Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

Guest Lobo

It's not about liking it, you coddled dumbfuck.  It's about whether or not we should be using Central Texas water to grow it when it sucks to even on a good day.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's not about liking it, you coddled dumbfuck.  It's about whether or not we should be using Central Texas water to grow it when it sucks to even on a good day.  

Spectacular English. Dumbfuck.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, huh?  Well, the ocean just called and they're running out of shrimp.  

Sorry, sensitive topic for me.  Every year, I gotta spend a few weeks from keeping it from going under the fence into my yard.  It's not even that nice looking.  it's the perfect analogy for what the idea of good grass looks like in the minds of people who wear Vineyard Bay clothing or "Salt LIfe" of whatever the fuck.  I think it works/looks good in Houston area/Gulf Coast areas...but it has zero fucking business in Central Texas.  none, irresponsible in all manner.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Every year, I gotta spend a few weeks from keeping it from going under the fence into my yard. 

This is a legit gripe. If you plant St Augustine you better ask your neighbors if they like it too.

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"Salt LIfe"

Lol. I can't see those two things mixing.

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, G650 said:

This is a legit gripe. If you plant St Augustine you better ask your neighbors if they like it too.

Lol. I can't see those two things mixing.

Yeah, not the actual bio-physics, more like the people with the shirts and the people with responsible lawn coverings.  The venn diagram of Texas grasses, politics, watering policies, and t-shirt purchases is a nasty, complicated bitch o' shapes.  

I’ve been shooting the neighborhood rabbits with a 1200 FPS pellet gun—a good solution when you’re too close to use a firearm. Although I’m trying to be discrete, I’m sure Karen is going to notice sooner or later. I’m waiting for the post on Nextdoor. 

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, G650 said:

That I live by the ocean?

And we're all very proud of your locality to Suwanee, FL.  America's armpit of the coast.  ;) 

16 hours ago, nnm said:

I’ve been shooting the neighborhood rabbits with a 1200 FPS pellet gun—a good solution when you’re too close to use a firearm. Although I’m trying to be discrete, I’m sure Karen is going to notice sooner or later. I’m waiting for the post on Nextdoor. 

If you are eating them, we've got no problems.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

If you are eating them, we've got no problems.

Nah. I’ve eaten plenty of rabbits in my day.  We used to raise them for meat when I was a kid, and we shot and ate a fair number of wild rabbits also. But not these scrawny little neighborhood cottontails. I just use a shovel to pitch the carcasses into the green belt next door. The buzzards and coyotes make sure they’re gone in a day or two.

Got two this morning when I was taking care of the landscaping and backyard garden. One of them I got right by my front walk, in full view of the other houses. Karen is bound to call it in. 

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Was looking to see if I’ve been reported on Nextdoor yet. The answer is no. But I came across this thread in which someone was looking for ways to control squirrels. In the thread was this exchange between Todd and Selina-Marie.

I think Todd and I could be friends. 

spacer.png

you should tell Todd to bbq them with Serrano.

7 hours ago, nnm said:

Was looking to see if I’ve been reported on Nextdoor yet. The answer is no. But I came across this thread in which someone was looking for ways to control squirrels. In the thread was this exchange between Todd and Selina-Marie.

spacer.png

Liquid smoke

DBDC7-A28-1-BD4-4-F96-8690-448017-BC9-B93.jpg
Ha, howdy neighbor. Todd is one of my favorites too. We need to get him on Surly.
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 4:21 PM, Lobo said:

Every fucking street in Texas has the cock-sucking piece of shit that wants to grow St. Augustine grass.  9 times outta 10, in my experience, it's a guy who says, "I'm 5th generation Texan.  I hunt, I fish.  I know what's what.  I respect nature."  But the dumb fuck is the reason we're running out of water and I look forward to him dying soon.  The absolutely disgusting disrespect that some "outdoorsman" pay to Texas' resources blows me away.  As we say among groups of people with normal intelligence...you're either a Conservationist, a Preservationist, or a "Saint Augustine Sportsman"  If you don't know how water, flora, and fauna work...stay the fuck inside. 

Don't you live in/around Austin?  You must be pissed all the time.  That shit is in just about every single yard.

I'm kind of curious the specific beef here. St Augustine is one of the more drought resistant grasses, and doesn't take more than average water. I guess he thinks everyone should be going with rock front yards or something?

I actually don't even have it in my yard here, where it's probably the most common grass. I only commented to fuck with Lobo, but now I'm intrigued.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

The only thing more self-absorbed than you is St. Augustine grass.  Bear in mind, I'm talking about Central Texas climates.  The grass has different needs in different parts of the country.  Now, to keep it truly green, Zoysia and Bermuda need about the same amount of water as Saint Augustine.  But to just say alive and not be overrun with weeds, Saint Augustine requires more water than those other two.  Obviously different sprinkler systems and different levels of maintenance discipline will make results vary, but overall Saint Augustine needs more water than those other two breeds of grass.  Just biological fact, but Player--you do you.  Sling names and pretend you know anything about the outdoors.  

