NOPD issue arrest warrant for OBJ for assaulting a police officer

Goo Punch

there's actual video of this, which i assume many here have seen, and this cop is a fucking fuckboy. first he was harassing some random LSU lineman who was celebrating, threatening to arrest him for destruction of property, when OBJ came up and slapped the cop on the behind. Not even in a violent manner, but in a playful manner. This fucking asshat cop was on a mission to start some shit with some LSU guys and now he's done it. I'm not even an OBJ fan, but this is fucking stupid. 

video: "the officer was threatening to arrest the LSU players for smoking cigars." go fuck yourself asshole. I hope the people of Louisiana find this fuckstick and make his life a living hell. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Stop with this bullshit.

Please.  You’re gonna call NOPD cause OBJ slapped you on the ass?  That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. On top of that, walking around the locker room of a team that just won the biggest game they’ve ever played threatening to take people to jail.   Dumb.  

• Like 2

sure looks like a race issue to me. The prevailing image of the LSU post game has been that of Joe Burrow looking cool smoking a cigar. meanwhile some white cop is confronting/threatening a bunch of black players for doing the same thing. that cop was out for blood, and he wasn't messing with any white kids. 

• Like 6

Just now, Goo Punch said:

sure looks like a race issue to me. The prevailing image of the LSU post game has been that of Joe Burrow looking cool smoking a cigar. meanwhile some white cop is confronting/threatening a bunch of black players for doing the same thing. that cop was out for blood, and he wasn't messing with any white kids. 

Yeah, this one legit seems like a racial thing. Doubt he explicitly though "these damn black people", but the dude didn't exactly run after Burrow to collar him.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Please.  You’re gonna call NOPD cause OBJ slapped you on the ass?

Who said that? Taking it from zero to racist is retarded and will fuck this thread to hell. We don't need more mindless bullshit on this board.

I agree 100% that the cop is an idiot and shouldn't have even been in the locker room. There's a whole lot of room for other reasons he's a fucktard than racism.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 3

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Who said that? Taking it from zero to racist is retarded and will fuck this thread to hell. We don't need more mindless bullshit on this board.

Like Derka said after me, you see Burrow get his cigar taken from him?  Cops threatening to take him to jail?  I just saw twitter videos of him walking through the locker room with one lit up. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Like Derka said after me, you see Burrow get his cigar taken from him?  Cops threatening to take him to jail?  I just saw twitter videos of him walking through the locker room with one lit up. 

exactly. first off, that cop was clearly looking to start some shit, which in and of itself is absolutely fucking pathetic. i mean what kind of lifetime loser goes looking to start shit with a bunch of college football players who just won the national title. dude he was fucking with was sitting down chilling for chrissakes, it ain't like he was punching in lockers and destroying property. then add to that fact that Burrow was walking around the same locker room openly smoking a stogie, and there's no way this cop doesn't come off as racist as shit. 

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Never put your hands on a policeman. And for all you who always make everything about race, go put your hands on a policeman on Sixth Street and see how it turns out. 

I’ll be done after this gets answered.  If Drew Brees had done what OBJ did, is there an arrest warrant out today?? 

I’m not trying to start a race debate.  I typically stay away from it but this is the dumbest shit I’ve seen in a loooong time.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Burreaux could shoot a man in the middle of Bourbon St. and nothing would happen to him.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’ll be done after this gets answered.  If Drew Brees had done what OBJ did, is there an arrest warrant out today??

Who the fuck knows? You don't and I don't. That's why taking it straight to racism is fucking stupid.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I lived in NOLA quite awhile.  I’ve seen their pigs in action.  They are thin skinned little Napoleonic bitches.  Black, white, yellow, red, it don’t matter.  If you don’t respect their authoritah, then they’re coming after you.  

They look for ANY excuse to exercise this.  People celebrating anything, irrespective of race, is a target rich environment.

Thats what happened here.

This is much more little man vs big an than anything else

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Never put your hands on a policeman. And for all you who always make everything about race, go put your hands on a policeman on Sixth Street and see how it turns out. 

You're a liar!  I slap cops on the ass all the time, and as a privileged white man I face no consequences.  They usually turn around angrily, but when they see I'm not a minority they just smile and we high five one another.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Somnio said:

You're a liar!  I slap cops on the ass all the time, and as a privileged white man I face no consequences.  They usually turn around angrily, but when they see I'm not a minority they just smile and we high five one another.

pretty big difference in walking up to a random cop on the street and slapping him on the ass out of nowhere vs what OBJ did here.

Edited by Goo Punch

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, this one legit seems like a racial thing. Doubt he explicitly though "these damn black people", but the dude didn't exactly run after Burrow to collar him.

Well, to be fair he couldn’t catch him like that blowU shithead Mayfield.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’m not trying to start a race debate.  I typically stay away from it but this is the dumbest shit I’ve seen in a loooong time.  

