2020 Australian Open

ss13

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

Been way too busy to follow the Open like I did in years past... 😥

More to the point, there's no one I've found to really root for on the men's side after Federer. All the Americans have underachieved and the NextGen still refuses to step up. It's super lame.

I was pulling for Tennys last night over San Querrey, because it looked like Tennys rushed into a thrift store right before the match and grabbed the cheapest items that fit before rushing to the tennis centre [sic].

Apparently everything he was wearing said “LETOUR”, so maybe they were freebies from a Tour de France promo event at a local pub. 

3 hours ago, ss13 said:

That a girl Sofia, the youngster has plenty of time. 

Surprised that Sofia grew up in the USA and still speaks English with a foreign accent. I get that her parents both are Russian, but she must have only played with Russian kids growing up playing tennis in Florida. 

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Surprised that Sofia grew up in the USA and still speaks English with a foreign accent. I get that her parents both are Russian, but she must have only played with Russian kids growing up playing tennis in Florida. 

Well Sofia’s coach is her dad and he speaks exclusively Russian to her. Sharapova was coached by Bolloteri I believe and Anisimova is also coached by an American. Maybe that has something to do with Sofia having more of an accent?