For the Libs--candidate questions

Mdhorn

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I have a problem with "issues" polling and decision-making.  Because they are about where a candidate SAYS he STANDS.  Fuck that.  A candidate's positions must be weighted based on character and trustworthiness.

I mean, Trump said over and over how he loves cheap healthcare, better than we have now, and will protect your pre-existing conditions....but those are not just worthless words, they're the opposite of the truth.

So, I don't care if a candidate tells me X, if that candidate is 100% unlikely to ever do X.

The person matters more than the policies.  When you get up into a zone of decent, relatively trustworthy human beings, THEN you it makes sense to talk about policy differences.  But before that, you're engaging in an exercise of fantasy on par with "which supermodel would you most like to bang?"  Until there's a point in time when you actually have a CHANCE to hook up with a supermodel, it's all just an exercise in magical thinking.

You're absolutely correct and it's always been this way.  But it's all we got so far if you're looking for which candidate agrees with your positions. Trump also campaigned on racist wall rhetoric and lock her up so he was never wearing sheep's clothing.  And while Trump favored cheap healthcare amid other policies, he never put forth any plans--just a vote for me to see what they are.    

While I don't like Bloomberg and wouldn't vote for him unless he's the Dem candidate, I love his constant attack ads against Trump.  

Edited by Mdhorn

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I have a problem with "issues" polling and decision-making.  Because they are about where a candidate SAYS he STANDS.  Fuck that.  A candidate's positions must be weighted based on character and trustworthiness.

I mean, Trump said over and over how he loves cheap healthcare, better than we have now, and will protect your pre-existing conditions....but those are not just worthless words, they're the opposite of the truth.

So, I don't care if a candidate tells me X, if that candidate is 100% unlikely to ever do X.

The person matters more than the policies.  When you get up into a zone of decent, relatively trustworthy human beings, THEN you it makes sense to talk about policy differences.  But before that, you're engaging in an exercise of fantasy on par with "which supermodel would you most like to bang?"  Until there's a point in time when you actually have a CHANCE to hook up with a supermodel, it's all just an exercise in magical thinking.

indeed. my voting history is all over the map and i finally realized that i vote primarily for the person, not a specific issue.

i never voted for a Clinton until 2016, i voted for each Bush the first time, and Obama twice. 

when anyone calls me a 'flaming liberal' i laugh. guess i am to the Trump cabal here 😁

• Like 1