dirty, incorporating a blunt force trauma approach to fighting.  That is a large part of his character as it is compared to is cerebral side where he solves things with his intellect.  He's often referred to as "the big guy" and underestimated by the bad guys, both physically and intellectually. 

Size does matter.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

Reacher's imposing physical size is critical to his character.  Saying anything to the contrary is dumb.  

He isnt a highly trained, super quick, technical martial arts type of fighter. Reacher is a very big, non-muscle bound brawler that anticipates his opponent and fights dirty, incorporating a blunt force trauma approach to fighting.  That is a large part of his character as it is compared to is cerebral side where he solves things with his intellect.  He's often referred to as "the big guy" and underestimated by the bad guys, both physically and intellectually. 

Size does matter.  

So he's a tall guy with a dad bod?  That's who you bookfags are getting so worked up over?  I'd go Vince Vaughn based off this description.

• Fuck You 1