The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

If a democrat wins in November, their acceptance speech should thank Moscow Mitch for giving them unlimited power. They should turn call up the president of Azerbaijan (in the middle of their inauguration speech) and ask how they intend to investigate the corruption associated to the trump tower Baku (very shady deal with a ton of Iran ties). Your country is now blacklisted until corruption is rooted out. Then high five Moscow Mitch. 

• Like 1

AOC and her gang need to be spanked for pushing this whole agenda. It made zero sense to impeach when the senate was stacked against the Dems.

the smart move was to have this hang over IMpotus’s head until It exploded in his face and/or IMpotus keeps admitting to crimes. 

i volunteer to spank AOC 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s past time for all the living former President’s to get together and have a press conference and let the country know that this shit isn’t normal. Would it matter? Of course not because nothing does. I’d like to see it for nothing else than the trump twitter meltdown though. 

Lol. Right. It’s a stupid idea on its face because none of those guys would wanna go up and act like they never did anything this bad. Puhleeze

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

What the Republican revealed today is that -- regardless of Mueller's findings -- they would've exonerated him.

I don't agree with this.

If Mueller would have established credibility of some of the core allegations of the Steele Dossier (itself a form of foreign election interference run through domestic political screens acceptable to polite political society), I believe that the Republican controlled Senate would have had no viable choice other than removal from office. Those core allegations related to a well-developed conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, for example involving the funding and coordination of hacking operations by the Trump campaign, working under direct control of the Kremlin.  That was of course total fucking bullshit, sourced from a foreign intelligence operative funded by a domestic party running a game of telephone from a source network peddling bullshit. But it served as a key input influencing the direction and action of the investigation that ultimately evolved into the Mueller investigation.  If that shit would have been proved up by Mueller, Trump would have been removed from office via super majority in the Senate. As it turns out, the Mueller findings were more of a soft whimper when measured against that standard. Not because they were not damning and sufficient to necessitate removal.  But because the expectations had been built up by a lot of paint huffing across a variety of media modes.

Today's actions don't reveal anything about a blanket exoneration. If anything, they reveal the damage that unchecked conspiracy mongering plays.  

1 hour ago, staboner said:

I hope the military steps in at some point and kicks every last one of these assholes out of all branches.

Chill my no nuke friday friend. A military coup would definitively end the Republic immediately. The Republic will survive Trump, with fairly the same prognosis as it had prior to Trump. The turns of the political death spiral have tightened, no doubt. But the ultimate end result has been fairly well established, without regard to anything that happened today in the Senate. We'll be able to kick the can down the road a bit yet. A military coup brings the walls down immediately. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Chill my no nuke friday friend. A military coup would definitively end the Republic immediately. The Republic will survive Trump, with fairly the same prognosis as it had prior to Trump. The turns of the political death spiral have tightened, no doubt. But the ultimate end result has been fairly well established, without regard to anything that happened today in the Senate. We'll be able to kick the can down the road a bit yet. A military coup brings the walls down immediately. 

there is no mechanism I can see that returns order and principle to the federal government. And there isn't a population that knows/can demand it. Show me on the doll how that can happen? 

This is a massive accelerator further downhill today. I mean we knew it, but you know, its still pretty fucking infuriating

I figure just get it over with. 

You trust any senator, anyone in the GOP, a hapless dickless democrat or the seven deadly sins POTUS? You trust them more than the military apparatus at all? I'll take the later thanks. And I am a bleeding heart libtard who "hates" the military. But I know a failed enterprise when I see one. And I know spineless lizards when I see them too. 

have a good no nuke friday my man

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't agree with this.

If Mueller would have established credibility of some of the core allegations of the Steele Dossier (itself a form of foreign election interference run through domestic political screens acceptable to polite political society), I believe that the Republican controlled Senate would have had no viable choice other than removal from office. Those core allegations related to a well-developed conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, for example involving the funding and coordination of hacking operations by the Trump campaign, working under direct control of the Kremlin.  That was of course total fucking bullshit, sourced from a foreign intelligence operative funded by a domestic party running a game of telephone from a source network peddling bullshit. But it served as a key input influencing the direction and action of the investigation that ultimately evolved into the Mueller investigation.  If that shit would have been proved up by Mueller, Trump would have been removed from office via super majority in the Senate. As it turns out, the Mueller findings were more of a soft whimper when measured against that standard. Not because they were not damning and sufficient to necessitate removal.  But because the expectations had been built up by a lot of paint huffing across a variety of media modes.

Today's actions don't reveal anything about a blanket exoneration. If anything, they reveal the damage that unchecked conspiracy mongering plays.  

