The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

I guess I don't get the bombshell nature of these tapes.  I get the importance of the brand new question regarding Ukraine and aid as being part of the motive for the quid pro quo, but we already knew that.   I just don't understand how wanting to get rid of the ambassador a year prior does much.  

6 minutes ago, deech said:

I guess I don't get the bombshell nature of these tapes.  I get the importance of the brand new question regarding Ukraine and aid as being part of the motive for the quid pro quo, but we already knew that.   I just don't understand how wanting to get rid of the ambassador a year prior does much.  

What's bizarre about it, at least, is how much Trump seemed to talk about it.  Why the fuck didn't he just recall her?

It's like Comey.  Fire the fucker, that's your prerogative, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.  Don't noodle around, don't talk about it, don't ask for loyalty, just fire the fucker.  Sweet baby Jesus.

The guy is such a dumbfuck he can't seem to suss what the President can actually do versus what Teh Donald's little fucking pea brain wants him to do, so he just runs roughshod over everything.  Fucking up simple presidential prerogatives and doing unlawful and criminal things by following his own little squirming brain.

But, ultimately, you are right.  It doesn't seem to add much except corroboration.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

What's bizarre about it, at least, is how much Trump seemed to talk about it.  Why the fuck didn't he just recall her?

It's like Comey.  Fire the fucker, that's your prerogative, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.  Don't noodle around, don't talk about it, don't ask for loyalty, just fire the fucker.  Sweet baby Jesus.

The guy is such a dumbfuck he can't seem to suss what the President can actually do versus what Teh Donald's little fucking pea brain wants him to do, so he just runs roughshod over everything.  Fucking up simple presidential prerogatives and doing unlawful and criminal things by following his own little squirming brain.

all of this along with the previous messages of her being watched in Ukraine and having to be told to get on the first plane out of there not by our own country but by Ukraine. Ukraine cared more about her safety than the US.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

I agree that these aren't bombshell tapes in a Trump presidency. He's made so many reckless statements that using ambiguous mob-speak to organized crime thugs directing her removal doesn't move the needle. 

What the tapes do is indisputably and directly tie Trump to Parnas and the Ukraine scheme, and underpinnings of his ongoing impeachment.  He’s obviously lying his ass off about it.  His lying about it is now indisputable.  Parnas is a mobster under indictment and is tied to a lot of cash funneled into GOP coffers.  God only knows what oligarch mobster is his boss, and how disposable Trump is to them in the big picture.

We’ve only learned about the tip of fecal iceberg and now there’s no denying it goes straight through Trump.  GOP complicitly covers up at their own peril.  It’s only going to get worse.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 8

I'm often recorded on tape talking with people I've claimed to have never met talking about scandalous details of illegal plans for women I'd like to see ravished.  

Wait, we talking about Parnas or South Austin's Mom?  

43 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

What the tapes do is indisputably and directly tie Trump to Parnas and the Ukraine scheme, and underpinnings of his ongoing impeachment.  He’s obviously lying his ass off about it.  His lying about it is now indisputable.  Parnas is a mobster under indictment and is tied to a lot of cash funneled into GOP coffers.  God only knows what oligarch mobster is his boss, and how disposable Trump is to them in the big picture.

We’ve only learned about the tip of fecal iceberg and now there’s no denying it goes straight through Trump.  GOP complicitly covers up at their own peril.  It’s only going to get worse.

Yep. Trump is the fecal point of lying and the GOP is his subservient cover up artists. I guess we should give up all hope like Brisket has, but I won’t. Instead, I choose not to.

56 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Is it just me or is anybody else surprised by how reserved Trump's criticism of Parnas is?  The worst thing he's said about Lev, other than denying that he knows him, is "Perhaps he's a fine man, perhaps he's not."   Is that Trump's usual modus opperandi when somebody makes damaging claims about him?  Where's the belittling? Where's the name calling?  It's almost like Trump thinks Parnas is Putin, the other guy he never bad mouths.  It looks like weak, kid gloves stuff to me.  Perhaps Parnas is in possession of even worse revelations than those revealed by the tap and Trump is afraid of what those might be.  

