Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

"Kinda hard to miss... they've been doing it for at least a week now.  I've seen groups of 10 or more people at a time, so far all guys and most without shirts on, playing basketball in the court near the parking lot."

Just now, Okie State said:

I neglect the hell out of my St. Augustine and it still looks okay. Not the best in the neighborhood, but not bad.

I mean, that's it's best feature. It's not great to walk on, but you can drive cars over it to no ill effect it's so tough.

I mean, that's it's best feature. It's not great to walk on, but you can drive cars over it to no ill effect it's so tough.
Yeah I have no issues with it. I live in the Houston area though so we get enough rain to offset my constantly breaking sprinklers.

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

As opposed to interior irrigation?  Cut off and dry me out some cush...daddy needs his medicine.  

14 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So basically everything you know is "use lots and lots of water and chemicals on the lawn"

30f556522e5aaa2835d6d79e9ba3d990.jpg

spacer.png

There is a post about dead rabbits in my neighborhood after all. That photo is about 50 yards from my house. The likelihood is that said rabbit was gut shot and staggered out in the street to die, not that he was killed by a speeding truck. I guess I’ve been discreet enough to avoid the wrath of the Karens (and Mallikas) so far. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nnm said:

spacer.png

There is a post about dead rabbits in my neighborhood after all. That photo is about 50 yards from my house. The likelihood is that said rabbit was gut shot and staggered out in the street to die, not that he was killed by a speeding truck. I guess I’ve been discreet enough to avoid the wrath of the Karens (and Mallikas) so far. 

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

Did someone mention Dead Rabbits?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, nnm said:

spacer.png

Is there a dead rabbit in these pics?  I'm too distracted by all that bullshit St. Augustine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, lockport said:

I uninstalled the app a few years ago because I found it insufferable but this thread is making me want to get it again to see all the Karen antics 

No joke.  I signed up today because I wanted to check on the routine for bulk trash removal.  Good Lord.   

People bitching about wearing masks.

People bitching about not wearing masks.

People bitching because a bagger at Tom Thumb wasn't working hard enough.

And, more topical... People bitching because their bulk trash wasn't being picked up in a timely manner.  

And some lady trying to sell two red, hard-covered books for $200 for "decoration".  I.E. the books weren't collector's items, antiques, signed by the original author, or anything else special. Just two books that, I guess, you could pay $200 for to put on a shelf to make it look better.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

And some lady trying to sell two red, hard-covered books for $200 for "decoration".  I.E. the books weren't collector's items, antiques, signed by the original author, or anything else special. Just two books that, I guess, you could pay $200 for to put on a shelf to make it look better.

Some lady on Nextdoor, guaranteed:
Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

No joke.  I signed up today because I wanted to check on the routine for bulk trash removal.  Good Lord.   

People bitching about wearing masks.

People bitching about not wearing masks.

People bitching because a bagger at Tom Thumb wasn't working hard enough.

And, more topical... People bitching because their bulk trash wasn't being picked up in a timely manner.  

Pretty decent summary of Nextdoor.

Hannah needs to check her sources.  This wasn't a rat snake in Mueller.  This was a blue indigo pulled that climbed out of the toilet near Beeville about three years ago.  This was my buddy's family ranch house.  He faced a rash of shit when that female deputy had to come save him.  It crawled into the vanity and she was able to get it out from there.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Karen;

Sorry Karen

Neighborhood social networking app Nextdoor says it is discontinuing its Forward to Police feature which let users send message board posts directly to local police, Bloomberg CityLab reported. The site has been under increasing scrutiny for how it handles communications with law enforcement, and for how it handles racism among members on its app.

Edited by Brothahorn

I'm not sure it's surprising, but it's definitely mind numbing how many people on Nextdoor still don't understand the purpose of wearing masks in public. I mean, we're what? 100+ days into this thing? Willful ignorance. Surrounded by morons.
It's definitely ignorance, willful or otherwise. The leader of their doesn't like them, so neither do they.
  • Like 2

People like it when they have a shorthand way to tell others around them that they don't care what others think/don't play by society's rules/aren't gonna be bossed around/etc.  

The absence of the mask to them says the same things to us that their truck's bumper stickers do.  

Having said that, if I could get Ed Hardy to design a Covid mask, I think I'd make millions.  

D3-DEA097-E096-4-EC3-896-F-0-B0-C5-DAAA6

Not a single reply said anything to the effect of “Tell them not to write on the walls and, when they do, discipline them.”  No one. Nope, just “make them a place on the wall they can draw,” or “put frames around the scribbles on the wall,” or some such nonsense. 
Good luck with those kids when they hit their teenage years. 

• Like 4