Super Bowl Discussion - Kanas City Vs. San Francisco

Wally Pryor

6 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’ll say this. Here in Austin, the long time Chiefs fans are coming out of the woodwork like the longtime Red Sox fans of 2004 and the diehard Warriors fans of 2016. 

Convenient as fuck. 

As a long-ass-time Cowboys fan, I can’t believe I’m cheering for SF. But fuck Tyreke Hill, fuck Techtard Mahomes, fuck that fat ass Eagles coach, and fuck that city. I manage a sales team there and travel there quite a bit. It’s a dangerous crime-ridden hell hole. I go there a couple times a month and I hate it. Airport sucks balls. BBQ is just ketchup. Homes cost $80k.  Women are ok though. Fuck Kansas. Fuck Missouri. Fuck the Chiefs. 

The airport was unadaptable to the current paradigm unlike DFW.  They have no clue what BBQ is.  Crime-infested?

Bottom line is as a long-ass-time cowfan you speak heresy and blaspheme to cheer for SF.

Please turn in your blue star man card credentials on the way out.

7 hours ago, staboner said:

chiefs will have to sellout to stop the run. GB just got face raped by the run. Love me that niners offense. misdirection, traps, counters, two backs and a bruising oline. watch their receivers too - they all block. incredible coaching job by shanahan to get that machine going

niners run, then PA to the TE and sanders. Debo gets a few in too. Guido throws like 15 times, completing 10 of them and faces are raped. 

i say 31 - 24 niners. 

Henry was gonna give the Chiefs fits too...  I know that is history now; but plenty of folks thought Tennessee was also going to run on Kansas City.  They did early, but then the rush game disappeared for the Titans.

Tennessee has no outside weapons other than AJ Brown and KC has a pass rush.  KC doubled AJ Brown and Tannehill didn't have time to look for anyone else or nobody else could get open.  The 49ers have legitimate weapons at all positions.  Jimmy G isn't an elite QB, but he can beat you from the pocket if you give him time.  Shanahan calls a great mix of plays as well to keep the defense off balance. 

14 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Rooting for San Fran. Something about Mahomes and Hill, I just don't like.

Let's maybe not put Mahomes' unlikeability in the same sentence as Hill's.

One dude is justifiably cocky because he's the baddest man in the league. The other is a piece of shit human being that gets away with it because he can run really fast.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, msbesq said:

SF has the best defense KC has faced all year. Sf  wins 21-17.

The Chiefs beat a better defense on the road in New England.

That being said, the 49ers also have a great defense and right now their run game is executing at a level the Patriots could only dream of this year, which attacks Kansas City's biggest weakness. I'm just hoping for a good game.

15 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Almost all of the playoff games have been so shitty and one-sided so far, I'm just hoping for a competitive game. 

I don't really get how in this day and age of airing it out football genius passing wizardry, that you can just run the ball almost exclusively and win. You have to figure that the Chiefs are going to try to make Garappolo beat them. I think that's pretty much the game -- if they can force the 49ers to throw the ball, it will come down to whether he turns the ball over. If he can make plays or if he's able to hand it off 50 times, I like the 49ers chances. As spectacular as Mahomes has been, I don't think they are going to just be able to outscore and boat race SF like they did to Houston and Tennessee. The SF defense and especially their pass rush is too good.

Did you watch the Wild Card?

Before last weeks games, would you have been more fearful of the titans running attack or San Fran? I feel like that would be an easy choice. So is the outlier KC shutting down Henry or San Fran running a marathon?  I know KC has had a terrible run defense for the year but over the last 8, they have been in the top quarter for defense.

16 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’ll say this. Here in Austin, the long time Chiefs fans are coming out of the woodwork like the longtime Red Sox fans of 2004 and the diehard Warriors fans of 2016. 

Convenient as fuck. 

I have no doubt Mahomes has attracted some bandwagoners...but the Chiefs have always had a big following here, with lots of expats and some casual followers during the Jamaal Charles/Derrick Johnson teams. They (we) have been overrunning watchsites from Bikinis to Third Base for years...and that’s with lots of shitty teams.

49 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

I have no doubt Mahomes has attracted some bandwagoners...but the Chiefs have always had a big following here, with lots of expats and some casual followers during the Jamaal Charles/Derrick Johnson teams. They (we) have been overrunning watchsites from Bikinis to Third Base for years...and that’s with lots of shitty teams.

Yeah, any city that has a decent population of Midwest expats is going to have a bunch of Chiefs fans.  Even towns like Denver, which are home to a division rival have tons of Chiefs fans due to all the folks from Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, etc that end up there.

Throw in the UT player connection to the franchise in recent years, and it doesn't surprise me at all to see a few of them in Austin.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

I always just assumed my in-laws would all be Broncos fans because they all lived close to the Colorado border.  But this week, apparently they are Chiefs fans because they represent Kansas, despite being a team from Missouri that's 100 miles farther away.  I dunno.  I guess there's 3 Longhorns that stand to win a ring on the 49ers and only one on the Chiefs---although he's the only one that might actually see the field on Sunday.  So go 49ers overall, and go Okafor on passing downs?!? 