Also, I'm always amazed at how easy it seems to be able to buy access to Trump. A million bucks is chump change to an oligarch, and you don't even have to give the million to Trump all at once.  you just need to buy into Mar-A-Lago and give 250-500k to Rudy and you're golden.  On the other hand, maybe it is that big donors who are paying for access are wasting their money because Trump is so senile he doesn't remember them or the conversations. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'd never heard of this guy before today, but after googling him, I see read the following:

After graduating, he moved to Edmond, a suburb of Oklahoma City, where he still lives today. He served with the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. He became the program director of Falls Creek, the largest Christian camp in the U.S.

He was a Baptist Christian camp "program director." That and the dyed hair tells me he's also likely a kiddy diddler.

You build a strong case, counsel. 

And I lasted less than 5 min watching the proceedings.  Not sure how you all can stomach watching this BS.  And as outraged as we are...there's a solid 40% of the country that refuses to see any of this and buries their head in the sand...or worse, watches Fox news and believes all the lies.  It's scary shit but it's not changing anytime soon.  So...ledge it is. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How are so many people allowed to be near the president with recording devices for private conversations? I get that people wouldn’t want to give up their phones but so what.

Apparently he talks serious bidness all the time at Mar a Lago with people with no security clearance in the room.  Like he's showing off or something.  Fucking moron.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sens. Susan Collins, Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski and Lamar Alexander are this country's only hope. Need three of the four flip, and Roberts to drop the hammer. 

After Collins sent Roberts a note saying "people need to be nicer" or somesuch bullshit you can't count on her.  Alexander should take the opportunity to do something for the good of the country but he won't.  Romney is a total pussy if he kowtows to Trump after Trump has kicked him in the balls repeatedly.

Jesus, you'd think just one of these people would realize 1) if someone speaks up others will follow, and 2) Trump is a losing proposition long term.  2020 will be an election year the GOP will take years to recover from, if at all.  And this is coming from a guy who never voted anything but Republican until 2008.  

I told y'all I telephone Cornyn last week to complain? Got a robocall last night saying there is a telephone town hall at 7:00 tonight. I've never picked up the phone for one of those. Does anyone like me have a chance in hell to be heard? Otherwise I'm not bothering. If I do have a chance, anyone have any suggestions for what to say?

12 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Rep for "fecal iceberg."  That's a good'un.

9 hours ago, Pasken said:

I’m so sick of Susan Collins fake moderation. 

I can already hear her whiny, shaky, Parkinson’s sounding voice saying,” I am very concerned about the President’s decision to do all of these horrible things in Ukraine and also his insistence on trying to destroy our constitution which is why I have decided to vote to acquit.”  Who in Maine votes for garbage like her? 

26 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I can already hear her whiny, shaky, Parkinson’s sounding voice saying,” I am very concerned about the President’s decision to do all of these horrible things in Ukraine and also his insistence on trying to destroy our constitution which is why I have decided to vote to acquit.”  Who in Maine votes for garbage like her? 

Median age in Maine is 45.  Compared to 38 in the rest of the US.   So, old people probably.  

I told y'all I telephone Cornyn last week to complain? Got a robocall last night saying there is a telephone town hall at 7:00 tonight. I've never picked up the phone for one of those. Does anyone like me have a chance in hell to be heard? Otherwise I'm not bothering. If I do have a chance, anyone have any suggestions for what to say?

Sure. Call in. It is likely random.

If they ask to submit questions prior, frame your question so it is not a common subject. It is likely they won’t take 82 questions in a row on impeachment.

If you can, record it. The goal is to get him to say something stupid. I would frame the questions that he has to pick between the public opinion and sucking up to the President. For example, the VFW is asking for an apology over the brain injury comments. If I were doing a town hall, I’d try to get my Senator to defend the President’s statements on that.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Where's the town hall at? Fucker never responds to any of my correspondance.

EDIT: nvm I'm an idiot and need more coffee. I'd be interested to hear the lies straight from his mouth instead of via fox news though.

Edited by Captainant

It's a telephone town hall, so I am assuming he is still in DC. My House rep does these and screens the questions so as to avoid uncomfortable conversations so I'm not hopeful. I expect they got my number from the calls I had placed to his office this year. They weren't happy calls, so my number is probably on some sort of DO NOT TAKE QUESTIONS list if they have one.

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Just the defendant casually threatening the prosecutor on Twitter. Nbd. 

Oh man Senate Republicans will be shaking mad! 

“Pay the price” - ok time say

”Head on a stake” - triggering words