The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Correct, nothing matters.

Vote for your progressive in the next presidential election, bitch.

(To which our response should be sure, and every non-GOP candidate running for every other office as well.)

i'm already there. the republican party is dead to me, and without a complete re imagining, i'll likely never vote for them again.

(also, there will be no complete re-imagining, they are corrupt to the fucking bone) 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm already there. the republican party is dead to me, and without a complete re imagining, i'll likely never vote for them again.

(also, there will be no complete re-imagining, they are corrupt to the fucking bone) 

This.  Fuck 'em.  Doesn't matter what office or race, that (R) next to your name means that you've chosen to stand against the Republic instead of with it.  So get fucked.   And they'll never get right with the lord.  So stay fucked.

• Like 7

I just wish the house team would just keep pounding the fact that Hunter joined the Burisma board in 2014, and Trump didn't feel the need to root out corruption until 2019.  If Hunter and Burisma was so important, why didn't you raise the issue for 3 years?  Have every senator ask why the WH didn't think investigating the Ukraine was important before 2019.  Why didn't they withhold money and investigate prior to Zolensky being in charge, since the previous regime was considered super corrupt.  Beat it into the minds of anyone watching that the timeline just blows their entire case up.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I just wish the house team would just keep pounding the fact that Hunter joined the Burisma board in 2014, and Trump didn't feel the need to root out corruption until 2019.  If Hunter and Burisma was so important, why didn't you raise the issue for 3 years?  Have every senator ask why the WH didn't think investigating the Ukraine was important before 2019.  Why didn't they withhold money and investigate prior to Zolensky being in charge, since the previous regime was considered super corrupt.  Beat it into the minds of anyone watching that the timeline just blows their entire case up.  

I would also keep mentioning that Senator Johnson (R-WI) and Senator Portman (R-OH) also pushed for reform in the Prosecutor General office in 2016. And now they are parroting that Biden's actions to remove the PG was corrupt.  Portman still has the press release on it on his website

Succeeding in these reforms will show Russian President Vladimir Putin that an independent, transparent, and democratic Ukraine can and will succeed. It also offers a stark alternative to the authoritarianism and oligarchic cronyism prevalent in Russia. As such, we respectfully ask that you address the serious concerns raised by Minister Abromaviius‎. We similarly urge you to press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary. The unanimous adoption by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Basic Principles and Action Plan is a good step.

• Like 1

Donald defenders, we have a new target! 

John Kelly, who served as Trump’s chief of staff from July 2017 through January 2019, suggested Monday that he’d take Bolton’s word over that of his former boss.

Kelly was asked about Bolton’s claim in a yet-to-be-released book that Trump had told him he wanted to make aid to Ukraine contingent on an investigation into the Bidens.

“If John Bolton says that in a book, I believe John Bolton,” Kelly said, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

Trump has vigorously denied Bolton’s account.

Kelly, speaking in Sarasota as part of a 2020 lecture series, also said he supports more witness testimony in the Senate trial, which Trump and most Republicans have rejected.

“I think some of the conversations seem to me to be very inappropriate but I wasn’t there,” Kelly said. “But there are people that were there that ought to be heard from.”

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett
Cholas 4 life

39 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I get the instinct to hedge against the complete "never again," but let's assume the Republican party really did suffer such an enormous string of electoral defeats that whatever members remained actually realized they had to substantively reform their entire ideology and supporting institutions if they ever wanted to be politically relevant again. Why, in that scenario, would anyone that more moderate people might consider reasonable and worth voting for still call themselves Republican? It'd be like someone trying to revive Enron today.

For the Republican party to ever reach the point where they would know they have to seriously reform, the name would have to be so damaged that it'd make more sense to just start a new party. At that point, anyone who was seemingly sane but still willing to call themselves a Republican would be too stupid to trust to park your car, much less wield actual political power.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

Go suck the ass end of a diesel truck, bitch. 
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1221948034004799488?s=21

At an event on Tuesday in Muscatine, Mr. Biden quoted Ms. Ernst’s comments.

“She spilled the beans,” Mr. Biden told the crowd. “She just came out and flat said it. You know, the whole impeachment trial for Trump is just a political hit job to try to smear me, because he is scared to death to run against me, and he has good reason to be concerned.”

He added: “You Iowa caucusgoers have a chance for a twofer here. You can ruin Donald Trump’s night by caucusing for me, and you can ruin Joni Ernst’s night as well.”

spacer.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

At an event on Tuesday in Muscatine, Mr. Biden quoted Ms. Ernst’s comments.

“She spilled the beans,” Mr. Biden told the crowd. “She just came out and flat said it. You know, the whole impeachment trial for Trump is just a political hit job to try to smear me, because he is scared to death to run against me, and he has good reason to be concerned.”

He added: “You Iowa caucusgoers have a chance for a twofer here. You can ruin Donald Trump’s night by caucusing for me, and you can ruin Joni Ernst’s night as well.”

spacer.png

You know--it's really not a bad pitch.

4 minutes ago, heso said:

Defense ends their portion. 

Questions begin tomorrow for 8 hours then Thursday for 8 hours. 

questions in writing, alternating between parties. 

