Dave Aranda Is Baylor's New Head Coach

Vic Mackey

Uh, Baylor's current AD didn't hire the men's basketball or women's basketball coach.   They have been there for years.   Current AD just got there in 2016.   wow.

LSU grad...honestly don’t give a fuck. all i know is that they’re driving you like a rented mule at football, basketball, baseball, women’s basketball, softball and volleyball.

ponder that...
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

LSU grad...honestly don’t give a fuck. all i know is that they’re driving you like a rented mule at football, basketball, baseball, women’s basketball, softball and volleyball.

ponder that...

he wasn't the AD when all of those people were hired.   LSU education.  realy softball, volleyball, baseball, you know of not what you speak.   You just sucking him off because of lsu

Edited by orangeut

5 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ponder that...

they basically had the same season this year as we did last year and before that they hadn't beaten us since 2014.  as to all the rest, shaka sucks, texas has been to 2 college world series' in the past 6 years to baylor's 0 and who gives a fuck about any of the rest?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, orangeut said:

he wasn't the AD when all of those people were hired.   LSU education.  realy softball, volleyball, baseball, you know of not what you speak.   You just sucking him off because of lsu

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

they basically had the same season this year as we did last year and before that they hadn't beaten us since 2014.  as to all the rest, shaka sucks, texas has been to 2 college world series' in the past 6 years to baylor's 0 and who gives a fuck about any of the rest?

Kyrie seems to have morphed into a massive twat over the past football season.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ponder that...

I get what you're saying KE, but we split 1-1 (one game was cancelled) with Baylor last year and swept their asses the year before.

I probably wouldn't have included that particular sport.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, texifornia said:

We didn't excise Rhule fast enough. The smock has metastasized. 

Millennials mature slowly, they are just now crawling out of mom and dads basement and need some extra security... its their version of a thundershirt dogs use to calm them down. The pockets are for Go Gurt snack storage.

Edited by El Squared

14 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ponder that...

Lol - what? 

They went 1-11 two years ago in football, 6-6 (I think?) last year. We’re 4-1 against them the last 5 years. 

Basically, your stance is akin to an Aggie claiming they run LSU after last years game. Yeah, stupid.

I, personally, dgaf about the other sports but recall us winning a volleyball NC recently (since its on your list) and don’t remember Baylor doing anything of substance in any of the men’s sports you listed.

Weird hill to die on for an LSU guy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ponder that...

Lol. Baylor managed 5-5 against us during our worst decade in school history. Alabama can show you a much better example of the rented mule treatment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Lol. Baylor managed 5-5 against us during our worst decade in school history. Alabama can show you a much better example of the rented mule treatment.

They just beat us 24-10. I am sure I watched every second of the game, but I can't remember any of it. What went wrong? How did this evil happen? 

secrant can't get their heads around Baylor:

What is going on at Baylor, and could this be replicated in the SEC?  Posted on 1/21/20 at 8:12 am
uArw.png2dArw.png22
bkm1.png
Baylor men's basketball is #1
Baylor's women are #2

They are coming off a top 10 football season and their baseball team is ranked. Other sports are solid as well.

I know we pick at the Big 12, but how can they be this good in everything, when just a few years ago they were Vanderbilt? I know they have crazy money, but so does Vandy. In fact, Vanderbilt's endowment is 5 times what Baylors is.

Baylor has been really good at hiring coaches. They pick these guys seemingly out of no where and they are amazing coaches. Rhule was 28-23 at Temple when Baylor hired him. Briles was 34-28 at Houston. Those are average numbers.

Another theory is that Baylor's administration turns their eye at how their student athletes conduct themselves. In the past few years, you've had a sexual assault scandal on the football team and a basketball player murdering his teammate.

Could a school like Vanderbilt, State, Arkansas replicate this kind of multi sport success in the SEC if they could find out what is going on at Baylor?

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

yeah.  coaching fucking matters.  Whoda thunk it. 

fucking mouth breathers

Well, yeah, but he makes a good point that they're very good (in a very limited sample size) at identifying which good G5 seasons are a flash in the pan, and which ones were created by a really good coach.

Aranda's obviously a departure from that strategy.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, El Squared said:

Millennials mature slowly, they are just now crawling out of mom and dads basement and need some extra security... its their version of a thundershirt dogs use to calm them down. The pockets are for Go Gurt snack storage.

