Richmond Rally - January 20, 2020

atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

If you see any Arc'Teryx LEAF gear in that crowd, they should be armed forces or LEO. Arc'Teryx will not sell their armed forces/leo gear to wannabes. Good policy. 

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/

Dibs on the Arc'Terybrandname. The raw materials for my armor plating will be sourced from the confiscated automobiles of deported immigrants, my gun lubricants sourced from the tears of their grade school aged children as they are seperated at the border. By the time those fucking morons realize it really is just piss, I'll be on the beach, making 20%.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that THESE are the faces of "gun rights"...

EOvGKQ5WkAETHWp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Does us no fucking favors.

When the rest of America thinks of "gun owners," they don't think of regular, sane people -- folks like you and me, who have firearms (maybe even several) for the type of purposes we grew up with: hunting, sport shooting, maybe home defense.  Instead, they think of these nimrods, who are fucking idiots just waiting, with their finger on the trigger, to start shootin'!

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.  But hey, the companies that make tactical gear and mags and AR accessories are cleaning up, and that's what's really important here.  Get while the gettin' is good, and damn the long-term consequences.

LOL, I knew exactly who was buying those garbage ass Bell + Howell tac glasses.  Fucking losers.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When the rest of America thinks of "gun owners," they don't think of regular, sane people -- folks like you and me, who have firearms (maybe even several) for the type of purposes we grew up with: hunting, sport shooting, maybe home defense.  Instead, they think of these nimrods, who are fucking idiots just waiting, with their finger on the trigger, to start shootin'!

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.  But hey, the companies that make tactical gear and mags and AR accessories are cleaning up, and that's what's really important here.  Get while the gettin' is good, and damn the long-term consequences.

It doesn't matter.  If it were black men parading guns in military gear, the Second Amendment would already have been rescinded.  Instead, it's white men, and they're cheered on by the federal government.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

I will never understand the horniness level some in this country have for guns and the lengths they take it to. Yes, it's your right to have them. Yeah, blah blah blah, American Revolution. Do people take their horniness level to the level of people like these LARPers for the other amendments in the Bill of Rights? I guess comedians used to back in the 50s and 60s when they were being hauled off over obscenity laws. Not a lot of people dressing up to make sure their 5th Amendment rights are not infringed. I guess you got guys like VAPA for the 4th Amendment. 

When all of the stuff about "incels" came out, a whole lot of this started to make sense.

I have "gun nuts" in my family, and one even works on the side as a pseudo-gunsmith, complete with his own little ATF-certified shop or whatever.  I own multiple guns myself, and just inherited a few more, but as far as I know, none of us has ever had the desire to put on camo and body armor, strap on a sidearm, sling a rifle, and go march in one of these things.    Sure, they'll post pro-2A stuff on FB and twitter, but the cosplay thing...some of those younger dudes gave off the vibe of the guy the cops pegged at the Dallas courthouse.  

Maybe it's because we all have a lot going on in our lives and don't want to jeopardize it.  Some of these dudes, they are like the hardcover video gamers, or the hardcore Star Trek or Star Wars fans, and this is pretty much their lives.   

5 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

There is already a federal background check system in place and the so-called "universal background check" has never been proven to be a deterrent to crime. Why should there be a limit on the number of handgun purchases you can make per month? Why should cities be allowed to circumvent state law?

Why not let the people of Virginia decide on that?   It's their state, and they elected the Democrats, partly because that's what the Democrats promised to do.

A limit on the number of handgun purchases is simply another waiting period, and there has been no problems with that in court.  And Virginia is wanting to give municipalities/etc. the right to restrict guns in certain areas, so that's not circumventing state law, that's the state giving some of the power back to the locals (I know, a foreign concept here in Texas).

5 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Why should a constitutional right be suspended on the accusation of a potential misdemeanor? Not as simple as Nate makes it out to be.

If we had strong red flag laws, quite a few mass shootings would have been prevented, which would mean a lot less pressure to ban guns outright.  Far too many of these mass shooters were giving off warning signs beforehand, were on medication or under some kind of psychiatric care, had restraining orders, etc.  and so when it happened, plenty of people were like "yep, I kind of expected he was going to do that!"

If you don't understand that, don't know what to tell you, other than every mass shooting is helping to chip away at our rights, and is speeding up the inevitable gun control will make the Assault Weapons Ban look tame.   And remember, the AWB did not go away because of any court ruling (and it was challenged extensively over its 10 years), it only went away because sunset provisions kicked in and Congress didn't renew it.  

That means the liberals have 10 years of watching and documenting the kinds of challenges to the AWB that gun-owners and advocacy groups made, so that when we get the next AWB, and we are going to get one, don't kid yourself for one moment that it won't happen when the liberals get the WH and the Senate, it's going to be far stronger than the one from 1994-2004, and they'll try to make it permanent.

