The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I said HIPAA has protections for preexisting conditions.  It does.  Whether they are adequate or not is a policy question.  But to claim protections for preexisting conditions started with ACA or go away if it does is a boldface lie by lunatics in your batshit crazy party that is either too stupid or too corrupt to count votes.

So basically what you're saying is that HIPAA had some protections but with a bunch of  conditions and holes big enough that another law had to be passed to protect everybody.  And when that law was threatened to be repealed, a bunch of states passed their own laws to cover for the inadequacy of said existing HIPAA law.

So basically there wasn't actually a law protecting all people with pre-existing conditions and your argument is bullshit.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Tom said:

So basically what you're saying is that HIPAA had some protections but with a bunch of  conditions and holes big enough that another law had to be passed to protect everybody.  And when that law was threatened to be repealed, a bunch of states passed their own laws to cover for the inadequacy of said existing HIPAA law.

So basically there wasn't actually a law protecting all people with pre-existing conditions and your argument is bullshit.

I never said there was a law protecting all people with pre-existing conditions.  Not once.  

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ted Cruz’ podcast is really, really good.  If any of you are interested in the non Reeeeeeee rest of the story.  

Does Ted's voice sound like he has half a mouth full of tiny orange cock?  Not that you can hear "orange", but use your imagination.

35 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ted Cruz’ podcast is really, really good.  If any of you are interested in the non Reeeeeeee rest of the story.  

WTF does Reeeeee mean? I think it's the 2-3 time I've seen you use it. Is that some internet meme I'm not cool enough to know?

So, you're telling me that Sack is outing himself as someone who frequents a notorious subreddit that has a lengthy history in driving online conspiracy theories and is universally reviled as a cesspool of propogating racist, misogynistic, islamophobic, and antisemitic content? Our little Johnny? Is he an incel too?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't watch, but apparently Glenn Beck has errybody in an uproar regarding the Grassley/Johnson letter and has the hashtag #UkraineFinalPiece trending on twitter. How much is bot driven I cannot say, but they are going to keep on with this narrative until the swift boat sinks.

Have they figured out that no one gives a shit if they take down the Bidens?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Have they figured out that no one gives a shit if they take down the Bidens?

No idea, I'm not going to sift through all their chatter nor watch some video by a conspiracy theorist. I've got to pace myself if there's going to be nine months of this.

I do find twitter trends interesting, like that disinformation graph that was posted this week? Part of the population pays little attention to politics, so where they pick up tidbits of information--accurate and or not--can play out in little ways later. Like the urban myths that circulate? Those are fascinating.

12 hours ago, Nivek said:

You first. Where are the WMD's? Where is the trickle down economics v1.0, v2.0, v3.0?  I believe my health care is supposed to be cheaper according to your boy and cover more as well, $19 a year he said.  He won't golf he said.  Mexico is going to pay for the wall, he said.  Oil will pay for the war, the other one claimed.  The best wall, that gets taken out by wind?  Trade wars are easy.   Going to pay off the debt in 8 years, and yet it only seems to be getting larger?  And 17,000 other lies by this current clown.  

You know damn well you are lying about the $2500.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/27/jeb-bushs-incorrect-claim-about-a-silly-obama-health-care-promise/  But that is all you have.  So keep fucking that chicken.

Yes, the famous yeah but what about. ....... He lied Bush Obama lied , Nixon, lied, LBJ lied, Kennedy lied, Reagan lied, hell Lincoln lied.

Everybody lied, but Washington of course. You act as if the democrats never lie, and it's solely a republican tool. Grow up man, grow up.  Are you even capable of seeing  more than one side of the coin ?

And piss off with the I'm lying shit. Mr. Obama is on camera in many stump speeches telling everyone you would save $2,500 per family and you could keep your doctor, so Stop trying to revise fact, it ain't happening.

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes, the famous yeah but what about. ....... He lied Bush Obama lied , Nixon, lied, LBJ lied, Kennedy lied, Reagan lied, hell Lincoln lied.

Everybody lied, but Washington of course. You act as if the democrats never lie, and it's solely a republican tool. Grow up man, grow up.  Are you even capable of seeing  more than one side of the coin ?

And piss off with the I'm lying shit. Mr. Obama is on camera in many stump speeches telling everyone you would save $2,500 per family and you could keep your doctor, so Stop trying to revise fact, it ain't happening.

Saying Trump lies like everyone else is like saying Jackie Sherrill cheated like everyone else.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Yes, all Presidents lie at some point often not knowing they are. They may lie because of the information put before them or they’re tired from long days of campaigning.  But the present President has made it a career. He lies and in the next sentence he lies to cover up the lie he just said. His whole life has been a manipulative lie to benefit himself and to get his ass out of trouble. 

One sliver of hope here, IMpotus is now drunk with power. His past history tells us that the gloating has only begun. He now believes that he is truly untouchable, him and his minions (Stephen Miller) can now go carte blanche as they wish. (Supreme Court is stacked in their favor) 

Are they smart enough to wait until after a re-election win to go true scorched earth ? I doubt it. They sooner they start, the sooner they can continue to drive away suburban female voters. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, F250 said:

Saying Trump lies like everyone else is like saying Jackie Sherrill cheated like everyone else.

