Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My daughter (10 or 11 at the time) met and chatted with mamma Acho at the Wyoming game (08 or 09 in Laramie). My daughter says she was real nice and very proud of Sam. 

But when you pressed her about Emmanuel, she shrugged and said something like “not sure what went wrong with him...”

• Hook 'Em 1

i like him. i don't think he contrives or fakes anything. i think that a bunch of people here just don't like the stuff that he says, which is odd, because a lot of what he says sounds like the shit that people on here post all of the time. everyone here loves to trash the school/program/coach, but then they get all butthurt when someone else does it. whatever. UT football fans are the only people who spend this much time and thought on Emmanuel Acho. he's nowhere near as bad or sinister or fake as y'all make him out to be. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. He’s not evil. His views are 100% manufactured for his attention/career. He’s a gigantic douche and it’s no wonder you celebrate his entire catalogue. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. He’s not evil. His views are 100% manufactured for his attention/career. He’s a gigantic douche and it’s no wonder you celebrate his entire catalogue. 

rex you sound triggered. not everyone is out here faking the funk just to piss you off. your belief that what he says and does is all an act doesn't make it so. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

jack black wtf GIF

That thing is simply not complete without Evan C. Kim in "Fistful of Yen" mouthing "What the Fuck" when the other karate dude gets back up.  

And oh yeah, E. Acho is being weird.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Rex is dead. 

It’s interesting that you’ll take the contrarian view of supporting a loudmouth attention whore who just wastes time talking about nothing sincere or of substance, embarrassing his alma mater. 

the fact that i don't believe that he's totally insincere and just performing for the cameras makes me a contrarian? no, i don't think it does. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He still defends Rick Barnes. 

is that a fact? that's news to me. sounds pretty similar to the accusations that i'm the one who brings up Rick Barnes out of nowhere just to insert his name into random, totally unrelated threads.

Edited by shadow_operative

Look, a lot of people didn't graduate UT...you don't have to constantly throw it in Whitman's face!

Yeah, if our own personal recent memory...Katy Agnor is way up there.  Whitman is just in every Longhorn's mind forever.  That's fucked up for her though, that we have to divide out generations on her behalf so she doesn't get lumped in with Whitman.  

I always thought Randolph Duke was about our age.  Is he significantly older?  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Every person I’ve met that drives a Lexus sucks.

Lexus are actually the best luxury car - Toyota. Reliable. 

But yeah I'll stick with my Tundra. 

Acho is doing his thing, even if his thing is BS, so what, it's how you succeed in modern "journalism".

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Rex is dead. 

It’s interesting that you’ll take the contrarian view of supporting a loudmouth attention whore who just wastes time talking about nothing sincere or of substance, embarrassing his alma mater. 

I really don't know anything about Emmanuel's TV stuff on account of I don't own a TV but I did hear him on The Horn FM for about 15-20 minutes being interviewed by some of our local djs and he struck me as both thoughtful and respectful. What makes you say that he's a loudmouth?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I really don't know anything about Emmanuel's TV stuff on account of I don't own a TV but I did hear him on The Horn FM for about 15-20 minutes being interviewed by some of our local djs and he struck me as both thoughtful and respectful. What makes you say that he's a loudmouth?

He once said some boosters handed out $100 handshakes for big plays or some shit, and then walked it back, but because he said that, there are some on here who say he was a scrub who should never have been given a scholarship and is also one of the worst humans to graduate from UT in all of history.

Typical Shag, in other words.

33 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He once said some boosters handed out $100 handshakes for big plays or some shit, and then walked it back, but because he said that, there are some on here who say he was a scrub who should never have been given a scholarship and is also one of the worst humans to graduate from UT in all of history.

Typical Shag, in other words.

I thought that was Simms.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a Kindle Fire that pops up an ad before you open it. (The cheaper option of each Kindle level.)

Last Friday, this was the ad that popped up before I opened it. Nice to see a fellow Marksman (& Longhorn) doing well. He’s helping wipe away some of the stain left by Richard Spencer.

838D6973-D980-4681-BDEA-F587143D3B2A.jpeg

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the fact that i don't believe that he's totally insincere and just performing for the cameras makes me a contrarian? no, i don't think it does. 

I get what you’re saying, but I gotta...I gotta....side with....fuck.....beeper here dude. Damn that was rough to say. But yeah he was awful on LHN, he loves shitting on UT even though he wouldn’t be where he is if it weren’t for us (and his brother. Emmanuel was a jag.). He was clown all the fucking time on espn doing the corny as shit espn produces nowadays. And now he’s doing shit with Oprah and whatnot. He is such a fucking obnoxious douchebag. 

• Hook 'Em 6

25 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I get what you’re saying, but I gotta...I gotta....side with....fuck.....beeper here dude. Damn that was rough to say. But yeah he was awful on LHN, he loves shitting on UT even though he wouldn’t be where he is if it weren’t for us (and his brother. Emmanuel was a jag.). He was clown all the fucking time on espn doing the corny as shit espn produces nowadays. And now he’s doing shit with Oprah and whatnot. He is such a fucking obnoxious douchebag. 

Apparently your memory is a little fuzzy on this. (I was living out of the country during this time, so I have no memory of any of his games.)

Respected sports journalist, husband, and father Jonathan Tjarks wrote of Emmanuel at the time...

NFL Draft 2012: Cleveland Browns Take Texas LB Emmanuel Acho In Sixth Round

By Jonathan Tjarks  Apr 28, 2012, 4:22pm CDT

Emmanuel Acho, one of the few bright spots during Texas football's last two seasons, was drafted by the Cleveland Browns with the No. 204 selection in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

The Dallas native, who attended high school at St. Mark's, started 26 games for the Longhorns over the last three years at OLB. He was one of the leaders of the defense in 2011, with 117 tackles, including 13.5 for loss, as well as 3 sacks...

https://dallas.sbnation.com/texas-longhorns/2012/4/28/2981960/nfl-draft-2012-cleveland-browns-texas-lb-emmanuel-acho-sixth-round

Somehow he was (1) "one of the few bright spots", (2) "one of the leaders of the defense in 2011", (3) drafted in the NFL Draft, and yet we're to believe that he was also (4) a jag.

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

he might be an obnoxious douchebag, but to me he's a sincere obnoxious douchebag. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Chris Simms admitted on the Dan Patrick Show that he got paid by boosters while at UT, and Colt McCoy’s wife also publicly said his teammates were taking benefits. I wonder why Acho gets all the over the top vitriol and hate and not them...

"Colt was a JAG. We only gave him a 'ship so we'd have a shot at Case. Yeah he's been in the NFL for years but most of that is for Cleveland and as a back-up."