Video Of Drew Pearson Being Upset About Not Making HOF Yet Again

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

has there been any rationale leaked regarding his absence?

He played for Dallas?  they were all system guys while the Stillers were gifted individual talents; every fucking one of them.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

In the past I wouldnt feel too bad for him, but this time? I wr from Philly gets in, same decade, second team all decade team, BEHIND Mr. Pearson. Shame, guy put his heart into the game and made a difference and this is the treatment he gets

45 minutes ago, Dewey said:

In the past I wouldnt feel too bad for him, but this time? I wr from Philly gets in, same decade, second team all decade team, BEHIND Mr. Pearson. Shame, guy put his heart into the game and made a difference and this is the treatment he gets

Dont you think Carmichael had a more worthy HOF career?

1 hour ago, Rholl said:

Well I dont know ... I dont follow Philly but Im sure their fans think he has his share of moments... great catches etc.... His numbers were much better than Drews.

I didn't grow up in that era and never saw him play live but it is baffling that he is the only person not in from the 1970s All Decade team? Seems very odd. I know many people speak on a Cowboys bias from that era in particular and they always have to wait a long time if they are going to be put in.

I would hope he gets in eventually. 

carmichael played 2 more years than drew.  he also played on a  lot of teams that had to throw the ball more because they were behind read:sucked.

why was Pearson 1st team and carmichael 2nd team all pro.  Drew was tough as nails and went over the middle a lot.  carmichael was mainly a fly/post/out receiver. 

why was the Drew first team 70's all decade because he was clutch and guys respected the shit out of him

Its fine that Carmichael is in(he's got way better stats than that fuck Lynn Swann) but before Pearson(super bowl winner, multiple super bowls played in)?  that is just flat fucking stupid and to argue otherwise is ignorance of the highest order. Its a goddamn travesty is what it is...

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Its fine that Carmichael is in(he's got way better stats than that fuck Lynn Swann) but before Pearson(super bowl winner, multiple super bowls played in)?  that is just flat fucking stupid and to argue otherwise is ignorance of the highest order. Its a goddamn travesty is what it is...

That's the one that is a fucking joke.  He made a couple SB catches (against the Cowboys no less) that were iconic and emblazoned in our minds forever with John Facenda's voice but if you really look at the numbers he didn't do shit he was just a part of the Pittsburgh fucking Steelers and knew ballet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbSmQTdJiYt=18

Edited by mulletpelini
fuck swann

On 1/16/2020 at 2:03 AM, dcar00 said:

carmichael played 2 more years than drew.  he also played on a  lot of teams that had to throw the ball more because they were behind read:sucked.

why was Pearson 1st team and carmichael 2nd team all pro.  Drew was tough as nails and went over the middle a lot.  carmichael was mainly a fly/post/out receiver. 

why was the Drew first team 70's all decade because he was clutch and guys respected the shit out of him

You want to use Super Bowls as a metric and rag on Lynn Swann?  Which one of the two played in more/won more?  Which of the two had more career touchdowns, despite playing on a team that threw the ball less?  Drew Pearson wasn’t as good as the Other Guy on the Steelers....

Edited by Ignatius

5 hours ago, Ignatius said:

You want to use Super Bowls as a metric and rag on Lynn Swann?  Which one of the two played in more/won more?  Which of the two had more career touchdowns, despite playing on a team that threw the ball less?  Drew Pearson wasn’t as good as the Other Guy on the Steelers....

Lynn Swann sucks and is a pussy

On 1/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, Dewey said:

If only by numbers,  but not by moments, not great catches that helped his team win and win big games. Both are worthy, but it's a shame Pearson isnt in first. 

If only by numbers, Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips have more wins than Jimmy Johnson and I don’t think those two will ever sniff the hall of fame.  Rightfully so.

Taking Carmichael while leaving #88 in limbo is asshattery pure and simple.  Along with Howley, east coast media bias against Dallas for the JFK assassination is the last credible explanation.

The number of irrelevant and forgotten 2nd-tier and 3rd-tier players in Canton while these 2 sit and wait is bullshit.

• Like 1

He got trolled by the morons in Dallas sports media that told they thought he was in. Fuck them. Of course it should have been a no-brainer, like 20 years ago. Jerry played a part as well by waiting so long to put him in the Ring Of Honor.

Yet, this video probably won't help his odds of getting him in next time. And that's a real damn shame. They will use it against him.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, DougO said:

He got trolled by the morons in Dallas sports media that told they thought he was in. Fuck them. Of course it should have been a no-brainer, like 20 years ago. Jerry played a part as well by waiting so long to put him in the Ring Of Honor.

Yet, this video probably won't help his odds of getting him in next time. And that's a real damn shame. They will use it against him.

actually, I think he took it pretty damn well considering.  Harris and the rest of the lot of Cowboys need to stand up to this bullshit. 

fucking Harvey Martin was 2nd team All 70's Decade defense and his name never even comes up.  dude was a terror and probably had the sack record but they didn't record sacks for a while. 

Howley, Jordan, Pearson, and Martin should all be in.  

FTR LC Greenwood not being in is a travesty also.