Todd Orlando to be DC at USC?

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The worst part for them has to be that he always has a first year bump, then turns into a pumpkin. It's the perfect storm for retaining Helton and walking the wilderness for another year.

Yeah that's why I'll be rooting for them to win the conference next year, potentially extending this already insanely long period of Clay Helton being Probably Fired by years

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Time for the first-year bump and then the terminal decline

CFB in 2020 is gonna be so fun to watch. Pirate and Freshwater in the SEC. Harrell and Orlando at USC. Year 2 for Mack at UNC. aggy thinking they have a shot at the playoff.

There are a ton of great developments to follow. Hopefully Texas doesn’t suck ass again and ruin my enjoyment of all of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

CFB in 2020 is gonna be so fun to watch. Pirate and Freshwater in the SEC. Harrell and Orlando at USC. Year 2 for Mack at UNC. aggy thinking they have a shot at the playoff.

There are a ton of great developments to follow. Hopefully Texas doesn’t suck ass again and ruin my enjoyment of all of them. 

Well, the man himself pictured above you post has done what he can do for you.

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Helton complimented Orlando back when we played them. Said he was a "master of the art of confusion" or something. He's had a crush on Todd for a while.

I guess Helton doesn't know that Todd lost his mind and decided to master the art of confusing his own players.

Or--and hear me out on this one--Helton is clearly a very terrible coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Confusion is the game plan of anyone who has no idea what the fuck they are doing. The hallmark even.

Yeah but there’s a difference between someone who’s a master of confusion and someone who’s just a hobbyist of confusion. We’ve employed some true masters lately. 

The ESPN crawl I saw last night was pretty amusing:

”USC hires Todd Orlando as new DC...Clancy Pendergast was let go following the Holiday Bowl after finishing 78th in total defense...Orlando was at Texas previous 3 seasons,  and was fired on Dec. 1 after finishing 97th in total defense.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

The ESPN crawl I saw last night was pretty amusing:

”USC hires Todd Orlando as new DC...Clancy Pendergast was let go following the Holiday Bowl after finishing 78th in total defense...Orlando was at Texas previous 3 seasons,  and was fired on Dec. 1 after finishing 97th in total defense.”

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Good for Orlando.  He gets to “coach baww” at another blue blood while collecting a cool mil and change from us.  He will do reasonably well because the pac12 is mostly garbage.

I wonder how good their nose tackle is. His defense seems to need an NFL-level one to function.

Edited by texifornia

He's good the first season because he'll teach the base of the scheme. The base is sound. It's when he thinks, "ok, now that they understand the base, let's see how much we can complicate it with excessive moving parts," that things go sideways.

Watch.

23 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Good for Orlando.  He gets to “coach baww” at another blue blood while collecting a cool mil and change from us.  He will do reasonably well because the pac12 is mostly garbage.

The BIG XII was garbage this past year and he did not do well. So I would not say he is going to do well due to the other teams being garbage. I think he will give them 1 decent year. Players hopefully have some hold over fundamentals before he screws them up. He will keep it simple the first year and will not need to make adjustments as OC's in the PAC get to know him. After this year he will have all his players missing the most tackles in their careers and he will be unable to adjust to the way the PAC OCs attack him. Helton and him will be gone.

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even if USC DB coach is a better gig than he otherwise could’ve gotten, I’m pretty surprised Naivar is willing to hitch his wagon to Orlando again. 

Orlando?  Sheeit isn't Helton on the hotseat too?  They'll probably all be gone next December. Hell naivar might get to be the HC for USCs bowl game.

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

• 9 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 9:59 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I have every expectation that that fucking blockhead will actually show up and do none of the crazy, asinine shit he did all season at Texas. Just watch, because that's how it fucking works. 

😂😂😂  "That Todd"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

"The Trojans are allowing 6.1 yards per play early this season, down from 5.7 a year ago."   If you stack 6.1 blocks and 5.7 blocks, which stack is higher?
I found this to be the more shocking quote from that article:
Clay Helton fired Clancy Pendergast and hired Todd Orlando as defensive coordinator to help simplify things for the defense and allow them to play a bit faster.

ConcreteYellowAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif