Super Bowl Discussion - Kanas City Vs. San Francisco

Wally Pryor

Initial thought is that Niners d-line is the difference.  Just a nasty group. Mahomes won't be able to dance around for 15 seconds like he did today.   Doesn't help that KC is undisciplined - just some stupid penalties today against a very mediocre team.  Won't work against a buttoned up team like San Francisco.

I don't have a favorite.  Only hope is that piece of shit Tyreek Hill rips his ACL or PCL in the next couple weeks.  Either will work, I'm not choosy.

• Like 3

Going for Shanahan and Niners due to UT connection.

However, some new blood -- KC Championship -- would be pretty cool, as well. Chiefs will forever be the team of Christian Okoye to me. That dude was fun to watch.

Thank fucking GOD the Pats aren't in this thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Going for Shanahan and Niners due to UT connection.

However, some new blood -- KC Championship -- would be pretty cool, as well. Chiefs will forever be the team of Christian Okoye to me. That dude was fun to watch.

Thank fucking GOD the Pats aren't in this thing.

Joe Delaney for me.

EJ Holub, RIP...and that Mahomes guy.

Go Chiefs!!!

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Go Chiefs.  Fuck SF

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck everything San Fran. From your bums shitting in the streets to your shitty jerseys.  Go KC

andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

They have the better qb, the better coach (or at least the more experienced coach) , and they have my money at PK --115

As a former journalist who trained with a blue pencil (that’s the device traditionally used to correct mistakes, not when blue balls travel up the shaft) and who can’t resist straightening your crooked art on the wall, I don’t look forward to seeing “Kanas City” in the subject header for the next two weeks. I’ll get over it. 

No real rooting interest, but I respect what Shanahan and Lynch have built in SF, and with that defense, Kittle and the emergence of Mostert and Samuel, I expect the 49ers to win. If I am cheering for anything, it’s for Tyreek Hill to go away. And I won’t lie, I’m also a little over the Mahomes worship. Yeah, he’s talented and seems like a good kid, I’m just a little Parcellsian about him, “don’t measure him for the gold jacket just yet.” 

Thanks to SlorchMan for mentioning Joe Delaney earlier. If anyone deserves a place in heaven, it’s that guy. 

(And as a Cowboys fan, I have no right to be “Fuck the 49ers, they are our rivals!” That shit was almost 30 years ago.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

As a former journalist who trained with a blue pencil (that’s the device traditionally used to correct mistakes, not when blue balls travel up the shaft) and who can’t resist straightening your crooked art on the wall, I don’t look forward to seeing “Kanas City” in the subject header for the next two weeks. I’ll get over it. 

No real rooting interest, but I respect what Shanahan and Lynch have built in SF, and with that defense, Kittle and the emergence of Mostert and Samuel, I expect the 49ers to win. If I am cheering for anything, it’s for Tyreek Hill to go away. And I won’t lie, I’m also a little over the Mahomes worship. Yeah, he’s talented and seems like a good kid, I’m just a little Parcellsian about him, “don’t measure him for the gold jacket just yet.” 

Thanks to SlorchMan for mentioning Joe Delaney earlier. If anyone deserves a place in heaven, it’s that guy. 

(And as a Cowboys fan, I have no right to be “Fuck the 49ers, they are our rivals!” That shit was almost 30 years ago.)

The fucking packers were over fifty years ago. Fuck them. Sorry, but also fuck the 49ers. 

Go KC Chiefs (Dallas Texans)!

I'm pulling for KC.  There are tons of Chiefs fans in Iowa, and I have a lot of friends who are in that camp.  If I had to pick a 2nd team, it would easily be them.  Only Midwestern AFC team, passionate collegiate-esque fanbase and atmosphere at Arrowhead, plus I'll always appreciate this logo:

2a71dd101fbd34c3151756b3a2fac839--chiefs

Probably the only NFL franchise to ever openly court Iowa as part of it's base.

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm pulling for KC.  There are tons of Chiefs fans in Iowa, and I have a lot of friends who are in that camp.  If I had to pick a 2nd team, it would easily be them.  Only Midwestern AFC team, passionate collegiate-esque fanbase and atmosphere at Arrowhead, plus I'll always appreciate this logo:

2a71dd101fbd34c3151756b3a2fac839--chiefs

Probably the only NFL franchise to ever openly court Iowa as part of it's base.

Colts, Bengals, Browns. Did the Midwest change and I missed it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Colts, Bengals, Browns. Did the Midwest change and I missed it?

I legitimately forgot about the Colts.

I don't really think of Ohio as Midwestern.  A buddy and I drove to our game in Akron a few years back and it took longer than going to visit our friend who lives in Plano.  Ohio is closer to the Atlantic than the Mississippi.  It's northeast to me.

I still have a mild affinity for KC.

Edited by Al_4_ISU