Per the Washington Post's fact-checker, Trump had told over 15,000 lies by the middle of last December.

Trump lies like Wilt Chamberlain fucks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I just looked at a map and don't give a shit

You should. As members of NATO, we're treaty bound to defend them as if we, ourselves, were being invaded.

And, if we're being really honest, I think they're worth it regardless.

6dc39b5a7dcde5abdf9e7c9cefc2689b.jpg

• Like 1

That is not true.  HIPAA was passed in 1996.  Under HIPAA, if you switched jobs or take a new job that offers a group health plan, you couldn't be denied access to that healthcare plan just because you had a pre-existing condition. The new group plan could, however, exclude you from coverage for that particular pre-existing condition for up to 12 months. This is a compromise that HIPAA brought about. Before the law, the plan could just deny you coverage for that condition forever.  Moreover, so long as you had continuous coverage, HIPAA reduced or eliminated the 12 month exclusion period (meaning coverage that had breaks no longer than 63 days).

You incorrectly assumed the person was joining a company that offered a healthcare plan. If there was no health benefits offered, a person could not go purchase individual insurance themselves with certain pre-existing conditions without going to a state run exchange. Your incorrect assumption demonstrates you really have no idea of the struggles a significant portion of this population faces every day. You’d do well to go do some volunteering to see outside the country club bubble you live in.

Edit - just read the requests to not continue healthcare discussion in. here. No more comments, except he’s wrong, as usual.

9 hours ago, maninblack said:

I just looked at a map and don't give a shit

You had to look at a map to know where the Baltic states are?  Holy Christ, no wonder Pompeo tried the ole find Ukraine on the map trick.  Probably works with 95% of you dumb fucking cultists.

The Baltic States have higher scores (higher is good) and a better ranking on the corruption perceptions index published each year by Transparency International so Russia solidifying its southern strategy in more corrupt and susceptible regions first (Ukraine-a fledgling democracy), Kazakhstan, etc makes sense but I'd be pretty wary if I were sitting over there....they really just want to establish little oligarchy colonies around the region don't you think?

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Lol, you are such a fraud.  Obama made an exaggeration based on projected figures on a very complicated system, and another statement which was only true for only 98% of the time! = direct outright lies that cost lives and bloated the debt, and an outright uninformed lie about the $19 a year healthcare.    And Mexico is going to pay for it!     

Look what they did to you.  You are in a cult.

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

The way that makes too much sense is to just amend the fucking constitution so elections are fair and balanced. No gerrymandering, no corporate funding, cap election campaign finance or restrict it to individual donors only, within the scope of the election (house reps can't take individual financing from individuals outside the state, pres can take from anyone naturalized or with permanent residency).  This will destroy the 2 party system as we know it overnight and allow for a true representative government where partisanship isn't the focus and actual constituent representation becomes the focus again. 

Basically stop paying our political parties like fucking pro sports teams and feeling like you have to "pick a side" and it'll work again. 

I'm out of the little 'like' thingies, but I like this^^^^.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Partisanship has killed democracy in our country. 

The stupidity of people not understanding that the president doesn't make the laws has fucked our entire system of government and now the power creep has been realized to it's maximum. 

Facts we now know:

1) there will never be another time more dangerous to our country and it's representative government than one party holding complete control of the House, Senate and Presidency. 

2) as long as the president and Senate are from the same party the president has unlimited power and is above the law since he cannot be stopped or removed from office. The president can also apparently just say everything is classified under executive privilege

3) there will be absolute deadlock in the event of a party split along the legislative and executive branch where 4 years of policymaking will come to a complete halt including setting budgets in a stupid game of chicken which results in the American people being the casualties. 

You people in here acting like Hillary wasn't just as bad as Trump are really something else - the only difference is she wouldn't have been gloating publicly about most of it and she's a "more political" public speaker. 

There are only a few paths to fix this, one is bloody and one makes too much sense to work so I guess we are headed for revolution. 

The bloody way is obvious. Gerrymandering, lack of representation in government and abuse of power finally breaks the camel's back of the MAJORITY of Americans who are voting one way or another. People start killing each other and government officials until the Constitution is amended to allow for better representation.

The way that makes too much sense is to just amend the fucking constitution so elections are fair and balanced. No gerrymandering, no corporate funding, cap election campaign finance or restrict it to individual donors only, within the scope of the election (house reps can't take individual financing from individuals outside the state, pres can take from anyone naturalized or with permanent residency).  This will destroy the 2 party system as we know it overnight and allow for a true representative government where partisanship isn't the focus and actual constituent representation becomes the focus again. 

Basically stop paying our political parties like fucking pro sports teams and feeling like you have to "pick a side" and it'll work again. 

