The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

Don’t know who said it on a previous post (and too lazy to look) but it’s a great point that forcing hunter to testify is basically completing Rudy and trumps desire to get a Ukraine press conference announcing an investigation.

hopefully a political reporter in the senate will also start to throw that out there as a question to the senators who want to make this a political battle not a trial.

my fear is that relevancy of a witness will mean nothing when it only takes 51 senators to request a witness. Collins will back down by saying that it’s only fair to let both sides call whatever witness they want.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

But that Ernst video after the hearing, though. Wow, the giddiness was off the charts. I'm thinking that Iowa KAG rally on Thursday is going to be crazy if the trial ends before that. Is she flying back for that? Like every other person on the planet, she has a book coming out in May. “Daughter of the Heartland: My Ode to the Country That Raised Me.” Hope she thanks the American taxpayers who are paying for her brazen stupidity. I can applaud her service in Kuwait and Iraq, but perhaps she should not have drunk the Trump-ade.

While the Ukraine thing may be neutral on Biden overall (his numbers have been amazingly steady), you have to think Ernst basically telling Democrats that voting for Biden is a referendum on the impeachment will give him a mild bump.  It probably won't matter to anyone supporting a top five candidate, but for the undecideds and the supporters of the minor candidates, I could see it giving them a nudge. 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don’t know who said it on a previous post (and too lazy to look) but it’s a great point that forcing hunter to testify is basically completing Rudy and trumps desire to get a Ukraine press conference announcing an investigation.

hopefully a political reporter in the senate will also start to throw that out there as a question to the senators who want to make this a political battle not a trial.

my fear is that relevancy of a witness will mean nothing when it only takes 51 senators to request a witness. Collins will back down by saying that it’s only fair to let both sides call whatever witness they want.

Calling a private citizen to testify? Yes, it completes Trump's wish, but if we are asking for private citizens to be deposed, then Parnas, Fruman, Correria, Andrey Kukushkin, Harry Sargeant, among others may be asked to testify as well. If they want to really get down to boogie, why not ask about the identity of Foreign National-1 (a foreign national Russian citizen and businessman who, at all relevant times, was not a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States.) per the charges in their campaign fraud scheme? That could open up all sorts of threads to untangle in front of errybody that even Lyin Ted would have trouble bloviating around.

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

While the Ukraine thing may be neutral on Biden overall (his numbers have been amazingly steady), you have to think Ernst basically telling Democrats that voting for Biden is a referendum on the impeachment will give him a mild bump.  It probably won't matter to anyone supporting a top five candidate, but for the undecideds and the supporters of the minor candidates, I could see it giving them a nudge. 

Yup. The entire GOP is worried about Biden. Because they see the numbers - the media polls and their internals. He will and can absolutely sweep Trump out of office and Mitch out of power with his coattails. 

• Like 1

If the revelations regarding Trump's taxes get released anytime soon, I think I could take a pet rock, paint it blue and it would send Trump out of office.  Some of the inanities regarding his defense are wearing thin even with independents. The voter suppression machine is going to kick into high gear soon what with nearing deadlines and such. Check your registration!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are they really using a Beverly Hills Cop reference?  Not sure their target demographic will absorb that one.

Their target audience are white boomers who want to think they are in synch with the African American community.  It's a perfect reference. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While we laugh at it there’s something a little different going on there as far a intimidating Bolton and Romney.  The message is simple, “Betray Dear Leader, and we will destroy you with our propaganda machines.  Just like we destroyed Comey.”

But Trump can't guarantee they'll get reelected either.  Congress critters he's backed have lost in recent elections. 

50 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yup. The entire GOP is worried about Biden. Because they see the numbers - the media polls and their internals. He will and can absolutely sweep Trump out of office and Mitch out of power with his coattails. 

Biden can also lose too because he’s a weak candidate still riding Obama’s coattails.  The GOP has the unique ability to move polls against a candidate they’re expecting, see also Hillary Clinton.  Biden doesn’t have much firepower to combat it.  I’m skeptical on his down ballot power too.  This is one race where the VP might make a big difference. 

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting data point.  I sat down next to an old, ignorant Trumper who somehow assumed that I might be a Trumper as well.

He was genuinely afraid Trump would be impeached.

8badmofo31 weighs in

Moderatorreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Nancy pissloser and adam $#@!t

should be charge with treason! Nancy's punishment should be clean up the streets of la and sf with her tongue and big mouth. $#@!t should be publicly hanged to see if his eyes could pop out any farther.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I went up a level to the topic list in the Cloak Room.  It reminds me of the "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" reveal in the Shining. 

I didn't go through them all, but is he the only person who has posted on any of the threads on the top page?  Because that is completely amazing/insane.

Just browsing on the three or so postings not by the lunatic last year.  This one gave me a sad:

1. 06-11-2019, 12:14 PM#1
    TxFig 
    dipshitreputation_neg.png reputation_neg.pngTxFig's Avatar

Arrow Where is "Worst-Sexual-Encounter-Thread-(in-MS-Paint)?

