The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

14 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes now lie = exaggeration ? $2,500 for every family is not an exaggeration it was wrong, and he shouldn't have been touting something with that economic affect on millions of families if it wasn't known to be true, he made it dozens of times on the campaign trail. Jesus, is honesty like holy water to you ?  The man lied.  END OF STORY.

Lets really blow your mind , google his speech about stopping, arresting, and immediately returning illegals at the border.. no wai he did that right ?

Who pays for tariffs again? China right?

And the wall? That's Mexico?

On 2/8/2020 at 12:47 AM, Grade of D as in David said:

Who pays for tariffs again? China right?

And the wall? That's Mexico?

And yet another yeah but but but........  It doesn't excuse Trumps lies (bolded, but you'll ignore my agreement), but the complete, and utter denial that Mr. Obama lied (multiple times) on his own campaign trail, and in office is now being called "exaggeration" is a perfect example of the hypocrisy, and selective outrage exhibited here daily.  

EDIT:  Of course you did Tom, honesty, and self reflection isn't real high on your totem pole.

Of course truth pisses you off Dirk Dick......

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You mean other than Jamal Khashoggi?

Yes, not to diminish the connections between this Administration and his murder nor that he was an American, but events that occur in the US and US soil. Perhaps I should reconsider that though? Russia goes after critics that flee to countries that have a more open society, perhaps America will be likewise. If Trump tries to beat Putin's number, it's going to be ugly.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And yet another yeah but but but........  It doesn't excuse Trumps lies (bolded, but you'll ignore my agreement), but the complete, and utter denial that Mr. Obama lied (multiple times) on his own campaign trail, and in office is now being called "exaggeration" is a perfect example of the hypocrisy, and selective outrage exhibited here daily.  

EDIT:  Of course you did Tom, honesty, and self reflection isn't real high on your totem pole.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

You forget that the goalposts have been moved to the "it happened, but it's fine" stage of this shitshow.

Well if we're not going to take away the Astros and Red Sox World Series wins (and Altuve's MVP), why would we remove our president?

On 1/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, washparkhorn said:

I would be worried about the Bolton Trap. 

Get the trial done. If there needs to be another investigation, so be it. But don't go in blind with Bolton. Know what he is going to say - if you rely on him at all. I wouldn't after the mess he and his neocon friends sold the country on with the war with Iraq. He is not a friend of Democrats in the Senate based on his past conflict with them. 

Never trust Neocons - never. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Never trust Neocons - never.

His predecessor's comment from the article:

“It’s inconceivable to me that if I had firsthand knowledge of a gross abuse of presidential power, that I would withhold my testimony,” Rice said. “I would feel like I was shamefully violating my oath that I took to support and defend the Constitution.”

Bolton has no shame and no guilt because his conscience is flawed.

His comment regarding having a student deferment followed by his joining the Maryland Air National Guard to avoid the draft: "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost....Looking back, I am not terribly proud of this calculation..."

Words are cheap Mr. Bolton. Actions speak a lot louder. Your actions are cowardly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That puff piece does not say what the headline claims it does.

It really doesn't. 

At one time, the Federalist Society was a nice counterbalance to liberalism in academia.

Like most things "conservative," it has gone completely off the rails.

There is one nugget of main truth there:

“People can argue about what I should have said and what I should have done,” Bolton said at Vanderbilt University Wednesday night during a forum with his predecessor Susan Rice, according to ABC News. “I will bet you a dollar right here and now my testimony would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome.”

Well, yes, there wouldn't have been enough Republican senators to get to removal even with footage of Trump murdering Adam Schiff, so yes, I'd say that's true.

What's really stupid about that comment is that Bolton thinks it says something to bet a dollar (big gambler, that Bolton) on something that could never be proven.

And it would have given GOP Senators time to start breaking down Bolton's credibility (more aggressively than Trump), disproving his testimony/book, and generally sending the dogs after Bolton.  As it stands, other than his little leak last week, he's been relatively off the radar to all but the most ardent watchers of all this.  Trump also fell into Bolton's next trap by announcing he would block the book's publishing because it was all classified materials.  But Trump earlier claimed it was all lies.  And the Senate was ready to pounce on Bolton as lying under oath, not disseminating classified information at a public trial. 

We know this because the former DNI head had indicated he supplied the pertinent information to the appropriate members of Congress so that if Bolton were to say something that conflicted with that, they would know it was a lie.  And if he testified to that same effect, they could marry that with their DNI provided intel and see what Bolton was telling the truth.  They would have verifiable information to legitimize/delegitimize Bolton, not just a manuscript of a book.  Of course, we know now the DNI head was fired because he did this.  But his report to Congressional members is still in their hands.  And any one of them can hold it up alongside Bolton's manuscript once Bolton comes out of the woodwork to address the public, or still be called before a House committee.  And with that, they can see what's true and what's untrue.  The GOP Senate will still say the DNI report was bullshit, and hence-Bolton's book is bullshit.  But it would beg the question---and some sacrificial Republican Senator is gonna have to answer it, "The DNI report was prepared for Congress long after Bolton left the White House.  It's literally impossible that the report matches up perfectly with Bolton's story of what happened and when.  How do you explain these two versions synch up and show what the President did?"  

And then yeah, afterwards...Trump supporters will say the DNI leaked it to John Bolton and his publishers so he could make a book (maybe a movie) out of it.  Here we are again...