So, about your cat... (vet confuses euthanasia drug with rabies vaccine)

hopkinsnhorns

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

How in the fuck do u OD any living thing on anesthetic?

They have to be very careful with my youngest dog because of her liver issues. Her liver is small due to the shunt and she can't process the drugs out of her bloodstream very easily. That's why you should always have them run a liver panel before going under, at least for that first time 

Related story:

AS VEGAS, Nevada -- A Las Vegas woman is heartbroken after her bulldog was reportedly crushed to death by a grooming table at Petsmart.

Vicki Seifert said she brought two-year-old Minni to the store to have a bath and her nails trimmed.

The service doesn't take long, so she took a walk around the store.

Then she noticed employees running toward the grooming area.

"I ran in there, when I went in, she was crushed under a grooming table and they said that they had listened for her heart beat and she was gone," said Vicki.

Seifert said no one at Petsmart can give her a straight answer about what happened.

Petsmart released a statement that said in part, "A tragic accident occurred in our grooming salon. There's nothing more important than the safety of the pets in our care, and we immediately launched a comprehensive investigation."

Seifert said she is waiting for a necropsy report to decide whether she will file a lawsuit.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, EE2B said:

My wife had a friend that graduated from the LSU vet program. She killed a animal that came in to be fixed. I don’t remember the exact circumstances, but it was something about the dosage of the anesthetic.

I was actually thinking about what I’d do if that happened last week when my dog had surgery.  It’s certainly possible.