Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

don't walk that shit back now bro. take a stand. i thought the homie Acho was getting on his Jay Bilas and just plainly stating how players currently get compensated, with a tacit understanding of how patently stupid it is that the kids make millions for their schools and get nothing in return. but now he's walking it back? weeeaaakkkkkkk af Acho. weak af.

Dude, he's gotta walk it back if he wants access to the inner circle again.

EMAN is covering his ass.

17 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

As a media personality, I've never liked Acho pretty much ever. But the substance of what he's said here is somewhat overshadowed by the douchey sequined suit manner in which he presented it.

I never understood the angst over Chris Simms' "revelations" either. In neither case did the ex-player say the Texas program was paying players, just that they were getting cash under-the-counter from hangers-on. That has always happened, and always will, even if players were given full salaries instead of just stipends.

Duh.

It does raise an interesting question, though. Are there Longhorn media folk who are actually likable?  I mean, I am in a clear minority saying I like Simms as an analyst. I dig Brian Jones' schtick, too. He's mildly funny, and never over-the-top obnoxious. But Acho? 

GrandioseInexperiencedEastrussiancoursin

I think Ricky Williams is really good on the LHN pre and post game shows.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I think Ricky Williams is really good on the LHN pre and post game shows.

Excellent example. Kinda funny, he's one of the greatest of all time, but he's so mild-mannered, as an analyst he's not one of the first to come to mind. But, yeah, he's always got a thoughtful take, and is always worth listening to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Excellent example. Kinda funny, he's one of the greatest of all time, but he's so mild-mannered, as an analyst he's not one of the first to come to mind. But, yeah, he's always got a thoughtful take, and is always worth listening to.

He is also not a homer.

He will say what he actually believes.

• Like 2

I thought about our LHN guys after reading Acho's tweets playing the victim and boiling down our (alumni/fans') reaction to "haters in Austin". Motherfucker you aren't important enough to have haters. I never really had an opinion on him at all until he sold himself to play another opinion guy on ESPN. He was a solid guy that I think got hurt often but was talented and played some solid games for us. Those guys are a dime a dozen in the UT history books. I could rattle off 10 of those guys at his exact position. I like Ricky (and Jordan and hell even Griffin, etc.) because they get on the TV and call the games and discuss the matchups and Xs and Os but are still our guys, our boys. Acho didn't want that lane, he wanted to rile people up and spout his opinion, but now is crying over twitter because he got a backlash about it. He wants to be Skip or Stephen, but has only gotten 1/10th of the shit either of them have gotten, and is already bitching. "Haters in Austin" is such a juvenile reaction to what should be opening his eyes to the lane he picked for himself, but some people are too stupid to even see the decision they made for what it is.

6 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

He is also not a homer.

He will say what he actually believes.

He is a homer, but he doesn't lie about what his eyes tell him.

He will always pick the Longhorns because his love for UT is boundless. After the game, he will speak truth about what he saw no matter how bad it gets.

Just now, Goo Punch said:

it's kinda funny that the guy who pulled out his phone and starting smack talking his own team during half time of the OU game is now going at the throat of another former player potentially said/did something to make the program look bad. 

Holy fuck there are so many errors in this post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Me neither. Anyone have the back story? What stupid shit did he say/do to Boyd that made him publicly break it off in Manny's bitch ass like that.

11 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Holy shit!  I never knew about this.  

I don't remember exactly what he said, but Acho called Boyd out after that loss against Okie St when Boyd, Davis, and Lil' Jordan were benched for the first quarter for missing team functions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

That was the only thing that was right. Boyd tweeted during his freshmen loss to TCU, and that post was made years ago when he was still at UT.

so i got the opponent wrong, and then wasn't aware that Boyd's tweet towards Acho was old. okie dokie. that was definitely worth such a dramatic response. 🙄 

btw, none of that changes my point- KB pulled out his phone and tweeted talking shit about his own team/program at half time of a fucking conference game, and yet he's apparently the arbiter of who reps for Texas and who doesn't. that's as dumb as your bombastic response to my post.

Edited by Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

LMAO, I just googled it- he tweeted during half time of a 50-7 loss to TCU (not OU!!!!!) that he was going to transfer to A&M, and yet he gets to tell Acho that he's not affiliated with Texas. that's fucking rich.

Is there a point that you are trying to make in this thread?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I bet Acho was that fucking kid in school that ratted other kids out, kept raising his hand asking questions after the teacher had already released the class for recess or lunch, and asked for more homework & reading assignments.

Meh. Kris Boyd was an 18 year old kid caught up in the heat of the moment after realizing what he got himself into with Charlie and Co. It was the halftime of an absolutely embarrassing game and he retweeted someone else's tweet.

Acho is a grown man (about to turn 30) that wants attention. He took the time to manufacture that "bomb" of a tweet. Apples to oranges here.

Edited by USNALonghorn

jesus christ, the more i google this the dumber it becomes. so Kris Boyd, who never won anything at Texas, who tweeted talking shit about transferring to Texas A&M during half time of a game he was playing in, who got suspended multiple times at Texas and couldn't stay out of trouble, who didn't get drafted because he couldn't stay out of trouble, whose younger brother got suspended and then let go by UT football, THIS guy gets tell other people that they are not affiliated with UT football?! really?!

oh, and according to Mr.Arbiter Kris Boyd, the reason that Acho, who won the Fiesta Bowl at Texas, won a conference title at Texas, who played for a national title at Texas, doesn't get to be affiliated with Texas anymore is because he...was disappointed in Kris Boyd for getting suspended and hurting his team?! okie fucking dokie. that is some ass backwards shit right there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

do you want me to type out the post you just quoted again or what? how on earth do you not get the point ive explicitly stated multiple times? 

Ah I see, I guess I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because your posts aren't usually so mind numbingly stupid.

Yes, Kris Boyd does get to state to Acho his opinion about whether or not he's wanted around the program. Just like you are still allowed to post your opinions around here after you let us all know that Ehlinger would be a failure at Texas who would eventually transfer out.

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jesus christ, the more i google this the dumber it becomes. so Kris Boyd, who never won anything at Texas, who tweeted talking shit about transferring to Texas A&M during half time of a game he was playing in, who got suspended multiple times at Texas and couldn't stay out of trouble, who didn't get drafted because he couldn't stay out of trouble, whose younger brother got suspended and then let go by UT football, THIS guy gets tell other people that they are not affiliated with UT football?! really?!

oh, and according to Mr.Arbiter Kris Boyd, the reason that Acho, who won the Fiesta Bowl at Texas, won a conference title at Texas, who played for a national title at Texas, doesn't get to be affiliated with Texas anymore is because he...was disappointed in Kris Boyd for getting suspended and hurting his team?! okie fucking dokie. that is some ass backwards shit right there.

john c reilly yes GIF

While we have current players who have hardly seen the Feild yet flashing hundo’s on intsta this week.   Do we not have a  team on this, checking their shit?    cause the same guy does flashy shit all the time and it could hurt his and the programs future.  Dumbasses need to be set right imp.  

Edited by Hook1997

14 hours ago, wood said:

I bet Acho was that fucking kid in school that ratted other kids out, kept raising his hand asking questions after the teacher had already released the class for recess or lunch, and asked for more homework & reading assignments.

Acho went to St. Mark's.

I bet that you're wrong.