NOPD issue arrest warrant for OBJ for assaulting a police officer

Goo Punch

So, according to this ringer article there was a small fire caused by one of the players tossing a lit cigar into a trash can. Not that I think cops should've been in the locker room after that, but one way to get cops and security on your ass even after you won a national championship is to accidentally start a fire in a fucking trash can in the locker room. It looks like one guy fucked up so they started treating the rest of the team like children.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21065570/lsu-tigers-joe-burrow-ed-orgeron-national-title-new-orleans

2 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

That cop wasn't the one glorifying Burrow and Sportcenter wasn't the one harassing the black kid, so I'm not sure what the comparison has to do with anything.

Paul Blart was in the locker room harassing players over smoking.  While we know he's a clown, we have no idea who he did and didn't harass.  

Yeah, you had sistah's down on Bourbon gettin' interviewed talking about how they'd "suck Burrow's dick.  Dude is an untouchable, not because of his color, but because of eleventy billion touchdown passes against CLEMPSON!!!!

Just now, angelfacedmongoloid said:

So, according to this ringer article there was a small fire caused by one of the players tossing a lit cigar into a trash can. Not that I think cops should've been in the locker room after that, but one way to get cops and security on your ass even after you won a national championship is to accidentally start a fire in a fucking trash can in the locker room. It looks like one guy fucked up so they started treating the rest of the team like children.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21065570/lsu-tigers-joe-burrow-ed-orgeron-national-title-new-orleans

That seems very plausible.  Of course, little man with the badge had to escalate and turn it into a confrontation because that's the default setting.

1 hour ago, Somnio said:

You're a liar!  I slap cops on the ass all the time, and as a privileged white man I face no consequences.  They usually turn around angrily, but when they see I'm not a minority they just smile and we high five one another.

Dave Chappelle - I didn't know I coudn't do that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Bullshit, he didn't know what to do because he was outnumbered and also had to check with the chief to see if he could escalate his butthurt into "Battery".  Pussy

Just look at the ego protection and shiftiness of his comments there.

So predictable.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

And they tried to make it "sexual assault".  When a New Orleans magistrate tells you you're full of shit as an LEO?  Dayum, that'll leave a mark.

Remember that anytime you read police charges against lowly citizens.  Works of absolute fiction.

SOP.  Pathetic

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

That seems very plausible.  Of course, little man with the badge had to escalate and turn it into a confrontation because that's the default setting.

Agreed, you can tell he's just being an asshole. This could be the answer to why those cops were in the locker room in the first place is all I was offering.

Just now, cafe society said:

You can pretty much flip those percentages in NOLA.  And the rest of their state cops aren't any picnic, either.

Yup.

I'd lay 50/50 odds he heard there were cash handouts being made and he went in there looking for his cut under the pretext of playing Fire Marshall Bill.

Federales in Mexico take notes when they visit New Orleans.

• Like 3

my kids are 12 and 11, and one of the cornerstones of getting them to behave is "keep your hands to yourself."

especially when one is dealing with cops. they will ring you up on the smallest of shit. obj is a dumbass - even playfully touching a new orleans cop? he got a death wish or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CDAK said:

If it has been reported or documented anywhere that OBJ is playin' for the Pink Team, then ok, go ahead, hit him with that.

Absent that, it's just butthurt cops trying to see what they can make stick because butthurt.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

my kids are 12 and 11, and one of the cornerstones of getting them to behave is "keep your hands to yourself."

especially when one is dealing with cops. they will ring you up on the smallest of shit. obj is a dumbass - even playfully touching a new orleans cop? he got a death wish or something?

Oh, he's a dumbass that's for sure.

So is the cop though.

His "trial" is comin' too.

My point, hayden, is that guy is marked in LA now.

Book it.

And no one there gives one flying shit about his badge, I can promise you that.  He's gonna lose a lot more than OBJ when this is said and done.

Edited by Cajun

Just now, Cajun said:

My point, hayden, is that guy is marked in LA now.

Book it.

And no one give one flying shit about his badge, I can promise you that.

So your corruption is so bad. That an Officer that enforces a law (his job), along with a judge who apparently agrees with him (also his job, he could have said no to the warrant). Will somehow get rubbed out by the LA mafia? 

Is that how you believe things work? If so I’m going to guess that on more than one occasion you have been on the wrong side of such events.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

So your corruption is so bad. That an Officer that enforces a law (his job), along with a judge who apparently agrees with him (also his job, he could have said no to the warrant). Will somehow get rubbed out by the LA mafia? 

Is that how you believe things work? If so I’m going to guess that on more than one occasion you have been on the wrong side of such events.

The judge did not agree with him.  Magistrate denied what he really wanted.

And it's not mafia, it's a bunch of well connected, shady people who worship all things LSU and hold eternal grudges. It's not about "rubbing out" (nice binary response there btw), it's about making things difficult.   So much subtrifuge you cannot imagine unless you've been immersed in it.  It's not how I "believe" things work, it's how they work.  I'm sorry that doesn't square with whatever pollyanna vision you seem to have.

As far as your last statement, I never even so much as got a speeding ticket while living in NOLA and the surrounding areas.  I did know several cops in my circle of friends there.  They did me some nice favors.

In short, wrong again.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

pretty big difference in walking up to a random cop on the street and slapping him on the ass out of nowhere vs what OBJ did here.

