NASCAR, SEC Country and B*ttP*ssy.

crash_davis

Talladega is the most redneck place I have ever been, full stop. Among things I have seen there include a 9 year old with his dad holding up a sign that said "tities please" (it's essentially redneck Mardis Gras with bead throwing and stuff), an old as dirt biker with a ZZ Top beard and a rebel flag Cat in the Hat hat on, another biker who back his Harley into his buddies tent at 6 am and revved it as high as it can go, and last but not least, three plastered dudes run over a black guy selling merch on the way in, promptly pull over, have the driver switch with one of the passengers, and the proceed on as if nothing had ever happened.

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Not much different than the drunks at DKRTMS & some of the tailgates.

Not trying to argue but I've never see anything on that level on gamedays. Most tailgates I've been around are normal people drinking beer having normal conversations of how much everyone hates Herman.

17 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I went to a race at Talladega in 2001.  It was the most redneck place I'd ever been.  Looks like nothing has changed.  And I'm a closet redneck.

I was there for the 2000 Spring race. First time ever there were no cautions whatsoever. Fml.

6 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I think we were at the same race. First race there after Earnhardt died. No cautions. Bobby Hamilton won. Had to be 2001. 

You know, now that you mention it, I think you are right. I remember all the hillbillys holding their hands out the window with three fingers up for Earnhardt.

So, were you the guy that I saw run over the colored fella?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Holy shit. Ricky Bobbies everywhere. This re-affirms my belief that SEC country is filled with nothing more than dumb fucking rednecks. Did see an OU dude in there. I guess they are the SEC of the Midwest.

I do like the "Ain't no laws when you're drinking claws" t-shirt the guy has on at the very beginning. 

Back when TMS first opened the campgrounds were like Talladega, full party mode.Well I guess Mom found out little Timmy saw some titties and all that came to a stop by 2010. It finally got so restrictive we quit going. Fuck 'em.

38 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I was surprised how popular NASCAR is up in the Northeast, a few grannies I used to work with would make a pilgrimage to either Watkins-Glen, NH or Delaware for the races. 

NH, RI, Maine, Mass are redneck af. They just talk funny and can't cook for shit.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I've been to the Fall race at Charlotte, think it was '88. Oakwood Homes? Something like that. It was pretty spectacular for the humanity on display there even then. It's only gotten better it appears.

Charlotte is like the filet mignon of NASCAR crowds relatively speaking. Talladega is SPAM.

• Like 1

Could have been '87. Just looking at the race results and holy shit, that lineup either one of those 2 years was pretty much a who's who of NASCAR.

A few memories etched in my mind from that day - 1) The guy sitting right in front of us with the "KKK" prison tattoo on the back of his hand.2) Some guy near us wearing a black t-shirt with "FUCK YOU, WE'RE FROM TEXAS" in 4" block letters. 3) The yahoo who was hanging onto the chain link fence right up at the track and when the pack would roar by he'd take off his crumpled up cowboy hat he'd swing it in circles and give Richard Petty a wave, telling him "Get ON IT!!". 

I like to think the King Richard saw Bubba there in the crowd and had been waiting for that signal.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

3) The yahoo who was hanging onto the chain link fence right up at the track and when the pack would roar by he'd take off his crumpled up cowboy hat he'd swing it in circles and give Richard Petty a wave, telling him "Get ON IT!!". 

This guy (and his crew spread all around the track) is always a favorite distraction of mine whenever I attend a race. There's also a rival gang of dudes who vigorously point either directly at their driver every time he goes by, or to indicate the direction in which their driver should continue driving (hint: it's always Crowd Right.)

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 3