You just shit yourself again.

Edited by Hank_Hill

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That guy looks right at home trying to sell insurance to a small town rotary club. Is that a toupee?

The rule of thumb I've been told is that if you don't see roots on hairline of a man above 40 it's a wig or weave. Affirmative, imo.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

like....Matt Rhule?

like it or not, Baylor’s AD knows how to hire coaches. he’s got a great track record...look at all their sports, men’s and women’s...and tell me how they rank next to yours.

Director's Cup standings the last 5 years-

'18-19: Texas 4th, Baylor 39th

'17-18: Texas 5th, Baylor 43rd

'16-17: Texas 7th, Baylor 24th

'15-16: Texas 9th, Baylor 56th

'14-15: Texas 9th, Baylor 23rd 

Conference Championships in the Big 12-

Texas 185

Baylor 79

Total  National Titles (Including NCAA/AIAW National Titles)-

Texas 55

Baylor 4

Total National Titles in the Big 12-

Texas 20

Baylor 4

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

ponder that...

The only sport you listed that Baylor dominates Texas in is women's basketball and maybe men's basketball. 

Baseball lulz. Baylor hasn't made a CWS in 15 years. 

Volleyball lulz. Baylor had a good year but their program isn't even comparable to Texas. Baylor made their first final 4 this year and Texas has done that 6 times this decade. 

Football lulz. In our worst decade we're 5-5 against Baylor and still have as many top 10 finishes/more major bowl wins. 

Softball lulz. You do realize Baylor went 2-16 last year in the Big 12 right? They had a decent run of dominating Connie Clark but that won't continue with Mike White. See last year. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

Director's Cup standings the last 5 years-
'18-19: Texas 4th, Baylor 39th
'17-18: Texas 5th, Baylor 43rd
'16-17: Texas 7th, Baylor 24th
'15-16: Texas 9th, Baylor 56th
'14-15: Texas 9th, Baylor 23rd 
Conference Championships in the Big 12-
Texas 185
Baylor 79
Total  National Titles (Including NCAA/AIAW National Titles)-
Texas 55
Baylor 4
Total National Titles in the Big 12-
Texas 20
Baylor 4

Imagine thinking the small sports matter.

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Didn't get Napier, but they got his DC

And people thought Herman made comfort hires with all of his old buddies....

Also, with all this Baylor athletic prowess talk... Tech making the final four is probably more impressive and improbable than anything that Baylor has done aside from their national championship-level rape cover up skilz.

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The only sport you listed that Baylor dominates Texas in is women's basketball and maybe men's basketball. 

Don't stop there!  

Let's take a look at Baylor's "success" over Texas there...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Next year will be interesting, no doubt. Regardless of who the starting QB is the O-line sucked balls for much of Rhules time at Baylor. That was the one area that required the most work at creating depth and I think next year should bear fruit on that front. O linemen don't grow on trees and Baylor had I think 4 scholarship players at that position to start 2017. Decommits, graduation, transfers etc... ate their shit up.So it's possible that the O will be a bit of a strength while the D, which carried the team this year, takes a step back. Hard for a program to be good on both sides of the ball at the same time, especially when you're going thru coaches like I go thru underwear (every few years).

On 1/22/2020 at 12:29 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Volleyball lulz. Baylor had a good year but their program isn't even comparable to Texas. Baylor made their first final 4 this year and Texas has done that 6 times this decade. 

Football lulz. In our worst decade we're 5-5 against Baylor and still have as many top 10 finishes/more major bowl wins. 

Softball lulz. You do realize Baylor went 2-16 last year in the Big 12 right? They had a decent run of dominating Connie Clark but that won't continue with Mike White. See last year. 

Agree with the rest, but Shaka has turned this one around for BU. He's lost 8 of the last 9 and looking to miss the tourney yet again.

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

EPKGLLlUEAE9FKo?format=jpg&name=smallEPKGPBAX4AInWJa?format=jpg&name=small

Sources: Joe Wickline is expected to join #Baylor as offensive line coach. Wickline last coached OL at West Virginia in 2018. He worked with new Baylor offensive coordinator Larry Fedora at Oklahoma State, Florida and Middle Tennnessee, and also coached Baylor’s line in 1997-98.
9:06 AM · Jan 26, 2020