911 lone star - what the fuck is this horseshit?

MrPhlegm

15 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Is this the thing they’re filming every few weeks on SW Pkwy that fucks up my commute? If so it can’t be canceled soon enough. 

are they do any filming Austin other than firetrucks on city streets and flyover shots?

All the locations where "acting" was occurring was in LA, right?

31 minutes ago, yoladu said:

are they do any filming Austin other than firetrucks on city streets and flyover shots?

All the locations where "acting" was occurring was in LA, right?

There's been a massive production crew stationed in/around the area just NW of the Capitol (Enfield to 18th from West Avenue to Lavaca).  It's a multi-camera rig crew with a half dozen talent trailers.  And another half dozen 53' kingpin trailers, even a skid loader.  Maybe it's a movie, but it has a lower-budget vibe about it.  I don't know, I just drive by it 1-2x a day for campus business and my house.  But it could also have second-unit direction all over it for all I know.  Now, if I see Marjan walking around set in anything scantily clad, I will report post haste.  

57 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

My parents still have dial up internet. I don't think my hometown is representative of most American households. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Not saying you are, but there's a ton of folks out their still watching OTA. (Poors and olds)

LOL I was wondering if this show was as terrible as it looked from the previews.... 

Just from the previews it seems like they are acting like Austin is some sort of hick boom town or something?  The vibe seems very early-80s-Houston-via-Urban Cowboy?

Should I watch for all of the unintentional lulz?

Edited by oSuJeff97

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL I was wondering if this show was as terrible as it looked from the previews.... 

Just from the previews it seems like they are acting like Austin is some sort of hick boom town or something?  The vibe seems very early-80s-Houston-via-Urban Cowboy?

Should I watch for all of the unintentional lulz?

This is the only reason you should watch.

Me: At least there's no one wearing a cowboy hat yet.
LS911: Texas Gerry Bertier rolls up with a white cowboy hat.
Me:

Came to post the same sentiment regarding the cowboy hat and to correct your actor mishap, but you did well to sort that one out on your own.

This show is...it’s just.......

Fuck it, I’ve got nothing.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wait, was the baby flying out of a car and landing in a tree a joke or real? 

I actually saw this part...the baby was in its car seat in the tree. Lowe shimmies up the ladder and reaches to the tree ...then GASP!...the car seat falls to the ground tor everyone's horror...then somehow, some way....Lowe heroically descends the ladder holding the baby. 

It was high drama

Can someone recap the opening, just turned it on. Who did what because they never got tips? The pool boy? 
the deliverv dude.

mercury poisoning doesnt work that way.

we used to play with mercury in high school lab. gargle it and shit and it never affected us.

176a28fd70026b3f64c088eeadf6a05f.jpg753a8b1d20fb988e42a033823f29949c.jpg7c3263f30bd16118caea21629cbcfad5.jpg68856b7224b3a484c6841fe2cb40b480.jpgafc94c5bcda568e3a97f79b6e4244246.gif9f60a213811632194cb4a05e08c02ed9.jpg42e75309ee0425b5b99f3afa4160088d.jpg55a16da9ce55efdcd9627290af1e4ffc.jpg669fb776fb730a7c20faff51fed9d935.jpg961eda6c195249d4dee3c96486186a41.jpg08299649bb1aa32d1b989440407a123a.jpg4bced39d14c020dc6665aaa30ca9ab38.jpgd89e886c3d77af7c23a2f191dc3e58e6.jpg

barbacoa?
  • Like 2

Like others I watched this show last night after the football game out of curiosity how they would make a show set in Austin but filmed in LA look like Austin. Sadly that was low on the list of how bad it was. Only watching tonight because Texas started getting blown out in basketball. Tonight not nearly as crazy as the premier so far but this is still the worst show I’ve seen in a long time. Makes grey’s anatomy seem realistic.

This is weird because Liv Tyler spent a lot of time in Austin filming that season of the Leftovers.  And Rob Lowe and his wife used to come here to hang out with Maria Shriver and her then boyfriend who is an Austin minor celebrity.  You'd think at some point during pre-production, one of them might have said something to the effect of, "Da fuh?"  

Anyway, I'm gonna watch the first one based on your commentary on here.  But after that, I'm holding out for the episode where Rob Lowe and the engine company get called out to a highway wreckage scene where a transgender tow truck driver with MAGA tendencies has been hurling rocks with racist messages written on them upon vehicles made in Italy and South Korea.  

edit:  dammit, chronological tie with Deej 

Edited by Lobo

I was just thinking, "this show seems like it is written by people who have never lived in Texas." Popped over to check the writing credits and sure the fuck enough, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York. Hell, Jim Parrack, born in Allen, Texas, moved to LA 19 years ago. This show is about as Texan as the Californians who moved to Austin after attending one ACL or SXSW.

Reminds me of an old, terrible show: Houston Knights.

Two cops go to interview a witness. They leave downtown...drive past the Imperial sugar site in Sugarland, then drive past NASA. Worst GPS route plan ever.

Props for the Houston Knights mention. Houston friends were like “This is gonna be bigger than Dallas!”