Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

10 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Remember that time he went all over social media talking about $100 handshakes and then after the backlash came back and said he had no proof or direct knowledge of it actually happening? And then he tried to play the victim because of the backlash Of course you don’t you’re an aggy. Fuck him and fuck aggy.

I applaud the conviction within this post. I do remember this, which is why he needs to shut the fuck up and stop attention whoring. I don't care that he wants to be on TV and all that, you don't have to be obnoxious to do so and I guess he didn't get that memo. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, Fletch said:

You just used espn rankings. Do you not see the issue here? 
Oh and he was a 3 star on rivals and pretty mediocre in his time here. Maybe he shouldn’t talk shit about UT every opportunity he gets. Don’t go down this road, dude. You don’t want to be THE Charlie Strong and Emmanuel Acho defender 

I don't care for his hot takes, but I respect his intelligence and really respect his family.  They are a great example for African Americans.  He was actually a very good college player (and yes his brother was better). He was first team all Big 12 as a senior and drafted by the NFL.  He was a good football player. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't care for his hot takes, but I respect his intelligence and really respect his family.  They are a great example for African Americans.  He was actually a very good college player (and yes his brother was better). He was first team all Big 12 as a senior and drafted by the NFL.  He was a good football player. 

Yeah I still think he wouldn’t have been offered if his older brother wasn’t a badass. And playing next to Keenan Robinson with Okafor, Cedric Reed and Kheeston Randle playing d line with Kenny Vaccaro and Quandre playing behind him helped quite a bit 

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I still think he wouldn’t have been offered if his older brother wasn’t a badass. And playing next to Keenan Robinson with Okafor, Cedric Reed and Kheeston Randle playing d line with Kenny Vaccaro and Quandre playing behind him helped quite a bit 

Splitting hairs, but he was one of the better linebackers we've had the last 20 years.  He was not some unathletic scrub.  He ran a 4.6 at the combine at 240 pounds.  33 TFLS in 2.5 years starting at Texas, 14.5 TFLs as a senior with 110 tackles.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Come on, he was first team all Big 12. Probably in the top 5 linebackers Mack ever put on field. He was a really good college football player. 

Hahahaha top 5 linebacker in the Mack era. Alright fuck this. Splitting hairs about an above average college linebacker that started on 2 shitty teams. Back on topic, he needs to shut the fuck up. Forever 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Hahahaha top 5 linebacker in the Mack era. Alright fuck this. Splitting hairs about an above average college linebacker that started on 2 shitty teams. Back on topic, he needs to shut the fuck up. Forever 

Well you've shifted from scrub who was only on the team due to his brother, to mediocre, to "above average" so that's progress I guess. 

It's not like linebacker was a storied spot in Mack's run. If's he's not top five tell me who is because we have number 1 with a bullet then it gets tough:

DJ, lots of space....then Hicks, Keenan Robinson, Rod Muckelroy, Acho

Maybe I'm forgetting someone but who else belongs? Maybe Kelson? GTFO with Aaron Harris, Bobino, or Killabew.

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Well you've shifted from scrub who was only on the team due to his brother, to mediocre, to "above average" so that's progress I guess. 

It's not like linebacker was a storied spot in Mack's run. If's he's not top five tell me who is because we have number 1 with a bullet then it gets tough:

DJ, lots of space....then Hicks, Keenan Robinson, Rod Muckelroy, Acho

Maybe I'm forgetting someone but who else belongs? Maybe Kelson? GTFO with Aaron Harris, Bobino, or Killabew.

Yeah I know. That’s the point. Being a top 5 linebacker in the Mack Brown era isn’t exactly some accomplishment. Scrub, above average, who fucking cares the exact terminology here. The dude rips Texas every chance he gets. You know, the university that got him here. Oh and yes. I would take Bobino and Aaron Harris over Acho

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If VY started talking shit about the University, some on here would be saying Nordgren should have startsted. 

That’s adorable. God damn dude, between the Charlie Strong shit, the Acho defending and now this retarded fucking take. Good lord dude. Think before you post 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That’s adorable. God damn dude, between the Charlie Strong shit, the Acho defending and now this retarded fucking take. Good lord dude. Think before you post 

What's regarded is saying a four-star recruit, all Big 12 linebacker who wound up a fringe NFL guy for a few years, was a scrub we only took to appease his big brother. It's aggy-level regarded, and you look like a dumbass when you keep bringing it up, on this thread and others. 

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

What's regarded is saying a four-star recruit, all Big 12 linebacker who wound up a fringe NFL guy for a few years, was a scrub we only took to appease his big brother. It's aggy-level regarded, and you look like a dumbass when you keep bringing it up, on this thread and others. 