I actually wouldn't mind St. Augustine as much if my neighbor's didn't constantly go under my fence and creep into mine.  And the other side, I got a guy pushing 50 who thinks it's still cool to grow bamboo between him and his own back neighbor, and still doesn't understand how they foster mosquitoes.  My self-righteousness aside, water and mosquitoes are issues in Central Texas.  Those are just facts which are no longer allowed in the Covid-19 era.  So I'll hang up and listen...

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

I don't blame you.  I'm an emotional handful.  But my grass doesn't dare venture under the fence into the neighbor's yard.  Nor do my oak branches, never pass along oak wilt, invasive weeds spread, no mosquito festering water pools, or any other undesired flora of any kind.  And I do it myself without day laborers or pesticides.  And a lot of people ask me, "how do you do it?"  Simple, I go outside each night at dusk and read the exchanges I have with Player, Pilot's Error, CTJ, and Rex Kramer to the various trees, grasses, weeds, and insects I want to die and they just commit ritualistic hari kari.  It used to be sad, but the kids really seem to enjoy it now.  

Seriously though, I have noticed a lot of guys stuck at home now probably noticing how many f'd up branches they have on their trees "trying" to prune.  And the City really needs to clamp down on this shit.  Unless it's an immediate threat to fall on your kids in the back yard or the house....don't fucking touch until July 

3 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm kind of curious the specific beef here. St Augustine is one of the more drought resistant grasses, and doesn't take more than average water. I guess he thinks everyone should be going with rock front yards or something?

I actually don't even have it in my yard here, where it's probably the most common grass. I only commented to fuck with Lobo, but now I'm intrigued.

I mean it's good enough for Arizona...

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

The only thing more self-absorbed than you is St. Augustine grass.  Bear in mind, I'm talking about Central Texas climates.  The grass has different needs in different parts of the country.  Now, to keep it truly green, Zoysia and Bermuda need about the same amount of water as Saint Augustine.  But to just say alive and not be overrun with weeds, Saint Augustine requires more water than those other two.  Obviously different sprinkler systems and different levels of maintenance discipline will make results vary, but overall Saint Augustine needs more water than those other two breeds of grass.  Just biological fact, but Player--you do you.  Sling names and pretend you know anything about the outdoors.  

I actually wouldn't mind St. Augustine as much if my neighbor's didn't constantly go under my fence and creep into mine.  And the other side, I got a guy pushing 50 who thinks it's still cool to grow bamboo between him and his own back neighbor, and still doesn't understand how they foster mosquitoes.  My self-righteousness aside, water and mosquitoes are issues in Central Texas.  Those are just facts which are no longer allowed in the Covid-19 era.  So I'll hang up and listen...

You need a drink when you're at the therapist.

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Drinking while doing my own lawnwork, now that's cathartic.  Y'all really need to stop taking the shit we say on here so seriously.  Except the mosquito and oak wilt shit, that's where I draw the fucking line.  

That flyover just now was fucking awesome, totes for real.  

11 hours ago, G650 said:

Central Texas has been taken over by Californians, and idiots from Chicago.  There has been an influx over the last few decades, causing an issue with the water supply.  Personally, I hate the Bermuda that grows naturally in the greenbelt behind my house, that constantly tries to wreak havoc on my St Augustine.  But since my part of Texas is basically at sea level, our water issues are typically from having too much.  And really, watering for 5 mins 2x a week will keep up a SA yard very well.  Maybe 3x during the middle of summer. Having well maintained sprinkler systems would save enough wasted water for everyone to have SA, like God intended. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Central Texas has been taken over by Californians, and idiots from Chicago.  There has been an influx over the last few decades, causing an issue with the water supply.  Personally, I hate the Bermuda that grows naturally in the greenbelt behind my house, that constantly tries to wreak havoc on my St Augustine.  But since my part of Texas is basically at sea level, our water issues are typically from having too much.  And really, watering for 5 mins 2x a week will keep up a SA yard very well.  Maybe 3x during the middle of summer. Having well maintained sprinkler systems would save enough wasted water for everyone to have SA, like God intended. 

If God intended St Augustine to exist in Austin He would have made it native to this area...

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Really, we can't talk grass smack during a quarantine?  What else am I supposed to stare out the window and shout at?  

To be fair, a properly maintained sprinkler system and a properly maintained lawn won't present an issue for any neighbor even with Saint Augustine grasses.    However, I've noticed many Texans seem to...how you say "outsource" their sprinkler and lawn maintenance to lowly-paid laborers who don't give a shit, and I don't blame them.  We live at the edge of a desert, plant and maintain accordingly.  some of you must be serious disappointments to your fathers. 

Guest Lobo
18 minutes ago, McFly said:

Fuck you. My father's St. Augustine is gorgeous. He taught me everything I know about exterior irrigation.

As opposed to interior irrigation?  Cut off and dry me out some cush...daddy needs his medicine.