Jazzfest 2020

horn4life

Figured I would toss this out since the lineup is coming out right now.  Website is disabled or crashing right now, but today is lineup day.  The reason I am excited?  Plan is (unless weather sucks balls) to take ten days off 10 days and catch some of the days we want to see bands we have not seen.  My Daughter and husband are about to move to New Orleans and we can help them do some stuff to new house and take in Jazzfest!

Anyhow as a newbie any specific thoughts or suggestions as to what to do beyond Jazzfest are good too!!  Going to go try and check out some local music for sure, and thought about a hop over to Pensacola for a few days midweek as a possibility.  It's going to be cool to be able to pick and choose the days we want to go over both weekends.  So by the end of the trip a newbie I will no longer be!

https://www.nojazzfest.com/

That sounds like a great trip. Thursday is local’s day and less crowded. It’s a food festival as much as a music one, so go for some Crawfish Monica and check out the Picayune’s (well, now the Advocate’s) guide to best eats of the year. It ends relatively early for a festival, but I still always leave around 5 for a breather - never really interested in headliners and the crowds (though the headliners this year do look good).

A lot of big local acts will be in town and play in ad hoc jam bands with each other, so my play is to grab dinner and then hit up Tip’s, Howlin Wolf, Frenchmen etc.

I’d probably hang out midweek to enjoy spring in NOLA between the crowds, maybe take a day trip to Manchac for fried catfish at Mittendorfs or check out Grand Isle (which actually made NYT’s top 100 places to visit this year).