Jesus dude. Ok. He wasn’t a 4 star. I have a good friend that played with him in high school. Emmanuel fucking sucked in high school. Go ahead and watch his highlights. Sweet. He got a cup of coffee in the NFL. Good for him. I look like a dumbass? Where else have I brought up Emmanuel besides this specific thread? Oh right. Nowhere. Oh wait. That’s right. I called you out for being a fucking football retard on some other thread for STILL claiming Charlie Strong is a good head coach and you think Emmanuel was a blue chip. And I’m the aggy? You sound like a circa 2004 aggy claiming Reggie is better than Vince and Sherman would’ve led aggy to the promise land only if they gave him the 20 years he deserved. 

And by the way, when you use espn recruit rankings, you already lost. But whatever. If Charlie was still here, we would’ve won the conference 3 years in a row and made a playoff appearance, right? 

You’re not THAT bad of a poster. Look in the mirror then start learning the game of football. Start with the 1969 Texas-Arkansas game. I heard that was a good display of football. I’ll wait for your opinion though. Lord knows football is too easy for you while the rest of us don’t even understand what a linebacker does 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Dude. No. He was not a fucking Top 5 LBer in the Mack era. Fuck your own face. 

Doc, I know we’ve had our differences but I’ll rep you later. Emmanuel as a top 5 linebacker in the Mack era is as stupid as saying Dylan Haines was an elite safety. JUST LOOK AT HIS INT’s!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to hear the list of inarguably better guys. Should be quick and easy. Just don’t saddle me with that Haines straw-man, he sucked  

I’m not married to the take but the number of linebackers Mack had that finished all conference and even had a cup of coffee in the NFL is pretty fucking short. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Manny Acho was a lot closer to Haines and Derry than you think. He was a middling player here who had some nice attributes to have a 15 minute NFL career. He was a decent starter. In no way was he a Top 5 guy over a 15 year period - even at one of our weaker positions. When you make an asinine statement like that the burden of proof isn’t on me or anyone else to give you 5 names. I could give you 10 in one minute and 15 with some thought, but fuck you. 

Lol. Well I’m convinced. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Because he’s not close to a Top 5 RB in Mack Era. Are you dense?  Yeah, I think so. 

Doc, are we becoming friends? What is this shit!?!? Emmanuel a top 5 linebacker in the Mack era!?!? Chris O a top 5 running back in the Mack era!?!? He wasn’t good till his senior year when he admitted he stopped eating McDonald’s. What next, Britt Mitchell was actually really good, you just couldn’t see it on tape!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

it’s actually pretty fucked up that we never got to see how good nordgren could have been. that guy had all the tools. 

Right? Vince wasn’t all that. Nordgren would still be playing in the nfl if we just gave him a chance 

13 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m glad I could bring you two together but what the hell are y’all talking about? Did anyone else mention top rbs or any other position?

It’s more comparing little Acho to other jags who played for us. At least Chris O doesn’t go on the tv and talk shit about UT

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Someone should start a top 5 at each position since 2000 thread so we can argue about completely irrelevant nonsense all off-season 

I’m down. 

Personally I’d go with Swoopes at QB, Cody Johnson staring RB. Britt Mitchell, Denzel Okafor, Chris Hall, Charlie Tanner and Marcus Hutchins on the oline. Armanti Foreman, Cayleb Jones and Jake Oliver at wide out with Cade Brewer and Malcolm Epps at tight end. Gonna need to think for a bit on all time defense

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Someone should start a top 5 at each position since 2000 thread so we can argue about completely irrelevant nonsense all off-season 

That sounds like a perfectly enjoyable way to pass the long off-season to me. Preferable to raging against the Bachelor host over what he may think about Texas at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Well I personally don’t like it that he bags on the university in an effort to garner attention. I don’t like it that he contrives his outspokenness. I don’t like it that he wears ridiculously loud suits when combined with his manufactured hot takes. I think he’s as phony as they come.  He’s trying way too hard to be Michael Strahan, except with a woke tinge. Strahan is naturally likable and an actual good football player. I’m embarrassed he went to Texas. 

I agree with everything you said here. You guys let that cloud your thinking of him to the point where you’ve convinced yourselves that as a player he was a JAG, when he was not. 

I guess I don’t agree with the last sentence; it doesn’t really rise to embarrassing the University for me. He’s just a media dude I don’t like who will now be easy to ignore because he hosts the bachelor. 

What I’m trying to say is he doesn’t rank in the top 5 of most embarrassing UT graduates...

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't have anything bad to say about M. Acho as a football player. I actually did enjoy watching him and Keenan Robinson make _iaz look good in 2011. He was a solid linebacker and played well beside Keenan. Could be considered a top 10 linebacker of the 1998-2013 era.

That being said, it's hard to respect somebody that adopts the act of a loudmouth attention whore for the sake of promoting his sports analyst career. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3