Grubs is getting the band back together

ChickenSandwich

Holy Shit, NBC’s Streaming Service Is Getting A MACGRUBER Series

In a bombshell announcement, Variety is reporting that NBC's fledgling streaming service, Peacock, is getting its very own series based on MacGruber, the criminally-undervalued Jorma Taccone comedy from 2010. That film failed to find an audience while it was in theaters, but has gained a sizable cult following in the years since. Rumors of a sequel or a streaming series have circulated since 2015, but now it appears it's finally going to happen.

Here's how Variety's describing the show, which is currently in development:

"In MacGruber, after rotting in prison for over a decade, America’s ultimate hero and uber patriot MacGruber (played by Forte) is finally released. His mission: to take down a mysterious villain from his past—Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth. With the entire world in the crosshairs, MacGruber, Vicki, and Piper must race against time to defeat the forces of evil, only to find that evil may be lurking within."

Variety's report goes on to say that Will Forte will return to star, executive produce (alongside Taccone), and write on the series, and the mention of Vicki in the synopsis us above leads us to believe that Kristen Wiig may be getting involved, as well. Of course, it's entirely possible they could recast the part - come to think of it, a complete recasting with no one ever mentioning the switch feels very MacGruber - but we'll wait and see what shakes out.

This is quite the get for NBC's still-unlaunched streaming service, and a hugely exciting piece of news for MacGruber fans. No word on when the show will premiere, of course, but rest assured we'll be keeping a close eye on this situation, and will suck as many diii-- er, uh, will keep you informed as further updates roll in. Today is a good day.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/01/16/holy-shit-nbcs-streaming-service-is-getting-a-macgruber-series

• Like 1

Why did he do it? Why did Cunth kill your wife?

To this day, I have no idea. We actually all went to college together. Believe it or not, we were very close friends. Then after graduation, he got engaged to her. He asked me to be his best man and right about that time, I started banging her and mowing her box. She was actually the first person I felt comfortable enough around to let eat out my butt. Anyway, shortly thereafter, she left him for me. She was actually carrying his child at the time. I asked her to terminate it, obviously, so we could start fresh. And she agreed. We were so in love. And he took that from me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

V: Wait, I'm a virgin.

M: Shhhhhh...not for long

Well, then, if you'll excuse me, it's time to go pound some Cunth.

Maybe, but if rippin' throats gets that warhead back, I'll suck as many dicks as I-- uh ba, rip as many throats as I have to!

• 6 months later...