You have got to be kidding with this bullshit. The republican led senate wouldn’t vote to remove  trump if he gangbanged you and a 14 year old girl and her 12 year old brother on the Lincoln Memorial. 

They said as much today. Did you miss that part? It wouldn’t “arise” to an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.

Normally you are supposed to act smarter than this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

You have got to be kidding with this bullshit. The republican led senate wouldn’t vote to remove  trump if he gangbanged you and a 14 year old girl and her 12 year old brother on the Lincoln Memorial. 

They said as much today. Did you miss that part? It wouldn’t “arise” to an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.

Normally you are supposed to act smarter than this. 

Well, to be fair, they woudn't if DoTaRd thought raping children was in the best interest of the county.

26 minutes ago, texanbychoice said:

Yea, the dems seem super organized these days.

Actually they are more organized and active than they have been for the past several decades.  At least here in Texas.  The Beto race woke up a lot of people who didn't think their votes counted.  The state party is working to train everyone on canvassing and telephone banking.  More emphasis has been placed on local and county services.   A lot more.  

We have been and will continue to deal with a two headed snake.  Trump is one head, and McConnell and his corrupt buddies are the other.   We might not be able to unseat trump due to the EC, but we can flip senate seats if we can get the vote out.  There are a lot of things planned to get out that vote, starting with getting eligible people signed up for Vote by Mail, then encouraging people to turn out for the primaries.  Then another round for the general election.  

While our presidential candidates bicker,  we should be getting behind solid candidates for all the other seats and supporting them.  Turn out Cornyn, Pete Sessions, Kevin Brady.  Do the same here in state.  We need to flip 9 seats and 22 are definitely in play.  We also need to hold the last 12 we flipped.   

There is more to our government that Trump.  Beto nearly toppled Cruz, but even in defeat he showed it's possible.  

Yeah, they as a whole are more organized and energized.  Look around, check facebook, check your county election office and find out who's your county chair.  Reach out to them and see if you can contribute.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If they had done that, you would have criticized them for dragging the process out in an election year you disingenuous fuck.

Of course - Republicans are fundamentally dishonest.  They uniformly worship a pathological liar.  Trump doesn’t have the support of 99% of Republicans in spite of his complete dishonesty, he has it precisely because of it.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, staboner said:

there is no mechanism I can see that returns order and principle to the federal government. And there isn't a population that knows/can demand it. Show me on the doll how that can happen? 

This is a massive accelerator further downhill today. I mean we knew it, but you know, its still pretty fucking infuriating

I figure just get it over with. 

You trust any senator, anyone in the GOP, a hapless dickless democrat or the seven deadly sins POTUS? You trust them more than the military apparatus at all? I'll take the later thanks. And I am a bleeding heart libtard who "hates" the military. But I know a failed enterprise when I see one. And I know spineless lizards when I see them too. 

have a good no nuke friday my man

Military coup? Some of y’all really need to relax. This is just getting stupid. 

23 minutes ago, staboner said:

You trust any senator, anyone in the GOP, a hapless dickless democrat or the seven deadly sins POTUS? You trust them more than the military apparatus at all? I'll take the later thanks.

Man, I hate to think that those are our only options.  If those are the only options, give me a dickless democrats and mouthbreathing GOP everyday over a military coup. Frankly, I'd rather see them all guillotined and start from scratch.  Start with the Republicans, and go from there.  I think things are trending that direction, scuttling first the GOP. But military coup is right out. 

Edited by Anastasis

Great Job Lindsay---- congressional oversight to begin immediately! (only over Democrats not in office and especially if there's a candidate attached to a factually baseless allegation we can spread)

No oversight over the executive who sells out the country in broad daylight. Nope. All good.

Still can't wrap my mind around how the obviousness of the corrupt bullshit double standard doesn't get through even to the credulous boomer rubes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nope. 

Ok. Why don’t you articulate a situation where the republican led senate would remove donald trump as the president. I’d love to hear what scenario that would be. 

The truth is they know he’s got them by the balls because they let it happen. He could walk into your house and shoot you in the face, killing you, and then go on to murder your entire family, and Fox News would say the video of it happening was altered and didn’t actually happen. 

And you know that to be true. 

1 minute ago, zork said:

Thank you for telling us what we already know. Square that with what we know Bolton knows and is willing to testify to. You don’t want to hear it. Because it hurts Demi god trump. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Welp.  It only gets worse from here.  Enjoy!

Yup... Because now they have to (continue to) do whatever it takes to keep power, knowing that if both houses flip (and/or the White House), all of these secrets will be put on blast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I don't agree with this.

I don't agree with this.

What you're describing is going down the rabbit whole of the dossier.