These dominant defense vs. unstoppable offense Super Bowls have been pretty one-sided this century:

Patriots v. Rams

Bucs v. Raiders

Giants v. Patriots

Seahawks v. Broncos

Broncos v. Panthers

I get the feeling that this one will be way more back-and-forth.  That'll be $9.95.

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, any city that has a decent population of Midwest expats is going to have a bunch of Chiefs fans.  Even towns like Denver, which are home to a division rival have tons of Chiefs fans due to all the folks from Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, etc that end up there.

Throw in the UT player connection to the franchise in recent years, and it doesn't surprise me at all to see a few of them in Austin.

I've always been impressed with Chiefs fans showing on the road.  I've seen them in Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix and each time the crowd was at least 30-40% Chiefs fans. 

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I always just assumed my in-laws would all be Broncos fans because they all lived close to the Colorado border.  But this week, apparently they are Chiefs fans because they represent Kansas, despite being a team from Missouri that's 100 miles farther away.  I dunno.  I guess there's 3 Longhorns that stand to win a ring on the 49ers and only one on the Chiefs---although he's the only one that might actually see the field on Sunday.  So go 49ers overall, and go Okafor on passing downs?!? 

I've always thought of the Chiefs being the obvious team of choice for Kansas, even in the places where you're closer to Denver.  The KC metro is very split between the two states and the original Chiefs logo has the state of Kansas on it.

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Tennessee has no outside weapons other than AJ Brown and KC has a pass rush.  KC doubled AJ Brown and Tannehill didn't have time to look for anyone else or nobody else could get open.  The 49ers have legitimate weapons at all positions.  Jimmy G isn't an elite QB, but he can beat you from the pocket if you give him time.  Shanahan calls a great mix of plays as well to keep the defense off balance. 

If KC takes away the run and forces Jimmy G to win a game on his own, that is all they can ask for. If it becomes a battle of the QBs, the Chiefs will win. SF can bottle up Mahomes in stretches but at some point, they will hit their groove.

But if KC can't stop their run and SF just stuffs the ball down their throat all game, the Niners chances to win are great. Mix in some play action and screens as well. Niners have been just as impressive on offense as KC has these playoffs. Just doing it in a different manner. Their offense is how Dallas should have committed to running theirs. Not making Dak into a guy throwing a shit ton every game and leading the league with almost 5k yards.

I wanted to be Len Dawson if for no other reason than he had long hair coming out from under the helmet which was cool to me.  Probably why I wore my hair long back then. Guys like Elmo Wright and Willie Lanier were fun to watch and their names were cool to say too.   Then Montana comes along a little while later.  Montana sports the same look and number but the things that dude could do on a field in the clutch, starting with Ice Bowl, made me a fan of his.  I have always pulled for the 49ers to do well since his arrival.

While I want the Niners to get their 6th, I will not feel too bad if the Chiefs get it.  Mahomes is the face of the new NFL and it is refreshing to see him play.  This will be an interesting game to watch.

52 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

83498768_3338491159512718_56703067185720

83194497_10108223251729443_5502311838747

This should say San Francisco sports fans. If you’re on the Oakland side, then You had the GSW titles (and were probably a true GSW fan, unlike a lot of the San Francisco “fans”), but you also had to root for the Raiders and A’s, plus GSW now moved into San Francisco and you’re losing the Raiders to Vegas. So not really a good decade for the whole Bay Area. 

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've always thought of the Chiefs being the obvious team of choice for Kansas, even in the places where you're closer to Denver.  The KC metro is very split between the two states and the original Chiefs logo has the state of Kansas on it.

Goodland KS is where you start to get more Bronco fans than chiefs fan, coincidentally its also where you would start getting Bronco games every Sunday instead of Chiefs games. Not sure where the exact Broncos/Chiefs TV line is but I'm guessing that if the main reason. 

8 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

Bikinis, eh? Why didn’t you invite me?

I called it before the NFC game that the winner of NFC game was the super bowl winner.  I stand by that, for the old school John Madden reasons.  He used to say if you can run and defend the run, you win the game.  Alter that slightly, San Fran can run, and defend run and pass very well.  Niners by 8.  Book it.

Hopefully, Weeks 2-5 Chiefs dont show up at the Superbowl. That is my only fear, especially how good the SF defense is. Mahomes won't have all day to sit back in the pocket. He'll have a lot of 3 step drops and try to avoid the edge rushers. I'd expect more jet sweeps and to keep SF honest. Will SF play man or double Kelce or Hill? If SF schemes around those two then the backs will be a big part of the game plan.

My other worry on the Chiefs defense is containing Kittles, that is a bad mofo.

I was so impressed with Coleman and Mostert. When the Vikings played them and it was 2nd and 6 or 7, they'd always get 6 yards or more. Completely demoralizing when theres nothing you can do to stop them. Especially when neither put up eye popping stats for the season or nobody here even knew who mostert was 5 months ago.

