The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

47 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep. A guy in Austin says he's a veteran, veterans are always welcome. I feel like the appeal is to the God Bless our Troops crowd who have never served themselves. I don't imagine a combat veteran getting all misty about a free cup of coffee. Not even a break on the undercoat!

macy_fargo_400x400.jpg

See, they install that at the factory......

• Like 2

Yep. A guy in Austin says he's a veteran, veterans are always welcome. I feel like the appeal is to the God Bless our Troops crowd who have never served themselves. I don't imagine a combat veteran getting all misty about a free cup of coffee. Not even a break on the undercoat!
I have an irrational hatred of that dude and his billboards with his finger pointing at me. Fuck you because other dealers clearly don't welcome vets you shameless fuck.

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don't trust a politician wearing a flag lapel pin the same way I don't trust a business that has overtly religious symbology hanging up over the cash register.  Based on my own life experience, both of those are big signs to me that they are out to screw me.

So is Whataburger gonna get rid of thier "In God we trust" stickers off now since they sold?

28 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Is there anything to stop the Dems from issuing subpoenas to all of those witnesses whom they’d still like to hear from after this trial ends (assuming an acquittal), with the hope of getting someone to testify (assuming Supreme Court hears an appeal)?  Get that?

In the Senate?  

50 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Is there anything to stop the Dems from issuing subpoenas to all of those witnesses whom they’d still like to hear from after this trial ends (assuming an acquittal), with the hope of getting someone to testify (assuming Supreme Court hears an appeal)?  Get that?

basically everyone is waiting on the mcgahn subpoena, which has been working its way through the courts since april of last year (iirc).  however that one gets decided will basically decide all the rest of them.  there's nothing that says, should the subpoenas be upheld, that trump couldn't be impeached again. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/mcgahn-impeachment-testimony-house-courts/index.html

3n4sdt.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

In the House.  Don’t think the Senate would hear of it.

I expect House oversight could issue whatever subpoenas it saw fit; that said, politically it would be problematic barring some new grounds for the additional investigation (they took their shot and missed).

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

basically everyone is waiting on the mcgahn subpoena, which has been working its way through the courts since april of last year (iirc).  however that one gets decided will basically decide all the rest of them.  there's nothing that says, should the subpoenas be upheld, that trump couldn't be impeached again. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/mcgahn-impeachment-testimony-house-courts/index.html

There is nothing that says they couldn't, but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to Republicans yelling double jeopardy for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

His Castroville bias is strong, but I'm not sure where he stands on D'Hanis.

D’Hanis rhymes with Anus. 

2 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Careful - @hornian will be along soon to chime in with “F Hondo!”

F Hondo

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Quihi takes a dump on D'Anus.

Mico actually shits on all of them. Literally, it is upstream. 

Also, how the hell did I wind up in CR?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Can’t dotard fire any ambassador he wants?  Granted, the reason for the firing makes him guilty of other crimes but unless the reason is spelled out this doesn’t mean shit. Hell, it still doesn’t mean shit because nothing means shit any more. 
Shit.

he's not being impeached for wrongful termination.

it's about continuing the narrative concerning what rudy was trying to get done in ukraine.  it also gives parnas a little more credibility, if trump is really discussing this type of shit with him at the table.

• Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

it's about continuing the narrative concerning what rudy was trying to get done in ukraine.  it also gives parnas a little more credibility, if trump is really discussing this type of shit with him at the table.

It would seemingly destroy Trump's statement that he doesn't know Parnas. Particularly when he says "He, little Lev ... could you pass me the butter?"

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

The whole shadow diplomacy outside the State Department is bothersome as hell and is the primary current underlying this whole thing.

I dont really think there's any statutory crime analogous to that, but I think its definitely bad business and should be impeachable.

I am also kind of unsure how you "prove" it other than circumstantially.

• Like 2

Schiff won’t be welcome in the senate because apparently all the R senators were offended with his closing remarks about the “head on a pike” comment like Collins and Murkowski.  Also, I find it interesting that CNN, MSNBC, etc.. are all talking about the impeachment and did the Dems make their case so I switched over to Fox and I see Lindsey Graham saying all this shows is Obama didn’t do a good enough job in Ukraine with corruption and we need to go after Biden.  Maybe Civil War would be best for the country.  

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Seeing on Twitter the referenced recording is a hour long.

Lordy!!

Is this all standard operating procedures for mobbed up con men grifters? That they record conversations? I have conversations all the time but that kind of thing is just weird to me. 

I agree that the whole “I’m so upset because of Adam Schiff said ‘X’ is the biggest bag of snowflake covered crap I’ve ever heard. They are grasping for any excuse to rationalize and spitshine the vote they were going to make all along. Hypocritical sanctimonious buncha traitors, goons and thieves. 

• Like 1

also, can we discuss how absolutely fucked it is that cnn (and everyone else) is reporting about this handful of senators really considering their vote about witnesses because of the demographics of their state/how safe their seat is?

but nobody is fucking talking about the other 49 gop senators who should be considering their vote because of, oh i don't know, how 100% guilty trump is of the charges?  and how true schiff's statements were about what these votes mean for the future of our country?  they just heard 3 days of undisputed facts, and then the bow on the end of what their inevitable defense will be, which i can only assume will be alarmingly accurate.

jesus effing christ.  it's over.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also, can we discuss how absolutely fucked it is that cnn (and everyone else) is reporting about this handful of senators really considering their vote about witnesses because of the demographics of their state/how safe their seat is?

but nobody is fucking talking about the other 49 gop senators who should be considering their vote because of, oh i don't know, how 100% guilty trump is of the charges?  and how true schiff's statements were about what these votes mean for the future of our country?  they just heard 3 days of undisputed facts, and then the bow on the end of what their inevitable defense will be, which i can only assume will be alarmingly accurate.

jesus effing christ.  it's over.

I don’t know how their office aides work with respect to keeping them abreast of things, but even Matt ‘dumber than a box of rocks’ Gaetz knew the score when he was sitting in the Inquiry room. So some Senator that is not aware that almost 75% of the country WANTS WITNESSES and DOCUMENTS so that everyone is informed is absolutely derelict in duty and/or willingly a traitor to the office they hold. 

Give me a fucking break. GOP senators were looking for any excuse to justify voting against impeachment. His reference to the CBS story was just what they decided was going to be the reason. If it wasn't that, it would have been something else. Hypocrisy in real life.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Schiff did a masterful job. Republicans are scared idiots. No Profiles in Courage in that group. I hope it all comes back at them. 

The Profiles In Chickenshit 2020 award goes to . . . You may know him as Lyin’ Ted . . . his dad killed Kennedy . . . His wife is not attractive to the President or to him. . . He jerked off with Canadian Bacon while peeping through the keyhole at his best friend taking a dump . . . it’s the guy who is as equally Hispanic as Tom Cruise but infinitely less cool, memorable, or overall mentally fit human . . . It’s . . .Ted Cruz

• Like 3