Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you guys are really butthurt over Acho. The dude realized how to create an on air personality. Like anyone here is themselves at work. For a bunch of well-educated people, you guys are a bunch of idiots. His job is live acting. Nothing more. Nothing less. Lastly, this is the first time I've ever seen a Black man scolded for "over-enunciating lol. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Man, you guys are really butthurt over Acho. The dude realized how to create an on air personality. Like anyone here is themselves at work. For a bunch of well-educated people, you guys are a bunch of idiots. His job is live acting. Nothing more. Nothing less. Lastly, this is the first time I've ever seen a Black man scolded for "over-enunciating lol. 

Are you saying he's "well-spoken?"

• Like 1

Easy Manny. Your job is relaying information regarding sports. Well, that and telling idiots who gets a rose.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

RX 350 is about the most chick car ever.  I can't recall ever seeing a man driving one unless his wife/girlfriend was in the passenger seat.

VW Rabbit Cabriolet is the queen of the chick cars

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

we're just having uncomfortable conversations with him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Yeah he’s either not that rich or just has real shitty taste. That looks like something a poor girl would buy after her JG Wentworth check cleared.
It was free, and he likely got to choose whatever he wanted as their new spokesperson. That also means he passed on the awesome LFA which is soon to be discontinued and never coming back again

It's possible to create an on air personality without being cunty and dissing your alma mater. Guess you also enjoyed 4 years of Trump's "on air personality?" President is live acting as well, with "live" being optional these days, lol.
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Nah, the problem is, he's trying to be someone he wasn't, He went to a private school, his real name is clarence, and he lived at home with both parents, and they have a real good marriage, cuz aint to such thing as half way crooks 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Nah, the problem is, he's trying to be someone he wasn't, He went to a private school, his real name is clarence, and he lived at home with both parents, and they have a real good marriage, cuz aint to such thing as half way crooks 

So you’re saying that he did NOT grow up black in the USA? 👀

🙄

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

So you’re saying that he did NOT grow up black in the USA? 👀

🙄

He walked the means halls of St. Mark's for 8 years and has wealthy parents who remain married and immigrated from West Africa.  He was on scholarship at Texas and played in the NFL. Fucker's had it rough.  He knows about the struggles of being a black man in America about as much as Carlton Banks did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He walked the means halls of St. Mark's for 8 years and has wealthy parents who remain married and immigrated from West Africa.  He was on scholarship at Texas and played in the NFL. Fucker's had it rough.  He knows about the struggles of being a black man in America about as much as Carlton Banks did.

Uhhhhhhh

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I know several black kids who went to St. Mark's, went to UT or better schools, make a nice living, and have married parents.

I will never know what they had to go through on a daily basis in and out of school. Occasionally a part of a story will be retold that is beyond what I even thought about when considering "worst case scenarios".

I understand that I will never know what my friends & acquaintances have gone through, and I was there growing up.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I know several black kids who went to St. Mark's, went to UT or better schools, make a nice living, and have married parents.

I will never know what they had to go through on a daily basis in and out of school. Occasionally a part of a story will be retold that is beyond what I even thought about when considering "worst case scenarios".

I understand that I will never know what my friends & acquaintances have gone through, and I was there growing up.

He has lived a life of privilege compared to about 99.9 percent of the population.

12 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I think he’s tried to act like he’s dealt with that same crap broke inner city gang members have dealt with.

Link? There’s a difference between saying you’ve dealt with and experienced racism (can happen to anyone) vs dealing with the challenges of poverty. 

• Haha 1

That exchange above is fucking hilarious. 

- "Fuck Acho, fake ass private school kid pretends he grew up in Baltimore as a corner boy. His parents aren't even divorced!"

- "wait, did he ever say or imply anything like that?"

- "ummm...I think he's tried to act like that before"

- "link?"

- "-----" (frantically googling)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Has Acho ever actually said he grew up in a rough environment or had a bad home life? Honest question. 

I've only heard him say that. He went to St. Marks in Dallas which is a pretty prestigious private school in Dallas and he has talked about his experience as one of the few black students there.  His dad is a doctor.  I've never heard him say anything about growing up in a rough environment or a bad home life. His family frequently goes back to Nigeria to do missionary work. 

15 hours ago, Jambon said:

I've only heard him say that. He went to St. Marks in Dallas which is a pretty prestigious private school in Dallas and he has talked about his experience as one of the few black students there.  His dad is a doctor.  I've never heard him say anything about growing up in a rough environment or a bad home life. His family frequently goes back to Nigeria to do missionary work. 

St. Mark's is relatively diverse.  And it isn't just pretty prestigious.  It's the highest ranked private school in this state.

58 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

He just seems like a giant doooshe.

Husker fans know Trev Alberts is a dumbshit and OSU fans hate Kirk Herbstreit.  It is OK for Texas fans to rip on this clown.

Of course. Ripping on a guy because he's a douche on tv is one thing.

Saying "how dare he talk about being black? Unless you grew up in a project and came from a broken home you don't know anything about the black experience in America" is well, something else. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 8

4 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

He just seems like a giant doooshe.

Husker fans know Trev Alberts is a dumbshit and OSU fans hate Kirk Herbstreit.  It is OK for Texas fans to rip on this clown.

Concur, 100%. Giant doooshe.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, UncleSonny said:

Christ, talk about missing the point. James Blake grew up rich in Connecticut, went to Harvard, and earned millions playing pro tennis by his late 20s. All that privilege didn't do shit to protect him from getting his ass thrown down on the sidewalk and cuffed because a cop thought he looked like a credit card fraud suspect. 

You make a good point but use a bad analogy.  I think most wouldn't identify or mistake Blake as black on first impression.  

Edited by RollLeft

On 6/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, hobbes2702 said:

It’s amazing that people that think your skin color somehow changes and you don’t experience any prejudice unless you’re poor and black.

If only Colin Rand Kaepernick  could read this. It’d fix err thang.