My buddy, username "Pabst" was the guy who wrote the Angry Dolphin part of that thread. He died about 6 years ago when he fell off a building trying to impress a date (yeah, I know). I was looking for the old thread to send to his dad (he would appreciate it).  

But it does not seem to have survived the migration to the new, more "respectable" site. Please, oh God PLEASE tell me it's saved somewhere?

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I didn't go through them all, but is he the only person who has posted on any of the threads on the top page?  Because that is completely amazing/insane.

pretty much, at least through 2019. looks like the last reply by anyone but him was wulaw in october 2018, who was bumping a year old thread. i think wulaw posted a few times, realized everyone was gone, and stopped.

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait . . . "Pabst" fell off a building?  Man, if ever there was a "user name checks out" moment, we're there.

The date is probably in counseling for the impression he made on them. 

*edit for gender neutral pronouns.

Edited by Mdhorn

Well yesterday as I listened to most of the attorneys I just thought over and over, it's damn hard to defend guilty people.  Ken Starr.... good sweet lord the endlessly pious man who actually did conduct a multi-year witch hunt, now has sadness over the thought of impeachment.  IF you get a chance you should hear Joe Scarborough's former Pensacola Florida Congressman (R) who hosts MSNBC's Morning Joe.  He just couldn't stop laughing and making fun of Starr, "didn't Ken Starr, remember he was Ken Starr?"

I wasn't really sure how bad it was? As I forgot to switch over to FOX and see the reaction during the first break, but I did switch over for the dinner break.  Apparently I was right. Fox put up about 5 minutes of analytical coverage before shifting over to a Kobe distraction segment.  So apparently Fox was also at a loss to figure out what the "highlights" were for the Trump Defense team.  I honestly thought the defense was sophomoric. I still do not at all understand the insistence that some hearsay evidence completely exonerates Trump, (said in a loud voice) and other hearsay evidence cannot be at all trusted because, it's hearsay evidence (said in a much louder voice).  The other parts of the spaghetti defense strategy were as follows.  Biden's very very bad, because our entire assumptions used to make this conclusion are lies and we know it. That it simply doesn't matter, nothing the President can do is impeachable. The first salvo being, Congress didn't have the right to subpoena anything from the administration regarding anything, ever, on any subject. With the final and most rich piece of Spaghetti being Trump defied the subpoenas because of a selfless act of a desire to protect the integrity of the Presidency for future Presidents.

Anyone see anything different from yesterday?  

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Well yesterday as I listened to most of the attorneys I just thought over and over, it's damn hard to defend guilty people.  Ken Starr.... good sweet lord the endlessly pious man who actually did conduct a multi-year witch hunt, now has sadness over the thought of impeachment.  IF you get a chance you should hear Joe Scarborough's former Pensacola Florida Congressman (R) who hosts MSNBC's Morning Joe.  He just couldn't stop laughing and making fun of Starr, "didn't Ken Starr, remember he was Ken Starr?"

I wasn't really sure how bad it was? As I forgot to switch over to FOX and see the reaction during the first break, but I did switch over for the dinner break.  Apparently I was right. Fox put up about 5 minutes of analytical coverage before shifting over to a Kobe distraction segment.  So apparently Fox was also at a los to figure out what the "highlights" were for the Trump Defense team.  I honestly thought the defense was sophomoric. I still do not at all understand the insistence that some hearsay evidence completely exonerates Trump, (said in a loud voice) and other hearsay evidence cannot be at all trusted because, it's hearsay evidence (said in a much louder voice).  The other parts of the spaghetti defense strategy were as follows.  Biden's very very bad, because our entire assumptions used to make this conclusion are lies and we know it. That it simply doesn't matter, nothing the President can do is impeachable. with the first salvo being, Congress didn't have the right to subpoena anything from the administration regarding anything, ever, on any subject. With the final and most rich piece of Spaghetti being Trump defied the subpoenas because of a selfless act of a desire to protect the integrity of the Presidency for future Presidents.

Anyone see anything different from yesterday?  

what i saw (though i did not really watch, because i cannot stand the disingenuous nature of their argument) is that nothing really matters. we have lev parnas taping the president saying "take her out" and it doesn't matter. we have bolton writing down firsthand accounts of trump telling him to withhold aid to ukraine until they say they will investigate the bidens, and it doesn't matter. what matters is that hunter biden sat on a board of a company called burisma that has ties to corrupt oligarchs in ukraine and russia. oh, and also, once biden (and obama), as a matter of official foreign policy (please note that this distinction does not matter to republicans) used aid to ouster a corrupt prosecutor that most of the free world (doesn't matter) also wanted out so that ukraine could mature into a less corrupt democracy. but none of that matters. what matters is that THE BIDENS.

that's the incredible part here. trump's defense is using his own fucking impeachment trial as the investigation into the bidens that he wasn't ukraine to announce! 

and it doesn't matter.

because the republicans, while some may solemnly furrow their brows (i'm looking at you susan collins and mitt romney) will acquit the president, allow this political shitshow to continue unabated, and allow the defense to grandstand about the bidens instead of trying to attack the facts of the house prosecution. 

and it doesn't matter.

because partisanship uber alles for the goddamn republicans.

• Like 4