Let's instead focus on the findings of the Mueller investigation which found that Trump solicited assistance from the Kremlin/oligarchs, received their help, and used it to win an election. All the facts of those points have been very clearly laid out. Not only were they proven, the Mueller report demonstrated that Trump also obstructed the investigation multiple times in determining those findings.

That's the heart of the issue. Trump asked for foreign help and used that help to win a domestic election. Those are incontrovertible facts; they happened.

This is precisely what he attempted to do for this upcoming election. Try as anyone might to distract from those very simple ponts, that's exactly what the whole Biden/Ukraine thing is about. I understand you might not like it, but it happened.

• Like 1

Just now, bolverk said:

I don't agree with this.

What you're describing is going down the rabbit whole of the dossier.

Let's instead focus on the findings of the Mueller investigation which found that Trump solicited assistance from the Kremlin/oligarchs, received their help, and used it to win an election. All the facts of those points have been very clearly laid out. Not only were they proven, the Mueller report demonstrated that Trump also obstructed the investigation multiple times in determining those findings.

That's the heart of the issue. Trump asked for foreign help and used that help to win a domestic election. Those are incontrovertible facts; they happened.

This is precisely what he attempted to do for this upcoming election. Try as anyone might to distract from those very simple ponts, that's exactly what the whole Biden/Ukraine thing is about. I understand you might not like it, but it happened.

You said: "What the Republican revealed today is that -- regardless of Mueller's findings -- they would've exonerated him."

I provided a very specific example of findings that I believe would have resulted in removal from office.  That example was based on the very specific allegations that were directly related to the trajectory of the investigation that evolved into the Mueller investigation. 

The obstruction findings of Mueller are clear cut.  The well developed international conspiracy not so much. The former results in a soft whimper when measured against the expectations created by the latter.  It is funny that you call my perspective a distraction, when the opposite is in fact the truth.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You said: "What the Republican revealed today is that -- regardless of Mueller's findings -- they would've exonerated him."

I provided a very specific example of findings that I believe would have resulted in removal from office.  That example was based on the very specific allegations that were directly related to the trajectory of the investigation that evolved into the Mueller investigation. 

The obstruction findings of Mueller are clear cut.  The well developed international conspiracy not so much. The former results in a soft whimper when measured against the expectations created by the latter.  It is funny that you call my perspective a distraction, when the opposite is in fact the truth.

The international conspiracy is well established by both instances. Trump asked for help in both. That, in and of itself, is a crime.

We obviously have differing opinions, but we've heard from both Rubio and Alexander today that they don't believe the severity of it reaches the standard for removal. They're both on record with saying they're okay with foreign influence in the Ukraine situation.

I'm simply extrapolating their opinion to voice my own that their admission would've also applied to the 2016 election on account that the underlying facts are the same.

You disagree and that's okay.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You really think that would have moved the Republican base?

• Like 1

The obstruction findings of Mueller are clear cut. 

Yes you did provide an example. Trump’s obstruction there wasn’t any more egregious than his blanket obstruction of Congress here.

So while you are entitled to believe the results would have been different, I don’t think they would have.

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Yes you did provide an example. Trump’s obstruction there wasn’t any more egregious than his blanket obstruction of Congress here.

So while you are entitled to believe the results would have been different, I don’t think they would have.

Obstruction charged were never going to be enough to effect removal from office. Especially after the bar had been set at right out treason. You guys know this.  

Obstruction charged were never going to be enough to effect removal from office. Especially after the bar had been set at right out treason. You guys know this.  

I’ve known that nothing would be enough, from the beginning. Because the dynamic is one of a party held hostage by their own misconduct. They have no choice but to be all-in. They can’t betray him - it would be fatal.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Man, I hate to think that those are our only options.  If those are the only options, give me a dickless democrats and mouthbreathing GOP everyday over a military coup. Frankly, I'd rather see them all guillotined and start from scratch.  Start with the Republicans, and go from there.  I think things are trending that direction, scuttling first the GOP. But military coup is right out. 

i don't want it either man, i am just looking at the future as it see happening in front of me.

to hope otherwise is cool too, don't get me wrong. i'll hop on that train and be happy regardless so long as i ain't nuked.

just panicking outside the box man. really, explore the space. shit maybe i can just have like McRaven pop up to the front and bitchslap roberts. i mean, don't we all want that? well except Tahoe of course, but you know with teh mic boom dialed up a notch. MNF style. WHACK MOTHERFUCKER!

and then magically the government starts to work again. voila bitches. so you see it doesn't have to be a real coup. and no, i'm not high. i just ate some really good homemade fried chicken though