Goo,  I like and support you, but If you don't think there is anything wrong or stupid with what OBJ did, you should probably not go out, cause you might get hurt. 

I am friends with a great number of law enforcement officers through my work. Most of them are really good men and women of all races and creeds. Yes, there are a few bad ones, just like there are bad people in every profession. And yes, they are on edge, cause Texas. 

To be clear, no one should ever put a hand on a law enforcement officer, ever, for any reason, especially in the very aggressive way that OBJ did. it will not go well for you. If that had been in Texas, he would have been eating floor.     

Edited by TreatyOak

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

Aww fuck, now a trooper and his family are gonna be fucted up too. I think perhaps maybe the word had gotten around about Odell and they had had enough of his shit the second time they had to deal with him.

Odebll acting a fool, again.

Warning: the website that link takes you to is a major beating.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:01 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

So, how's all that working out for you Scooter?

See how "things work" in LA now?

Looks like some pals had a little talk with Mr. Authoritah!  "Dude, let me paint a picture of how this is going to go for you..."

The New Orleans Police Department could withdraw the arrest warrant issued for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. as early as this weekend after an officer signed an affidavit saying he did not want to pursue charges, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the developments.

Beckham was potentially facing a misdemeanor charge of simple battery for slapping the buttocks of a Superdome police officer in the LSU locker room after the Tigers' national championship victory over Clemson on Monday in New Orleans.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28508138/source-odell-beckham-jr-no-longer-facing-charges-slapping-cop-butt

Edited by Cajun

35 minutes ago, Continental Op said:
On 1/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, Tex Pete said:
Stop with this bullshit. This is most likely not a race issue. Take shit like that to the politics board, dumb motherfucker.

Yes. People in the south, especially cops, are never racist!

That makes no sense. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, Don Johnson said:

That cop wasn't the one glorifying Burrow and Sportcenter wasn't the one harassing the black kid, so I'm not sure what the comparison has to do with anything.

Paul Blart was in the locker room harassing players over smoking.  While we know he's a clown, we have no idea who he did and didn't harass.  

this.  i think.  on the road this week, so no time wasting on the surl, way behind.  it may be confirmed downthread, but at this point after page 1 it seems to me that burreaux and obj and the other cigar consumers were either not in the same place at the same time or there were different cops involved.

also, don't touch cops.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, Casual Encounter said:

Cajun, your over-the-top commentary is only suited for one forum on Surly and this isn’t it.

count me team cajun on this one.

things are different over there.  anyone who believes differently does not have first-hand first-person experience/data/testimony.

• Like 3

15ish years ago i was working a deal with a parish (in one of the the 100k+ cities not nola not redstick).

at the sheriff's behest the city/county government staff was 100% female that dressed up every fucking day like the flying nun.  we're talking matching pink/blue blouses alternating every other day, with smocks like in the progressive insurance commercial.  and the hats.  all of them.  matching flying nun hats.

this is in the 21st century.

now, there was one staffer that ran one of the departments, god damn that girl was fucking incendiary in that outfit.

the cajuns make hot wimmens.  especially their gingers.  tall, thin, huge tits.

we need to get those fuckers out of the sec, along with pig, and we'd have nice 100-year counter-decision.

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

15ish years ago i was working a deal with a parish (in one of the the 100k+ cities not nola not redstick).

at the sheriff's behest the city/county government staff was 100% female that dressed up every fucking day like the flying nun.  we're talking matching pink/blue blouses alternating every other day, with smocks like in the progressive insurance commercial.  and the hats.  all of them.  matching flying nun hats.

this is in the 21st century.

now, there was one staffer that ran one of the departments, god damn that girl was fucking incendiary in that outfit.

the cajuns make hot wimmens.  especially their gingers.  tall, thin, huge tits.

we need to get those fuckers out of the sec, along with pig, and we'd have nice 100-year counter-decision.

QFT

When I was working out that way my territroy was Ark/LA/MS.  

My favorite town to rotate through, BY FAR, was Lafayette.  Only place that even came close was Oxford as far as hotness goes, but they all know it and don't hold a candle to Lafayette women in the "fun" department.

A shit-ton of them have a Lebonese gene or two and god almighty those are my Kryptonite.

Added bonus is that most of them Coonass fellas are vertically challenged.  Show up there at 6 feet or over and you're golden with the ladies.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

That cop and OBJ are both assclowns.

Did the cop make too much of it, by a lot?  Yep.

Would it have been very easy for OBJ to not give the cop anything to make too much of?  Yep.

That's nothing more than two guys whose egos are too big for the room.  But of course the white one is automatically a racist.

Regarding the cigars: is smoking allowed in that building?  No?  Did a cop tell you to put the cigar out in the building where smoking is against the law?  Then fucking do it.  Yes, the cop is being an asshole.  Do it anyway.  If a cop tells you to do something and you act like a bunch of pricks and laugh him off and one of you puts your hands on that cop, you're lucky nobody got hurt.

Idiots gonna idiot.  All of 'em.

Outstanding 

It's almost as if there were something happening right now, not with football, but society in general. Something that emboldens racist pieces of shit be their true shitty racist selves, which then causes everyone else to overanalyze every little encounter involving people of different races....

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 6

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's almost as if there were something happening right now, not with football, but society in general. Something that emboldens racist pieces of shit be their true shitty racist selves, which then causes everyone else to overanalyze every little encounter involving people of different races....

Take it to where it belongs, fuckface

• Like 4