Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

My old man used to drive us all around Dallas in the bed of his pickup in the 80s. Although probably not on 103 degree days. Ahhhh, those fun, carelessly irresponsible times....

used to ride around in the bed of pickups all the time, too.   obviously not the safest idea in retrospect.

4 minutes ago, bularry1 said:

used to ride around in the bed of pickups all the time, too.   obviously not the safest idea in retrospect.

Myself and another guy caught a ride up to Dallas to watch the 1996 Blow U game with third guy who was sharing a hotel we had reserved for Friday and Saturday. There were 4 hotel rooms that we fit probably 25 guys in.  And the plan was, we would drive back on Sunday with the same driver. . 

We end up losing the game in OT, against one of the worst OU teams ever to see the field,  mood is a bit down.  So important side note: no cell phones being used by everyone in 1996.

I cant find the driver who both drove us to Dallas, and also to Fair Park.  

Eventually meet up with some other hotel-mates, they get us back to the hotel.... where I find out that our driver was so fucking pissed that we lost the game, he had driven straight to the hotel, packed his shit AND FUCKING LEFT FOR AUSTIN  without even checking to see if the 2 guys that he had driven with him, you know, might need a FUCKING RIDE BACK! 

All the rest of the hotel-mates have no empty seats in their cars. We are seriously up shit creek, unless we can catch a bus to Austin, we are going to be stuck in Dallas for a little time.

Finally, one of the guys tells us he does have room in the bed of his truck,  so we bundle up, and knowing its unsafe as shit, we still lay down in the bed of the truck to stay out of the wind for the whole 3 hour drive 70MPH .  Not a fun time.   The driver to this day DNGAF, his opinion was that he gave us a ride, he didnt promise we had a guaranteed ride back.   Of course I pointed out that he never fucking told us he might leave early at any point from us accepting the ride, through the drive up to Dallas and the hours of tailgating leading up to the game.

fucker.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Myself and another guy caught a ride up to Dallas to watch the 1996 Blow U game with third guy who was sharing a hotel we had reserved for Friday and Saturday. There were 4 hotel rooms that we fit probably 25 guys in.  And the plan was, we would drive back on Sunday with the same driver. . 

We end up losing the game in OT, against one of the worst OU teams ever to see the field,  mood is a bit down.  So important side note: no cell phones being used by everyone in 1996.

I cant find the driver who both drove us to Dallas, and also to Fair Park.  

Eventually meet up with some other hotel-mates, they get us back to the hotel.... where I find out that our driver was so fucking pissed that we lost the game, he had driven straight to the hotel, packed his shit AND FUCKING LEFT FOR AUSTIN  without even checking to see if the 2 guys that he had driven with him, you know, might need a FUCKING RIDE BACK! 

All the rest of the hotel-mates have no empty seats in their cars. We are seriously up shit creek, unless we can catch a bus to Austin, we are going to be stuck in Dallas for a little time.

Finally, one of the guys tells us he does have room in the bed of his truck,  so we bundle up, and knowing its unsafe as shit, we still lay down in the bed of the truck to stay out of the wind for the whole 3 hour drive 70MPH .  Not a fun time.   The driver to this day DNGAF, his opinion was that he gave us a ride, he didnt promise we had a guaranteed ride back.   Of course I pointed out that he never fucking told us he might leave early at any point from us accepting the ride, through the drive up to Dallas and the hours of tailgating leading up to the game.

fucker.

That's one fuck that deserved a beating

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

...The driver to this day DNGAF, his opinion was that he gave us a ride, he didnt promise we had a guaranteed ride back.   Of course I pointed out that he never fucking told us he might leave early at any point from us accepting the ride, through the drive up to Dallas and the hours of tailgating leading up to the game.

fucker.

So which fkn shagster is it?  

I’ve called 911 once in my life...this year at ROT two golf carts collided, tossing two ladies onto the ground with one appearing to have a pretty good head injury...of course the drunken geniuses decide tolling her around on the pavement was a good idea, glad there were no apparent neck or spinal injuries.

