The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Would it be that hard for any of the media to pull the board of directors of the Fortune Top 20 companies and see who on each board is an expert in that field and what they are paid?  Pretty sure not everyone on the board of Exxon is a O&G person or UHCs board are experts on insurance, etc....plus they are probably paid more than 50K a month.  Not saying Hunter Biden is clean but this is complaining someone got a job because of their family name Or help from their parents which means we would have to go after most of the upper class in this country.

The morons who support Trump won't get any of this.  Having Biden called as a witness will simply be a win for them and further evidence that the Dems are corrupt. 

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

am i the only one who's totally fine if they want to call hunter biden?  what are they gonna ask him, about how he got the spot on the board and call him unqualified?

tell me the difference between stupid and illegal and i'll have my wife's brother arrested /thebigshort

Call everyone.  The point (is supposed to be) to get at the truth.  

And if Hunter and/or Joe Biden did something wrong, they should be held accountable.  You don't hope someone gets away with wrongdoing just because they're on your team.  That's the epitome of corruption.  And 90% of Republicans are corrupt, complicit, and unethical.  The whole party and its news channel need to be burned to the ground.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

am i the only one who's totally fine if they want to call hunter biden?  what are they gonna ask him, about how he got the spot on the board and call him unqualified?

tell me the difference between stupid and illegal and i'll have my wife's brother arrested /thebigshort

1. It would put an end to Trump’s “Where’s Hunter?” tweets. 

2. Hunter can use his time to get in multiple digs about Trump’s kids benefiting from their dad’s name. 

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Call everyone.  The point (is supposed to be) to get at the truth.  

And if Hunter and/or Joe Biden did something wrong, they should be held accountable.  You don't hope someone gets away with wrongdoing just because they're on your team.  That's the epitome of corruption.  And 90% of Republicans are corrupt, complicit, and unethical.  The whole party and its news channel need to be burned to the ground

Yeah, and while we are at it, let's ask foreign government is they can provide any relevant information!

This is primarily an impeachment about abuse of power in the way one gets and manipulates information.  We aren't really seeking to know who is more sleazy than the other about taking advantage of government connections.  We are seeking information on abuse of power.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Yeah, and while we are at it, let's ask foreign government is they can provide any relevant information!

This is primarily an impeachment about abuse of power in the way one gets and manipulates information.  We aren't really seeking to know who is more sleazy than the other about taking advantage of government connections.  We are seeking information on abuse of power.

That would be a terrific idea - and then vote or toss ALL the bums out. If not in this trial, then a new independent investigation starting today. Nothing ends with the the likely outcome of this trial. 

Just now, pyrohornIII said:

However it falls, Bolton just made the State of the Union address more interesting.  I wouldn't put it past trump to delay or cancel it all together.

Nothing would make me happier if Trump goes off prompter at the state of the union and if he takes his adderal.

Edited by Pasken

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

they have all known. this shit is plain as day. they are just pissed that their plausible deniability was just shattered.

Yeah, the idea that Mitch and his merry crew were not apprised of the Bolton manuscript just doesn't pass the smell test.  Senate Republicans were proud of the fact that they were working with Trump's team to lay out the trial process.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, the idea that Mitch and his merry crew were not apprised of the Bolton manuscript just doesn't pass the smell test.  Senate Republicans were proud of the fact that they were working with Trump's team to lay out the trial process.

It doesn't pass the smell test, and they probably knew, but this is Donald we are talking about. I think they knew, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Donald just didn't give a fuck enough to tell them. He's king, he knows what he did was perfect, and they will kiss the ring or be sent into political exile. 

10 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Man they threw Kenn Starr out there to just burn the clock.

Amazing. It’s happened 3 times in 46 years. There’s 6 presidents who managed to not be impeached during that time

And one of those times was his baby! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think its likely McConnell knew and it was part of the acceleration on their part to get the trial over with before this got out.  It wouldn't surprise me that they kept the rank and file R's in the dark about it, because there are plenty that would leak it.  

As much as I loath Ken Starr, he has quickly confirmed my initial assessment that Jay Sekulow is not a very good lawyer.

Beyond the overall poor organization and logic of his initial Saturday presentation, I almost fell off of the treadmill when Sekulow cited "34 colon seven through 13" of Dr. Fiona Hill's deposition transcript. 
  • Like 1

I think its likely McConnell knew and it was part of the acceleration on their part to get the trial over with before this got out.  It wouldn't surprise me that they kept the rank and file R's in the dark about it, because there are plenty that would leak it.  
Don't people believe WH leaked the excerpt? "Trial" could have been wrapped up this week before Bolton prose leaked.

You know, this whole argument that the House failed to follow process just doesn't fly.  There is no fucking way Pelosi, Schiff et al just ran roughshod over established procedures in building their case.  I'd like to see Starr explicitly lay out the exact procedural errors committed by this "runaway House", but of course, that won't happen, because the important thing is to create an escape for the Senate.  "Well, we probably would have considered the evidence but our hands were tied.  It was a sham impeachment.  What could we do?  We have to respect the Constitution."

Hang 'em high.

9 minutes ago, heso said:

Guys Zelensky said there was no quid pro quo. Pack it up. No need for this trial. 

I've never talked to the guy.

Okay, I talked to him, but we were talking about the weather.

Okay, I did withhold aid, but I wanted nothing in return.

Okay, I asked him to launch an investigation but he didn't do it while I was also withholding aid for another reason.

Okay, maybe I did withhold aid so that he would launch the investigation, but it isn't a crime to ask for quid pro quo.  Its a crime only if the quid pro quo is delivered.  Like back when I hired a hitman and asked him to kill a guy, but the hitman didn't kill the guy, so no crime at all.

Okay, maybe its an attempted crime, but who cares?  There is no such thing as an attempted crime.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 5

If there was ever a time for someone from the House to pull out a video of Marissa Tomei stating, "The defense is wrong," now would be that time. I think the WH lawyers are going for solemnity and fake sincerity which the occasion would warrant, but they ended up with sleezy somnambulism instead.

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

there is a ton of writing about what it takes to be an impeachable offense.  if that tweet is a true reflection of starr's argument, he's off the rails.  it also occurs to me that a trial judge can shut down argument that is contrary to the law.  seems like roberts has that option here, no?