And by the way, the Supreme Court ruled with Heller, that the 2A is not unlimited, does not preclude certain prohibitions, including banning felons and the mentally ill from owning firearms, as well as the ownership of certain "dangerous and unusual weapons".  Red flag laws tie right into Heller, and so far they are standing up in court.

Woke boomers: Listen to the young people, it's their chance to try and fix the country.

*Millennials overwhelming support M4A and Bernie"

Woke Boomers: You're going to bankrupt the country and get Trump elected again!!! Do we have to do everything for you!!

A thread explaining why M4A is important and why you can't listen to well-off fat white centrists.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I'll add a few more for the fear hawks.

Last time I checked black people were not allowed at white supremacist rallies. So all the fear mongering and ignorant comments show your true colors.

And it doesn't matter how many were there, the point is they were there. And voluntarily participating because they obviously believe in the same rights as the so called white supremacists.

Hell even if there had been only one black person in the whole crowd that is still one more than was on the stage last week at the democratic klan rally.

Some of you useful idiots should read a book or two on the history of gun control as well as the impact that the right to bear arms played during the civil rights movement. Supporting gun control is racist, so not shocked that democrats support it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I'll add a few more for the fear hawks.

Last time I checked black people were not allowed at white supremacist rallies. So all the fear mongering and ignorant comments show your true colors.

And it doesn't matter how many were there, the point is they were there. And voluntarily participating because they obviously believe in the same rights as the so called white supremacists.

Hell even if there had been only one black person in the whole crowd that is still one more than was on the stage last week at the democratic klan rally.

Some of you useful idiots should read a book or two on the history of gun control as well as the impact that the right to bear arms played during the civil rights movement. Supporting gun control is racist, so not shocked that democrats support it.

spacer.png

You are right, but that doesn't change the fact that the rally had a heavy white supremacist contingent. And as you say, it doesn't matter how many were there, the point is they were there.

I've owned a gun since I was 6 years old. I'm deeply aware of the role the second amendment and the threat of retributive violence played in the civil rights movement.  Cosplay dorks and masked thugs don't represent me and aren't defending your rights or mine. Very many of those people were acting like assholes and using guns as props. What separates me from them is that I actually take the second amendment seriously. And if you do (as I think you do),  you should consider whether being caught up in a coalition that includes QAnon nuts, sovereign citizens, preppers, dorks, weirdos and yes, white supremacists is actually defending something you care about or merely cloaking them with your respectability. 

it's a good idea to be careful about who you legitimize in common cause. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

Theres a match in there somewhere 94a9b1dd2c47ee9cbd045e8493cecccd.jpg

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You are right, but that doesn't change the fact that the rally had a heavy white supremacist contingent. And as you say, it doesn't matter how many were there, the point is they were there.

I've owned a gun since I was 6 years old. I'm deeply aware of the role the second amendment and the threat of retributive violence played in the civil rights movement.  Cosplay dorks and masked thugs don't represent me and aren't defending your rights or mine. Very many of those people were acting like assholes and using guns as props. What separates me from them is that I actually take the second amendment seriously. And if you do (as I think you do),  you should consider whether being caught up in a coalition that includes QAnon nuts, sovereign citizens, preppers, dorks, weirdos and yes, white supremacists is actually defending something you care about or merely cloaking them with your respectability. 

Apparently there was only 3 going. I haven't heard more than that.

10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Apparently there was only 3 going. I haven't heard more than that.

Only three were actively conspiring to commit acts of terrorism.  Otherwise, being a white supremacist dick isn't a crime, so you're not going to hear about any arrests of people for being white supremacists.  If you think that there weren't a good number of them in the crew in Va.....well, you need to see my listing for a bridge.  You should definitely buy it.

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

White supremacists can't be white supremacists because some black people believe in gun rights is an all-time take.

particularly when paired with drawing an equivalence between a 2020 democratic primary debate and a ku klux klan rally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No it did not have a heavy white supremacist contingent.  I'm sure there were racists in the crowd as they are everywhere in the country, and world.  It had a huge gun owning, mass of people 20-30,000 by my estimate: white, under 50 (the majority) black 7-15%, women 10-20%, Asians 1-5%.  It wasn't a bunch of old white guys.  There were definitely the wannabe military types, swatted out from head to toe.  A large cross section of people were represented.

I was there for a couple hours just watching, moving thru the different crowds in the streets around capitol square (which were broken up by design), talking to folks from all over the place.  I had a few clients there (2-3 white guys, and 2 black guys), a few lawyers, an ex F14 driver /naval academy grad, now an artist/business man (uber cool black guy). His wife would have been there, but she flew out to Rome for a work conference. I talked to lots of people from all over the state, and country, and a couple reporters from Switzerland covering the story. 

I talked to several black guys, and women/ girls, and asked point blank if they ever felt any unsavory presence or safety for their lives. Not a single one. This rally was attended by people from all walks of life, age, race, and sexual orientation.  So much for the BS racist narrative.

I've owned guns my whole life, but have no special love at all for them, They serve a purpose to hunt or for self defense. If the state limits rounds in a clip I have no problem with that, better background checks, great. One hand gun a month, don't agree. 