All the women were screaming and the dudes were talking about how someone should call 911...dumb ass, talking about it accomplishes nothing. Bystander syndrome in full effect.

This went down this morning. The back and forth between these two is down now, but the lead left up her comment calling one of them Captain Obvious. This poster had his front door egged by teenagers last night and posted the Ring video asking for help ID’ing the kids for the police report. This was the response to a suggestion to talk with the parents.
e3bbbfd2901654c2b3c7deadca7015bc.png

On 7/5/2018 at 5:59 PM, Anwar Namtut said:

My sister and I rode in the back of our pickup a good portion to and from our Disneyland vacation in 1980. We had a canopy on it, so out of the weather. But we would have been fucked in a crash.

My cousins and I would ride in the back of my grandpa’s truck to the lake, 30 miles away.  No one rode in the cab with grandpa because he would chain smoke Camel non-filters with the windows rolled up the whole way.

My old man used to drive us all around Dallas in the bed of his pickup in the 80s. Although probably not on 103 degree days. Ahhhh, those fun, carelessly irresponsible times....

We used to sit on top of the truck’s tool box cruising down the highway. I don’t think we were loved like we thought at the time.

46 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

We used to sit on top of the truck’s tool box cruising down the highway. I don’t think we were loved like we thought at the time.

I'd sit in my dads lap, beer in one hand, he'd let me run the wheel while he worked the peddles down the country roads around bastrop. Those were different times.  

1 reply in the continuous firework thread -   And in addition to terrifying pets and those with ptsd, fireworks kill many birds, who are frightened from their perches at night and fly disoriented into walls.
Not going to research it, but this seems like bullshit.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, jimmyjazz said:

My buddy and I used to transport his dog in the back of his pickup truck.  And by "dog", I mean his younger brother.  And sometimes my buddy would hit the brakes really hard and his dog would fly forward and bang his head on the back window of the cab, and then he'd cry for a while.  Ever heard a dog cry?  Sounds eerily like a 13 YO boy.

Jack Handey?

My buddy and I used to transport his dog in the back of his pickup truck.  And by "dog", I mean his younger brother.  And sometimes my buddy would hit the brakes really hard and his dog would fly forward and bang his head on the back window of the cab, and then he'd cry for a while.  Ever heard a dog cry?  Sounds eerily like a 13 YO boy.

Dying on this one...

On 7/5/2018 at 11:59 AM, Anwar Namtut said:

My sister and I rode in the back of our pickup a good portion to and from our Disneyland vacation in 1980. We had a canopy on it, so out of the weather. But we would have been fucked in a crash.

Like from Texas?!!   Why did your parents hate y’all?  Was there no room in the cab of the truck?  So many questions lol

On 7/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, Baern214 said:

This went down this morning. The back and forth between these two is down now, but the lead left up her comment calling one of them Captain Obvious. This poster had his front door egged by teenagers last night and posted the Ring video asking for help ID’ing the kids for the police report. This was the response to a suggestion to talk with the parents.
e3bbbfd2901654c2b3c7deadca7015bc.png

Yes a snowflake liberal would never order a breakfast "burrito" from Chik Fil A.

• Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My cousins and I would ride in the back of my grandpa’s truck to the lake, 30 miles away.  No one rode in the cab with grandpa because he would chain smoke Camel non-filters with the windows rolled up the whole way.

Change "truck" to "El Camino" and this is my grandpa.  He'd buy a new one when the ashtray got full

The truck we used to harass my friend's little brother was a hand-me-down from his farmer grandpa.  The dash was (of course) solid American steel, with a heavy coating of rust that built up from decades of spitting his tobacco juice out in the cab.  He said it was better there than out the window "because that shit is bad for the crops".

On 7/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, Jerry Callo said:
1 reply in the continuous firework thread -

And in addition to terrifying pets and those with ptsd, fireworks kill many birds, who are frightened from their perches at night and fly disoriented into walls.

I had a pigeon smash into my office window on Friday, so this hits close to home.  

• Like 1