Texas hosts #2 Kansas, 1pm on ESPN. KU -6

Goo Punch

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We pull this out..and get the dub. Pot luck? Or is it a sign of a team turning the corner. Seems like there's been to many of those "signs" only for Shaka to shit the bed again 

yeah exactly. every time i catch myself saying, "maybe we're rounding the corner" i remember all of our past wins/great performances against really good teams, only to turn around and be as awful as ever vs some totally crap team in our next game. 

I just don't think this team can hang with Kansas playing anything less than their best.  

They don't look like they're at their best.  Too many easy shots not going down, a continued lack of any creativity against one of the best defenses out there, and stupid turnovers.  I know it's nice to be up at half, but I really feel like this is about to fall apart.  

I hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just don't think this team can hang with Kansas playing anything less than their best.  

They don't look like they're at their best.  Too many easy shots not going down, a continued lack of any creativity against one of the best defenses out there, and stupid turnovers.  I know it's nice to be up at half, but I really feel like this is about to fall apart.  

I hope I'm wrong.

Welp.

Anyone else getting as annoyed as I am about the constant scroll on the bottom of the screen about the Astros and what a stupid fan survey results about the scandal. What other fans think doesn’t matter.

come on Horns.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Anyone else getting as annoyed as I am about the constant scroll on the bottom of the screen about the Astros and what a stupid fan survey results about the scandal. What other fans think doesn’t matter.

come on Horns.

Actually what fans of the cheating team think doesn’t matter.  Other fans are the ones who lost opportunity.  

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

come on Horns.

I hate the scroller.   So nice to watch a game without it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

We don't drive inside and settle for too many 3s, I get that, but that was a pretty obvious foul from Garrett on A.J. there. Got all arm/wrist. Yet no whistle.

The calls inside have been atrocious all around. Same with the Baylor v. OSU game. If you’re going to have an arc then call the game like you have one. What the fuck is it there for if you aren’t going to call contact under the basket???

another play designed to get Baker a three that ends in a bad turnover. just stop it Shaka. just stop. it was the exact same scenario as my earlier post- we get Baker a wide open look, he hesitates, doesn't shoot (thank god), and then tries to force a pass into the post that gets easily intercepted. just terrible play design and we haven't stopped going to it all year. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Shaka teams are so predictable and bad, we wont win this, keeping it close will be a moral victory, and some of the lemmings will hold it up as the "progress" needed to keep this clown for another year

our only chance is coleman to the bucket and someone getting hot from 3.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

another play designed to get Baker a three that ends in a bad turnover. just stop it Shaka. just stop. it was the exact same scenario as my earlier post- we get Baker a wide open look, he hesitates, doesn't shoot (thank god), and then tries to force a pass into the post that gets easily intercepted. just terrible play design and we haven't stopped going to it all year. 

Why do you keep assuming we have “plays”? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

running any play for will baker is YMCA 6th grade "get everyone a shot" feel good coaching.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I hate how Shaka tolerates getting murdered on the defensive glass.  He’s incapable of going all Izzo on the players but I wish he would.  

I caught some of his show the other night on 104.9 and this was my biggest takeaway.  I'm not sure I've ever heard him talk about fundamentals, or coaching fundamentals.  EVERYTHING is always about psychology, and frankly, I don't get the feeling he's very inspiring to his guys in that context, either.

There are certain things that can be taught, and a good coach will do it.  I don't think he teaches much of anything.

• Like 3