Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes. He was JAG. There are plenty of guys that get drafted way before him that are JAGs. Anyone defending his play, but particularly his personality, is totally fucked in the head. 

Oh cool, this stupid shit again. 

6.8% of FCS players get drafted. 11% of P5 players. There is no rational or objective way to argue that he was a JAG in college football no matter how much his suits bug you.

• Hook 'Em 2

i'll say the same now that i said ten years ago when this whole "Texas runs a clean program!!!" debate came up: none of our players have jobs, and yet if you run into one of them downtown he's wearing $200 shoes, $160 jeans, an $80 shirt, a $40 hat, he's covered in jewelry, and he has $3,000 worth of ink on his arms and torso. anyone who thinks we don't play the game is being willfully ignorant. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Chris Simms admitted on the Dan Patrick Show that he got paid by boosters while at UT, and Colt McCoy’s wife also publicly said his teammates were taking benefits. I wonder why Acho gets all the over the top vitriol and hate and not them...

Have you even heard of Colt McCoy?

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'll say the same now that i said ten years ago when this whole "Texas runs a clean program!!!" debate came up: none of our players have jobs, and yet if you run into one of them downtown he's wearing $200 shoes, $160 jeans, an $80 shirt, a $40 hat, he's covered in jewelry, and he has $3,000 worth of ink on his arms and torso. anyone who thinks we don't play the game is being willfully ignorant. 

Fitty dolla sneakers and I got no job.

JORDANSTRIP.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Any team consistently in the top 25 is running a dirty program, probably hell even top 40. Every Alabama player shows up with a magically "leased" Dodge Charger/Challenger year in and year out. The only difference is some of them get a little ridiculous like Ole Miss with Freeze or Miami with Nevin Shapiro.     

Chris Simms admitted on the Dan Patrick Show that he got paid by boosters while at UT, and Colt McCoy’s wife also publicly said his teammates were taking benefits. I wonder why Acho gets all the over the top vitriol and hate and not them...

Plenty of people were pissed when she said that. Half of Texas fans hate Simms.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

image.png.892316fafa667f82d3a2f32047e0a909.png

All the Latin confused Aggies, so they just all call each other/themselves "Former Students" even if they took a correspondence course at Blinn/partying at Bonfire.  

On 4/28/2021 at 2:48 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

I think the more important thing to note here is, between him and McConaughey, the BOMC is alive and well in auto sector.

Meanwhile, aggy still working on getting Vaughn that lucrative Yugo contract...

FIFY

Acho has been making the rounds on TV promoting his recent book and by chance I have caught a few of the interviews.  I know that he is trying to make a point but IMO, some of his examples about how he has been treated is some sort of humble-brag.  The prime example that he refers to is that people say, "You are too smart to be black".

On 5/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, mininghorn88 said:

Acho has been making the rounds on TV promoting his recent book and by chance I have caught a few of the interviews.  I know that he is trying to make a point but IMO, some of his examples about how he has been treated is some sort of humble-brag.  The prime example that he refers to is that people say, "You are too smart to be black".

My favorite one was the story he told about crashing his bike into a lady just because she didn't hear him coming up behind her and move out of his way. Very strange. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I know that he is trying to make a point but IMO, some of his examples about how he has been treated is some sort of humble-brag.  The prime example that he refers to is that people say, "You are too smart to be black".

That’s a humble-lie. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Acho is monetizing Acho to the greatest extent possible.  I don't have a problem with it.  If he's on the TV while I am watching and he gets annoying, I turn it off.

The stories about his "struggles" are likely a bit inflated or disingenuous, esp. before college.  Most folks who attend St. Marks are probably doing just fine.  Did he receive some verbal abuse along the way?  Perhaps.  HS boys say stupid shit all the time to each other.  My suspicion is that he heard racial slurs infrequently, as he was one of the biggest, strongest, fastest guys at St. Marks.  Even if he was a turn the other cheek guy, standing up and staring down a racist asshole likely stopped the comments for good.

I do not think he reflects poorly on UT.  His success shows the value of getting a degree and what opportunities could open up after a career in football concludes.  That's good for UT.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I had a news feed that Acho would be considered to take Aikmen’s place in the broadcast booth along side of Buck should Aikmen decide to leave. What a beating that would be.

I hope that is not true.

If they could also nab Collinsworth, that would be a trifecta of ear  bleeding insanity

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He reflects terribly on UT. His success is based on phoniness. 

I disagree, but it is not a hill I care to die on :)  His antics reflect poorly on him, not UT.

Skip Bayless is a smarmy, loud-mouthed, lying douche.  I'm not sure it really reflects poorly on Vanderbilt.  It reflects poorly on him.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, boilerhorn said:

Acho is monetizing Acho to the greatest extent possible.  I don't have a problem with it.  If he's on the TV while I am watching and he gets annoying, I turn it off.

The stories about his "struggles" are likely a bit inflated or disingenuous, esp. before college.  Most folks who attend St. Marks are probably doing just fine.  Did he receive some verbal abuse along the way?  Perhaps.  HS boys say stupid shit all the time to each other.  My suspicion is that he heard racial slurs infrequently, as he was one of the biggest, strongest, fastest guys at St. Marks.  Even if he was a turn the other cheek guy, standing up and staring down a racist asshole likely stopped the comments for good.

[Rex] No he wasn't. Dudes I know from St Marks say he could barely bench the bar and ran a 5.4 forty. [/Kramer]

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Same. He’s a really good dude.

you're probably both Dumb Racist anecdotes in his repertoire now

Acho's stories remind me of the stories Aggies tell, in which the Aggie inevitably triumphs over the challenges posed by mendacious, stupid, burnt-orange strawmen. Nobody but the Aggie telling the story thinks it sounds particularly plausible, but in front of the right audience, the story generates lots of ARF ARF ARF ARF seal clapping. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

you're probably both Dumb Racist anecdotes in his repertoire now

Acho's stories remind me of the stories Aggies tell, in which the Aggie inevitably triumphs over the challenges posed by mendacious, stupid, burnt-orange strawmen. Nobody but the Aggie telling the story thinks it sounds particularly plausible, but in front of the right audience, the story generates lots of ARF ARF ARF ARF seal clapping. 

Really? Well, that’s rude. Even after I told him how well spoken he was too…

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...