The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

SIAP

and Gov. Abbot will speak against tort reform and in favor of damage limits..

oh..wait..he already did

Abbot has received roughly $7 million from his accident

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2

A part of me would just like this whole thing to be over. Everyone knows Trump and his group are crooks and liars. The fact that so many people don’t care about it bothers the hell out of me. But it won’t change one thing. And people have a short attention span. Trump has been getting away with so much for so long that the public have become numb and zombies. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

EPVArVDWsAIYUYB?format=png&name=small

Mr. Bolton, welcome to the resistance. 

Serious question. Why is Lou Dobbs on Fox Business? Can't they fit him in with the rest of the propagandists on the evening shows? I usually have CNBC on in the office, so not sure how Fox Business works, but figured since it's a business network they would have some level of reality. 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They’d only be upset if the victim wasn’t a Democrat 

They wouldn't care. Look at how they turned on Bolton.  And McCain. There are literally zero people ahead of Trump in the new GOP pecking order.  Trump could kill W on 5th Ave and Fox wouldn't even say RIP W.  They'd instead skewer his record and call him a dirty lib who deserved it.  Trump could even dig Reagan up, reanimate him, and shoot him, and they'd say the same thing. 

• Like 4

Cornyn's seeming bland idiocy reflects the blackly sinister become banal.

He tosses out the sophistry without even the effort of trying to make it appear logically convincing. The president's team has been hammering that sort of thing home for days now. Straw man arguments, invective against the House managers, and odd ball diversions into the irrelevant aren't getting laughed out of the room. 

How guilty must the entire GOP be that this is the best that they can do and they choose to do it? I will say anything that may help me as I try to cover up a massive criminal operation, and a huge number of voters will buy it. If that makes me a lying piece of shit, so be it; at least I'll still be in office and the enterprise will continue.

How naive are we who believe that most men want to be known for having some level of integrity? Some iota of honesty? Some whisper of a sense of duty?

I would have a long gallows if I couldn't manage to get enough iron cages for these traitors. I don't even write with a great feeling of passion. I'm as bland as Cornyn in my anger. Just round them up and punish them as they deserve. I'll nod and return to an ordinary life with maybe a scintilla of hope that the republic can right itself.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

How guilty must the entire GOP be that this is the best that they can do and they choose to do it? I will say anything that may help me as I try to cover up a massive criminal operation, and a huge number of voters will buy it. If that makes me a lying piece of shit, so be it; at least I'll still be in office and the enterprise will continue.

the gop is purely transactional now.  from the top down.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They wouldn't care. Look at how they turned on Bolton.  And McCain. There are literally zero people ahead of Trump in the new GOP pecking order.  Trump could kill W on 5th Ave and Fox wouldn't even say RIP W.  They'd instead skewer his record and call him a dirty lib who deserved it.  Trump could even dig Reagan up, reanimate him, and shoot him, and they'd say the same thing. 

He saved us from Zombie Reagan.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Cornyn's seeming bland idiocy reflects the blackly sinister become banal.

He tosses out the sophistry without even the effort of trying to make it appear logically convincing. The president's team has been hammering that sort of thing home for days now. Straw man arguments, invective against the House managers, and odd ball diversions into the irrelevant aren't getting laughed out of the room. 

How naive are we who believe that most men want to be known for having some level of integrity? Some iota of honesty? Some whisper of a sense of duty?

I would have a long gallows if I couldn't manage to get enough iron cages for these traitors. I don't even write with a great feeling of passion. I'm as bland as Cornyn in my anger. Just round them up and punish them as they deserve. I'll nod and return to an ordinary life with maybe a scintilla of hope that the republic can right itself.

It's a full on mafia operation. The whole thing operates like consensual blackmail with a threat of retaliatory violence thrown in.  Maybe you start as the guy who has a friend in the mob and he asked you to leave the door unlocked at work for a couple hundred bucks. You didn't expect they would kill someone in there that night. But now you're complicit in that murder, so the next time you go in a little further for a little more money. The next time even further. 