I think SF wins if Jimmy plays mistake free football. Bottling up Tyreek will always be tough. SF has a crazy front 7 that should disrupt timing for mahomes->hill. KC is going to have to sell out to stop the run and put their dbs on an island so mahomes and co can get back on the field

On 1/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jhawk said:

I figured we’d lose to Tennessee. I figure we’ll lose to SF. The fact is that with new contracts and with the easy path we had in the playoffs, this is our window with it being slightly open next year as well. Kc needs to strike now or we don’t have a chance for at least 5-7 years when Mahomes realizes that he has to take less money to build talent around him to win.  By then Reid will be gone and then we have to hope to get a good coach. 

too many variables down the line. We need this win now or it isn’t coming for a while. Hope Reid and Mahomes don’t choke. 

That's funny, remind me again in the long history of the chefs when they paid premium dollar, for any player, at any position, that couldn't be outbid by another team.

Mahomes is gone after next year.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, Sandman said:

I know the past has nothing to do with this current game, but I remember when my 49ers played Dan Marino in SB 19. His offense was fucking insane and he was supposed to be unstoppable. Then they played the game and it wasn't pretty. Eat shit, Dan Marino

it was really tough watching Roger Craig run all over the killer B's.  Fuck you though seriously.

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

That's funny, remind me again in the long history of the chefs when they paid premium dollar, for any player, at any position, that couldn't be outbid by another team.

it was really tough watching Roger Craig run all over the killer B's.  Fuck you though seriously.

He isn't going anywhere.  Even if he didn't really want to stay in KC, he would be there two more years as the Chiefs would franchise him.  But that's irrelevant because he isn't going anywhere. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on Surly or Shaggy. Good job. 

• Like 4

On 1/21/2020 at 8:40 AM, VolenteHawk said:

Oklahoma has many longtime open KC fans. The state is fairly split between KC and Dallas, but Dallas still has more fans here. Third will always be whatever team the newest ou player is playing for, currently the browns, because they love them some douchebag.

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Kansas City Chiefs All-Pro outside linebacker Justin Houston reportedly signed a six-year, $101 million deal with the team with $52.5 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter on July 15. Schefter noted the contract was the richest in Chiefs history and the richest of all time for a linebacker.

• Like 1

How do you bet against Mahomes?  I mean the dude has the magic juice.  San Fran is probably as good as KC has faced this year, as the Ravins were the best that The Titans had faced when they stomped them with the Running game.  A running game the Chiefs completely emasculated the next week. 

I hope it's a good game.  But if I were to guess if it was going to be a blowout by either team, my money would be on the Chiefs. 

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Oklahoma has many longtime open KC fans. The state is fairly split between KC and Dallas, but Dallas still has more fans here. Third will always be whatever team the newest ou player is playing for, currently the browns, because they love them some douchebag.

When Bradford got drafted, the local FOX station said they were making sure every fucking Rams game would be televised. I hated the Rams anyway, that just made it worse.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

When Bradford got drafted, the local FOX station said they were making sure every fucking Rams game would be televised. I hated the Rams anyway, that just made it worse.

I remember lots of vikings jerseys after Adrian Peterson was drafted. It was stupid and pathetic.

fuck him and the chiefs for drafting/keeping him.

Domestic assault conviction

Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her.[76] Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges.[77]

Hill eventually pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and was sentenced to three years of probation, an anger-management course, a year-long batterer's program, and was required to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation, a sentence that Espinal was consulted about and comfortable with.[24][78] Espinal eventually gave birth to a boy.[21][79]

Child abuse investigation

In March 2019, Hill was investigated for alleged battery after an incident in which his three-year-old son sustained a broken arm.[80] The following month, his son was placed into care temporarily as a result of an emergency hearing conducted by the Kansas Department of Children and Families.[81] On April 24, the Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe released a statement, saying that his office believed a crime had been committed but the evidence did not allow them to conclude the perpetrator, and that the Kansas Department of Children and Families continued to investigate.[81] The following day, an audio recording of Hill and Espinal discussing the injury to their son and the subsequent investigation was released.[81] In the recording that surfaced, Hill and his fiancée discuss their son's broken arm, she said that their son is scared of him, to which Hill responds “You should be afraid of me too....”[82] As a result, the criminal investigation into Hill was re-opened.[83] On June 7, prosecutors announced the case against Hill was inactive.[84] On June 10, reports surfaced that medical investigations showed his son's arm was broken by accident and in a way that indicated it was broken bracing for a fall.[85] On July 9, 2019, the full unedited audio from the recording was released. In the full audio, Hill accuses Espinal of lying about the domestic violence accusations in 2014 and about Hill breaking their son's arm.[86] The NFL stated they have always had the full audio of the recording.[87] On July 19, 2019, the NFL released a statement saying that Hill will not be suspended and that they found no evidence that Hill violated the personal conduct policy, but the incident will be re-examined if new evidence emerges.[88]

• Like 1