You fucking start a "race debate" on this thread and then come back with a post that says you really aren't. Right. That drawing race into a discussion might polarize the original subject is new to you? Welcome to the world. 

The whole race thing here is fucking stupid. Cops as a collective are not to be trusted and do bad shit all of the time. Is race a motivator for them? Plenty, I'm sure. Is being on a power trip a bigger deal? Yeah, and that's what this shit was first and foremost. 

Beyond all of that, the idea that there's proof of racism to be had because Joe Burrow, the fucking national hero of Louisiana on Monday night with a throng of admirers surrounding him, wasn't also harassed by the cops is so ludicrous that it defies reason. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

pretty big difference in walking up to a random cop on the street and slapping him on the ass out of nowhere vs what OBJ did here.

There is some context that should be taken into account (but won't).
The cop was already riled up, trying to get them to put out the smokes*.
Then Odell comes up and slaps him on the ass.
I would probably recommend not slapping a cop, especially one already riled up, on the ass. They aren't generally your laugh it off type, especially at that point.

Odell is proving he should have never been on the field and never been in the locker room. You're a former player, cool, go sit in the stands instead of (possibly) violating NCAA rules by handing out wads of cash to players and getting involved in something with the cops that doesn't directly involve you.

(*) The cops just enforce the laws. Want to change the laws? Talk to who made the law.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Beyond all of that, the idea that there's proof of racism to be had because Joe Burrow, the fucking national hero of Louisiana on Monday night with a throng of admirers surrounding him, wasn't also harassed by the cops is so ludicrous that it defies reason. 

Surly, going to Surly. There is so much bad happening in NOLA that OBJ and players goofing off should be very  low on the police authority pissy pole. OBJ shows poor judgment outside the football field (shocker) and a cop with a power trip and a bad attitude fuels the fire. There are lots of ass hat awards to go around but I imagine things in the locker room would have been okay if Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane wouldn't have been there.

33 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I lived in NOLA quite awhile.  I’ve seen their pigs in action.  They are thin skinned little Napoleonic bitches.  Black, white, yellow, red, it don’t matter.  If you don’t respect their authoritah, then they’re coming after you.  

They look for ANY excuse to exercise this.  People celebrating anything, irrespective of race, is a target rich environment.

Thats what happened here.

This is much more little man vs big an than anything else

i can definitely buy that. still, the optics of the video in the OP/second post, juxtaposed with this:

...is pretty striking. the white guy gets glorified for smoking in every square inch of the Superdome, while some black kids who are literally just sitting down in some corner of the locker room are being provoked and harassed by a white cop who somehow didn't notice/care about Burrow. even if race played zero factor in the cop's heart, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone of color that this was the case, again, based on these optics. 

• Like 2

Goo, that has more to do with status.  He's the hero.  If he were VY he would of gotten the pass from them too.  The backlash from going after Mr. HugeCock made him a "no-go" for little man, so he ran to fuck with the guys who were being recorded by iphones instead of networks.

Just spend about 3 or 4 nights observing Bourbon St after, say 2am.  Watch the cops, especially the ones on horseback.  They are just waiting for someone to touch them or their horse.  The nanosecond it happens their excitment begins and next come the epic beatdowns.

People just drunk and meaning no harm get bloodied and carried by their shackled wrists and ankles to jail.

I saw it happen over and over again.

Almost everytime it did the poor drunk schlep getting pummeled and hauled away was white as a fucking saltine/mayonaise sandwhich with a twinkie desert.

Edited by Cajun

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i can definitely buy that. still, the optics of the video in the OP/second post, juxtaposed with this:

...is pretty striking. the white guy gets glorified for smoking in every square inch of the Superdome, while some black kids who are literally just sitting down in some corner of the locker room are being provoked and harassed by a white cop who somehow didn't notice/care about Burrow. even if race played zero factor in the cop's heart, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone of color that this was the case, again, based on these optics. 

That cop wasn't the one glorifying Burrow and Sportcenter wasn't the one harassing the black kid, so I'm not sure what the comparison has to do with anything.

Paul Blart was in the locker room harassing players over smoking.  While we know he's a clown, we have no idea who he did and didn't harass.  

Don’t touch cops. End of story. He’s lucky he didn’t get shot. 

That cop will be lucky if he's safe to remain in LA.  He better have a third eye in the back of his head.  His family too.

see how that works?

Edited by Cajun

43 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

(*) The cops just enforce the laws. Want to change the laws? Talk to who made the law.

This dude wasn't going off on his twatty little power trip because of an engorged "respect for the law"

He just wanted to feel like a big man.

Should all the players, including Burrow, not have smoked those cigars? Because I sure as fuck would have pulled out a stogie.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1