Trump is all in and has been for a long time. Some of the GOP is all in too.  The rest are compromised by groups that are compromised themselves like the NRA. Either way, they all ended up with something to hide, and they are all willing to cover up Trump's treason for it.  Really though, every single one of them needs to go to jail. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 8

It's ironic that one of the most loathsome Republicans in our lifetime (Bolton) is going to bring this to a head and he'll be questioned by an equally loathsome Republican (Starr).

Literally, Ken Starr will be questioning John Bolton in an impeachment trial for Donald J Trump.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pasken said:

anyone know how the question days will work?

I’ve been out most of the day, but I thought it was 2 days, 8 hours per day. Alternating questions by maj/min with answers kept to about 5 minutes or maybe that was each question limited to about 5 minutes. 

Serious question. Why is Lou Dobbs on Fox Business? Can't they fit him in with the rest of the propagandists on the evening shows? I usually have CNBC on in the office, so not sure how Fox Business works, but figured since it's a business network they would have some level of reality. 

I still think it’s funny they put him under a lower resolution filter to keep him from looking like Al Davis before he died.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's ironic that one of the most loathsome Republicans in our lifetime (Bolton) is going to bring this to a head and he'll be questioned by an equally loathsome Republican (Starr).

Literally, Ken Starr will be questioning John Bolton in an impeachment trial for Donald J Trump.

His economic, social, and foreign policy ideals are not only loathsome, but wrong and damaging.  Still he truly believes in them because he's an ideologue.  I will give him credit where it's due. He stuck by those ideals.  He didn't cover them up or lie to the people.  And he also wasn't willing to commit treason to achieve those ideals.  I would have a beer with Bolton.  At least he truly cares about something even if he cares about the wrong things and also has wrongheaded plans that won't even achieve his goals.  The rest of the GOP are just opportunistic snakes.  Devoid of any true beliefs, ideals, or goals. 

• Like 2

I heard one defense argument yesterday that I agree with and I called it out before the articles of impeachment were drafted.

The articles should have called out specific crimes and not the general "Abuse of Power" and Obstruction of Justice.

Abuse of power should have been broken up into:

• Soliciting foreign interference in presidential election
  • Extortion or Bribery
  • Violation of the Impoundment Act in conjunction with Extortion
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I heard one defense argument yesterday that I agree with and I called it out before the articles of impeachment were drafted.

The articles should have called out specific crimes and not the general "Abuse of Power" and Obstruction of Justice.

Abuse of power should have been broken up into:

• Soliciting foreign interference in presidential election
  • Extortion or Bribery
  • Violation of the Impoundment Act in conjunction with Extortion

The article for Obstruction of Congress is understandable.  Without every single key testimony and document being withheld, House could tee some of those up.  And now we're possibly about to get a keystone witness.  The House presenting the two clean and tight articles allows them to let the Senate/WH lay out it's defense.  Nothing stopping House from observing what they do, making adjustments and bringing in more articles while flipping their current defense in their face.

I think Senate right now knows the torrent or revelations won't be stemmed regardless of what they do.  So their commitment to being the outer ring of the cover-up is starting to disintegrate.

30 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

His economic, social, and foreign policy ideals are not only loathsome, but wrong and damaging.  Still he truly believes in them because he's an ideologue.  I will give him credit where it's due. He stuck by those ideals.  He didn't cover them up or lie to the people.  And he also wasn't willing to commit treason to achieve those ideals.  I would have a beer with Bolton.  At least he truly cares about something even if he cares about the wrong things and also has wrongheaded plans that won't even achieve his goals.  The rest of the GOP are just opportunistic snakes.  Devoid of any true beliefs, ideals, or goals. 

Lets not start sucking Bolton's dick just yet.  I want to hear his testimony first.

• Like 3