RIP TCCC

RPM

Looks like they're going to demolish the old Fort Worth (Tarrant County) Convention Center. Only story I can find is behind a Star-Telegram paywall. Man, I used to think that place was huge. Think it seats a little over 13,500 with floor seating. Saw my first concert there in '78. Sammy Hagar / Boston. Got a curbside parking spot right by the door and bought tickets from a scalper for $8. Boston's light show inside the curved dome was pretty cool, but Sammy Hagar was impossible to follow. His stage presence was intense, Boston just stood there and flashed some lights. 

Convention%20Center

• Like 1

KISS, Nuge, good Lord I can't remember all the shows I saw there. Had a few jukebox hero moments when we couldn't get tickets, but hung outside to listen to the show. We used to launch beach balls and frisbees with "Property of Chico P.D." on them into the crowd. (we didn't have a PD)

Weirdest csb. Met William Conrad (the original badass Matt Dillon on radio/Cannon on TV) after we wandered backstage on a HS field trip to see him conduct the Air Force Band. They should really have locked those doors or at least posted a guard. 

257075__86867.1342529915.380.500.jpg?c=2

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RPM said:

KISS, Nuge, good Lord I can't remember all the shows I saw there. Had a few jukebox hero moments when we couldn't get tickets, but hung outside to listen to the show. We used to launch beach balls and frisbees with "Property of Chico P.D." on them into the crowd. (we didn't have a PD)

Weirdest csb. Met William Conrad (the original badass Matt Dillon on radio/Cannon on TV) after we wandered backstage on a HS field trip to see him conduct the Air Force Band. They should really have locked those doors or at least posted a guard. 

257075__86867.1342529915.380.500.jpg?c=2

Used to listen to Conrad’s Gunsmoke on AFRT (Armed Forces Radio Taiwan) in the 1950s - no TV there at the time.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Boston's light show inside the curved dome was pretty cool, but Sammy Hagar was impossible to follow. His stage presence was intense, Boston just stood there and flashed some lights. 

Unrelated to TCCC, but when I saw Boston, their lighting rig didn't make the show because their semi was in an accident.  Imagine Boston WITHOUT their lights.