The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fired?  More like fired upon.

If he told Pompeo to "take her out," he'd probably be demanding that she be fired.

But how are Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman going to carry out firing the American ambassador?

And if "take her out" doesn't mean firing her, then whatever could it mean?

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Some friends of ours are hosting a fundraiser at their house for/with him in a few weeks.  Debating whether $500 is worth a chance to talk to him about this experience.

you could probably get Surly posters to fund your ticket, but it's going to come with a list of questions and require proof you asked them...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

I called Cruz's office a couple of days ago, was treated rudely, and the person taking my call said they didn't even take any notes to pass along. They're all fuckers who'd really rather not deal with the underling class.

true blue Texan Ted Cruz probably hasn't stepped foot in Texas since early November.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

That's a HUGE bingo.  Not kidding, I see some sort of obvious Christian logo on a business, I avoid them like the plague -- it's almost always cover for them being ultra-shitty to their customers.

Hell, there's an overplayed meme about it:

k6ximl2fcsx31.jpg

Add any business created in the last 5 years whose name contains the word "Patriot."

• Like 3

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

The ones that infuriate me are the ones who say "we are veteran friendly" with a picture of a soldier. Who's not veteran friendly?! 

Yep. A guy in Austin says he's a veteran, veterans are always welcome. I feel like the appeal is to the God Bless our Troops crowd who have never served themselves. I don't imagine a combat veteran getting all misty about a free cup of coffee. Not even a break on the undercoat!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

The ones that infuriate me are the ones who say "we are veteran friendly" with a picture of a soldier. Who's not veteran friendly?! 

Fuckin' A.  The goddamned Capitol Chevrolet ads drive me nuts.  "I'm a veteran, and veterans are always welcome at Capitol Chevrolet!!!"

What, was there some epidemic of car dealers saying "sorry, Sergeant, we don't sell Silverados to your kind?"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Some friends of ours are hosting a fundraiser at their house for/with him in a few weeks.  Debating whether $500 is worth a chance to talk to him about this experience.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

you could probably get Surly posters to fund your ticket, but it's going to come with a list of questions and require proof you asked them...

I would rather crowdfund @Sbbruin's ticket to a mar-a-lago fundraiser, but it will come with some stipulations...

oe0g2.gif

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep. A guy in Austin says he's a veteran, veterans are always welcome. I feel like the appeal is to the God Bless our Troops crowd who have never served themselves. I don't imagine a combat veteran getting all misty about a free cup of coffee. Not even a break on the undercoat!

Holy shit, I've been secretly cussing that guy every time I heard it for years, thinking I was the only one.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuckin' A.  The goddamned Capitol Chevrolet ads drive me nuts.  "I'm a veteran, and veterans are always welcome at Capitol Chevrolet!!!"

What, was there some epidemic of car dealers saying "sorry, Sergeant, we don't sell Silverados to your kind?"

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Holy shit, I've been secretly cussing that guy every time I heard it for years, thinking I was the only one.  

yeah, me too. i asked my father in law, who is a veteran, what he thought about it and he just rolled his eyes, "f that guy"

goddamn right, you pandering sonuvabitch

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Soldiers were the first casualties in the war on Christmas.

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

yeah, fuck that guy...but you know it works well on the intended audience.

I gotta admit, I've thought about calling him and saying "you know, I'd really like to buy a sweet new Chevy 4X4, but I'm a peacenik, so too bad for you."