USMNT 2020

Napoleon

I have no idea what Berhalter's formation or philosophy might be, but what I like from the above is having Adams and McKennie behind Weah and CP.  That would allow Weah and CP the freedom to operate offensively with a tad less defensive responsibility.  It would also help down the flank because both could cover when/if Dest and Robinson make runs.  On paper that looks like a pretty fluid lineup.  I would have never thought that we'd have a player (Reyna) that would push CP outside - especially so soon.  Three years ago, I assumed CP would be right smack dab in the middle of a 4-3-3.

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

For the last year+, Sergiño was playing on the LEFT side and Reggie Cannon has been the RB. I don't know if adding Antonee Robinson to the mix and moving Sergiño to the right is an upgrade. 

Also, John Brooks will be 30 when this lineup comes to fruition, 2023. Berhalter needs more slow old people in the lineup even if they are playing in the MLS.

Weston started and played all 90 for the Juve opener.

"McKennie is better than others physically because he came from Germany [having been training]," Pirlo said. "Today he did well. He could have done better, because he did something wrong in the building phase. But it was the first game, we can forgive him."

10 hours ago, JNip said:

Thought this was an interesting post. 

I don't see a real difference between the two come 2022, but I do think US will have the advantage back in 2026. Raul Jimenez is still one of the more underrated strikers in the world, and a likeable player to build around (odd being from Mexico 😉).

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

😱

Sadly they don’t use “Meteoplex” nearly as much as they used to. 

It has been replaced with the much more civilized, yet geographically ignorant “North Texas”.

“Meteoplex” should have been typed as "Metroplex".

I'm now kind of wishing that I had accidentally typed "METEORPLEX".

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m loving eliminating the MLS players. Hopefully Bradley & Altidore don’t get a pass from being excluded because they are in Canada and a short flight to the UK. 🤮

Sebastian Lletget and maybe a Central Defender are the only two MLS players who should be included at the moment anyway. You could also argue Jordan Morris, but keep Roldan STATESIDE!!

The USA is currently a clusterfuck of historic preparations, no country would want to send their team here, nor let a team of domestic players go to their country. 

3 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Steffen getting the start today for City in the
Carrabo Cup or whatever it’s called.

Is he going to stay on the team for the season or go out on loan in the coming weeks?

He’s frequently injured, so maybe sticking around and reducing his work load by only put played against the shit teams wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Is he going to stay on the team for the season or go out on loan in the coming weeks?

He’s frequently injured, so maybe sticking around and reducing his work load by only put played against the shit teams wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

He's our #2 for the season and he'll be starting all league cup games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like Dest let his heart lead him on this decision.  Barca is a bit of a shit show right now, Messi is trying to leave and openly shitting on the club.  Bayern makes superstars out of fullbacks.  He may regret chasing a jersey or playing time with an aging superstar.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I feel like Dest let his heart lead him on this decision.  Barca is a bit of a shit show right now, Messi is trying to leave and openly shitting on the club.  Bayern makes superstars out of fullbacks.  He may regret chasing a jersey or playing time with an aging superstar.  

i've had the same thought. 

6 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i've had the same thought. 

I have browsed through Tinder in Barcelona in the last 16/17 months (early June 2019) and perhaps he chose Barcelona for a different reason. 

I wanted him to go to Bayern, but Barcelona will always be a fun place to live. 

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I have browsed through Tinder in Barcelona in the last 16/17 months (early June 2019) and perhaps he chose Barcelona for a different reason. 

I wanted him to go to Bayern, but Barcelona will always be a fun place to live. 

I hope so.  It’s also beneficial to the USMNT to have players exposed to more leagues and play styles. 

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I hope so.  It’s also beneficial to the USMNT to have players exposed to more leagues and play styles. 

At Bayern, he would have likely teamed with another USMNT international (Richards) on the back line as early as the 2021/22 season and that familiarity would have paid huge dividends. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:14 AM, shadow_operative said:

In case anyone here lives in a shack in the woods. 

And there is nothing bad about an American playing for the 2nd most prestigious club in Europe over the past 20 years. Take a step back from the ledge, guys.

Edited by ztejas