5 minute time limit on answers to questions. 

How do the questions work?  Do they pull them out of a hat on pieces of paper?  Are they anonymous?

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

How do the questions work?  Do they pull them out of a hat on pieces of paper?  Are they anonymous?

I don’t know, I think one side submits one question, then after the answer the other side submits a question. I don’t expect there to be any specific attribution, just that it would be coming from the dems or the gop

BOOM- 75% want witnesses https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3654 and Fox news is sort of floundering to grasp for reasoning to be able to justify not having witnesses.The rock and the hard place just grew larger and harder and a hell of a lot closer from a time perspective.

I guess my assumption is that Americans maybe do still have a sense of fairness. So it's walk the plank or get the facts. The facts of course are damning. No good numbers in the poll for Trump. This is the question I think currently reflects a number if the vote were held today.  

On week two of the Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, registered voters say 75 - 20 percent that witnesses should be allowed to testify in the impeachment trial, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN- uh-pea-ack) University national poll released today. Support for witness testimony includes 49 percent of Republicans, 95 percent of Democrats, and 75 percent of independents.

A majority of voters, 57 percent, say they would like President Trump to provide more details about his actions involving Ukraine, while 38 percent say they are satisfied with the explanation he has provided.

After seeing what you have seen thus far I think 38% is the hard support number currently for the GOP.  So what is a principle-less whore GOP Senator to do? IF the news was Good Fox would not move so quickly to Coronavirus coverage, you know that!

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

the best and brightest minds of today's Republican party

Across many black communities they are seen as the face of the burgeoning class of coon capitalIsts. Many of the white people who give them money have no idea they were advocating for BLM before realizing buck dancing for Trump paid better.

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

EPVArVDWsAIYUYB?format=png&name=small

Mr. Bolton, welcome to the resistance. 

Lou dobbs (who looks like complete shit by the way) is now calling John fucking Bolton a libtard dem. Adolf Hitler looking up from hell thinks the Republican Party has swung too far to the right. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, horn4life said:

BOOM- 75% want witnesses https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3654 and Fox news is sort of floundering to grasp for reasoning to be able to justify not having witnesses.The rock and the hard place just grew larger and harder and a hell of a lot closer from a time perspective.

I guess my assumption is that Americans maybe do still have a sense of fairness. So it's walk the plank or get the facts. The facts of course are damning. No good numbers in the poll for Trump. This is the question I think currently reflects a number if the vote were held today.  

After seeing what you have seen thus far I think 38% is the hard support number currently for the GOP.  So what is a principle-less whore GOP Senator to do? IF the news was Good Fox would not move so quickly to Coronavirus coverage, you know that!

I guess the 13% of Americans who are satisfied with Trump's explanation but want to hear from witnesses want to hear from the Bidens and are too stupid to get that the GOP needs to rush the proceedings?

41 minutes ago, horn4life said:

without knowing exactly how this poll was worded, i'm part of the 38%.  i'm satisfied with trump's explanation.  satisfied as in i don't need to hear anymore, i already have a firm grasp of exactly what happened.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Hope that translates to votes this fall.

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

All of them understand this. Literally every single one. Nobody believes Donald Trump gives a single fuck about corruption or self dealing involving children of prominent political figures 

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

Well yesterday as I listened to most of the attorneys I just thought over and over, it's damn hard to defend guilty people.  Ken Starr.... good sweet lord the endlessly pious man who actually did conduct a multi-year witch hunt, now has sadness over the thought of impeachment.  IF you get a chance you should hear Joe Scarborough's former Pensacola Florida Congressman (R) who hosts MSNBC's Morning Joe.  He just couldn't stop laughing and making fun of Starr, "didn't Ken Starr, remember he was Ken Starr?"

I wasn't really sure how bad it was? As I forgot to switch over to FOX and see the reaction during the first break, but I did switch over for the dinner break.  Apparently I was right. Fox put up about 5 minutes of analytical coverage before shifting over to a Kobe distraction segment.  So apparently Fox was also at a loss to figure out what the "highlights" were for the Trump Defense team.  I honestly thought the defense was sophomoric. I still do not at all understand the insistence that some hearsay evidence completely exonerates Trump, (said in a loud voice) and other hearsay evidence cannot be at all trusted because, it's hearsay evidence (said in a much louder voice).  The other parts of the spaghetti defense strategy were as follows.  Biden's very very bad, because our entire assumptions used to make this conclusion are lies and we know it. That it simply doesn't matter, nothing the President can do is impeachable. The first salvo being, Congress didn't have the right to subpoena anything from the administration regarding anything, ever, on any subject. With the final and most rich piece of Spaghetti being Trump defied the subpoenas because of a selfless act of a desire to protect the integrity of the Presidency for future Presidents.

Anyone see anything different from yesterday?  

it's essentially one big disingenuous hedge.

He didn't do it...but if he did, it wasn't wrong.

We don't know if you will be able to completely keep you from finding out the truth, but if you some how manage to... trust us on this, there was nothing criminal or impeachable.

i didn't see all of Jay Sekulow's summation, but this was literally his argument.

Edited by yoladu