The red laws are pure Bullshit (similar to drug money/vehicle confiscation laws).  The state is trying to end run confiscate semi autos by saying you have to make them inoperable, and if you own a 20 round clip you're now a felon. 

55 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Actually, they are defending your rights. If the cosplay dorks and masked thugs lose their 2A rights, do you somehow think that you won't lose yours? What makes your rights untouchable, but not theirs? 

I'm sure some of the causes/rights you support have masked thugs, cosplay dorks, nuts and other types of weirdos. Does that devalue your support of the same rights and causes? There is no purity tests in these things.

28 minutes ago, Foosters said:

White supremacists can't be white supremacists because some black people believe in gun rights is an all-time take.

No more than making blanket statements about a whole crowd of people that you know nothing about. You can't tell me how many racists/white supremacists were there, only that they had to be there to fit the prejudice you believe in. 

25 minutes ago, sidis said:

particularly when paired with drawing an equivalence between a 2020 democratic primary debate and a ku klux klan rally.

Gun control has long been a tool of racists. Who supports gun contol, now?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

No more than making blanket statements about a whole crowd of people that you know nothing about. You can't tell me how many racists/white supremacists were there, only that they had to be there to fit the prejudice you believe in. 

hahaa

says the guy who just called a democratic party event a KKK rally.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yes your purely anecdotal story that's totally not bullshit at all totally destroys that narrative!

My anecdotal story is me being on site instead of the BS story telling here.  I was there I know what I saw and heard. You sit somewhere in the middle of nowhere and pontificate about something you know nothing about.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

My anecdotal story is me being on site instead of the BS story telling here.  I was there I know what I saw and heard. You sit somewhere in the middle of nowhere and pontificate about something you know nothing about.

I actually agree with you for the most part. You were there, your observations should not be discounted. That said, there were tons of Proud Boys there yesterday.  Tons.  Many wearing badges that have "RWDS" on them.  That stands for "Right Wing Death Squad."

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm not pontificating on anything except the fact that you're completely full of shit.

I have no idea what the demographics were. I have my guesses, and I know what they weren't (whatever you said). That's about all.

Edited by BradInATX

46 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No it did not have a heavy white supremacist contingent.  I'm sure there were racists in the crowd as they are everywhere in the country, and world.  It had a huge gun owning, mass of people 20-30,000 by my estimate: white, under 50 (the majority) black 7-15%, women 10-20%, Asians 1-5%.  It wasn't a bunch of old white guys.  There were definitely the wannabe military types, swatted out from head to toe.  A large cross section of people were represented.

I was there for a couple hours just watching, moving thru the different crowds in the streets around capitol square (which were broken up by design), talking to folks from all over the place.  I had a few clients there (2-3 white guys, and 2 black guys), a few lawyers, an ex F14 driver /naval academy grad, now an artist/business man (uber cool black guy). His wife would have been there, but she flew out to Rome for a work conference. I talked to lots of people from all over the state, and country, and a couple reporters from Switzerland covering the story. 

I talked to several black guys, and women/ girls, and asked point blank if they ever felt any unsavory presence or safety for their lives. Not a single one. This rally was attended by people from all walks of life, age, race, and sexual orientation.  So much for the BS racist narrative.

I've owned guns my whole life, but have no special love at all for them, They serve a purpose to hunt or for self defense. If the state limits rounds in a clip I have no problem with that, better background checks, great. One hand gun a month, don't agree. 

The red laws are pure Bullshit (similar to drug money/vehicle confiscation laws).  The state is trying to end run confiscate semi autos by saying you have to make them inoperable, and if you own a 20 round clip you're now a felon. 

...and yet you went to Richmond for this particular gun rally?

22 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Gun control has long been a tool of racists. Who supports gun contol, now?

spacer.png

You're better than this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brothahorn said:

No, you were going to give me some BS about blacks being there/supporting it. And then you realized how much of a hypocrite you would be.

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You're better than this. 

No, apparently he's not.

36 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Actually, they are defending your rights. If the cosplay dorks and masked thugs lose their 2A rights, do you somehow think that you won't lose yours? What makes your rights untouchable, but not theirs? 

I'm sure some of the causes/rights you support have masked thugs, cosplay dorks, nuts and other types of weirdos. Does that devalue your support of the same rights and causes? There is no purity tests in these things.

Holy bad strawmen, Batman! When you wrote that did you actually think I'd take the bait?  

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You're better than this. 

I'm following along with everyone else, where we make baseless assumptions about a group of people that we don't agree with. 

But on a serious note, if I believe that gun control is racist and those folks are support it..then I guess that's what they are.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Holy bad strawmen, Batman! When you wrote that did you actually think I'd take the bait?  

No bait given. You seriously think because you're not one of the group described that you're above losing your 2A rights? If you lived in Virginia and the proposed law passes, you would be losing the same rights as everyone else. If you're ok with that then fine, that's your choice.