Need to convert PDF to JPG

I have searched Google and found free software to do this, but I'm wary of doing it without a recommendation.  Has anyone used any of these and are they worth a shit, or am I better off just buying something like Bluebeam or Acrobat?  I'd rather not spend the money as this is not something I regularly need to do.

On a windows box, I used to "cut" or "copy" portions of images from a pdf.  When I would paste them into a word doc or ppt or what have you, they were jpgs.

Maybe something has changed in windows or with Reader, but I would assume you could select the entire page and paste it or "new from clipboard" in a jpg viewer like irfan view.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On a windows box, I used to "cut" or "copy" portions of images from a pdf.  When I would paste them into a word doc or ppt or what have you, they were jpgs.

Maybe something has changed in windows or with Reader, but I would assume you could select the entire page and paste it or "new from clipboard" in a jpg viewer like irfan view.

Forgot about the snipping tool.  That will work, I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Forgot about the snipping tool.  That will work, I think.

Don't even need to use the tool, I don't think.  Just draw a cut/copy box from corner to corner on the page and ctl c.

Granted, I have been doing this on a Mac since Windows 7, but I did it on 7 and XP too.

It's funny how some of our 'workarounds' happen.  "Gotdammit, I need this file done by the meeting at 9:00 AM(it's 8:30.)" 

Takes cellphone or ipad and shoots pic of file...

Some of my coworkers give me shit for duct-taping/ McGuyvering e-files/ presentations all the time.  " but who do you call when you're in a bind?"  LOlz.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, Texaus said:

If this is just a one time deal: Print screen button, paste into your photo editing software, crop edges, save as jpg

That's what I do. Save as a .tif if I want to resize. Check your jpg save settings. I use 5% compression for most things, but a lot of people say 10 is acceptable. But you should check the settings just to make sure.