Great post.  Its been creeping that way for a while.  We haven't passed a budget through congress since the 90s, its been CRs and appropriations bills.  Then you have each side creating loopholes to get their stuff done, which just creates precedent and power for the other side when they eventually secure that office.  Expanding executive orders, simple majority votes, etc.  That's the biggest problem, neither side wants to compromise, so the government cant function without one side or the other controlling multiple bodies.  If trump gets another 4 years and secures another two seats for Rs in the supreme court, I think we reach the tipping point.  

Trump is the most obvious symptom of the problem.  Hes not a republican, but because hes wearing the R jersey, Rs back him, literally, to a fault.  The other obvious sign is the lack of true moderates in either party.  We need blue dog democrats and country club republicans again, but thats a pipe dream.  Negotiation and compromise with the other side is considered treason at this point.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

You people in here acting like Hillary wasn't just as bad as Trump are really something else - the only difference is she wouldn't have been gloating publicly about most of it and she's a "more political" public speaker. 

You are completely wrong.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm curious, though. (not trolling). Given the rancor surrounding her from the GOP et al, were she in office for the past three years she would have had no House, no Senate but the economy continuing the climb it started prior to the election. Would the midterms have been as successful? How would things stand now w/respect to people's views given the economy? Would there have been an impeachment w/respect to the Bidens coming from the GOP and trying to tie it to her?

That would be successive Democratic presidents which is somewhat rare. If this was discussed elsewhere, I'm happy to go off and read about it in another topic so as not to derail.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm with you on this, otherwise his post is right on. Hillary has spent a life of public service and has been investigated more than anyone else out there. She hasn't shown a selfish agenda like Trump has. She would have at least had an agenda to further America's goals around the world and kept the alliances that we need to keep our power structure. Would her administration resulted in continual status quo which got us to where we are? Maybe/probably. But that isn't due to her and her strategies, that is more due to the corrupt nature of the GOP and its need to keep power despite representing a minority of the population. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm curious, though. (not trolling). Given the rancor surrounding her from the GOP et al, were she in office for the past three years she would have had no House, no Senate but the economy continuing the climb it started prior to the election. Would the midterms have been as successful? How would things stand now w/respect to people's views given the economy? Would there have been an impeachment w/respect to the Bidens coming from the GOP and trying to tie it to her?

That would be successive Democratic presidents which is somewhat rare. If this was discussed elsewhere, I'm happy to go off and read about it in another topic so as not to derail.

You likely would have seen the exact same response from Rs that Ds had to Trump.  Immediate investigations into the email stuff and the clinton foundation, lots of harumphing about every little thing she said or did publicly. I think her response to that would dictate the midterms, and no one can really say if she would have been able to get anything done in that toxic environment.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

You likely would have seen the exact same response from Rs that Ds had to Trump.  Immediate investigations into the email stuff and the clinton foundation, lots of harumphing about every little thing she said or did publicly. I think her response to that would dictate the midterms, and no one can really say if she would have been able to get anything done in that toxic environment.    

It would have been toxic what w/McConnell and all, but no Bill Barr so I was wondering if the economy would have perhaps swung the pendulum a little or if the Fox koolaid would have been still too strong to overcome some of the rancor to accomplish some bipartisan reform.

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, "the centrist is really the same as the fascist" is an abysmally bad take. Hillary was plenty bad, but on the normal scale of how normal politicians are bad.

Weimar Germany had lots of problems but it was sure as fuck a lot better than what came after.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Lol, you are such a fraud.  Obama made an exaggeration based on projected figures on a very complicated system, and another statement which was only true for only 98% of the time! = direct outright lies that cost lives and bloated the debt, and an outright uninformed lie about the $19 a year healthcare.    And Mexico is going to pay for it!     

Look what they did to you.  You are in a cult.

Yes now lie = exaggeration ? $2,500 for every family is not an exaggeration it was wrong, and he shouldn't have been touting something with that economic affect on millions of families if it wasn't known to be true, he made it dozens of times on the campaign trail. Jesus, is honesty like holy water to you ?  The man lied.  END OF STORY.

Lets really blow your mind , google his speech about stopping, arresting, and immediately returning illegals at the border.. no wai he did that right ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

So now we go from a Soviet soviet style fake trail. To soviet style dismissal of religion and morality. Soon to be followed by using the powers of office for personal revenge and persecution.

Just remember that while our many of our neighbors, friends and associates have shown no sense of a moral compass.  They are not Christians despite attendance in buildings that have crosses on top. They cannot fairly judge, and would prefer in all political circumstance to believe a lie rather than the obvious truth. So when the next step of using the power of the executive branch to persecute political enemies do not expect to hear a peep from many of your neighbors. friends and associates. The slide away from the expectation of equal protection under the law will have been just as easily dismissed, disregarded, looked away from or otherwise ignored. Instead it will be embraced and extolled. Some will even say, "it's the will of God." 

This is where we are now.  It's so sad what this President has done to morally corrupt our country.  Something he could only do as a result of an immoral Republican party.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1