Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

On 7/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, TxPhile said:

image.thumb.png.02d84c2cb3cf4cbee243fa32a0d8c191.png

image.thumb.png.ba5c938d7eec5c8b39e5bcb03af46875.png

Not to be all conspiracy-theory or anything, but a quick look at the CAD shows the neighbor has a large shed along their property line that is NOT depicted on the CAD map. Think someone at the CAD has a lot of explaining to do regarding the tax assessment this guy is getting due to them having the shed on the wrong lot.

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

We nicknamed a girl in high school snickers because she stuck a snickers in her cootch at a party in front of several people. 

Your posts don't reveal you to be the same age as South Austin's Mom...but here you are.  Kudos to you sir, for hanging with the young folks.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today's freakout is that Sirhan Sirhan's parole hearing is coming up, DA Gascon is a notorious softy and is not protesting his release, and since he grew up in north Pasadena/Altadena (our hood), that's where he would likely be released to.  A) he won't get released, and b) if in the 1 in a million chance he does, his first order of business won't be to start murdering your children.  But of course it devolved into "tough on crime" vs "soft on crime" which then devolved into "if you're tough on crime you're racist."  It's been entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Ha, right as I typed that, he gets paroled.  Shows what I know.  I better stay in California so I know if I commit a major crime, I'll get a slap on the wrist.  Hopefully he goes Brooks Hatlen cuz he can't handle life on the outside.

Please check in as "Safe" periodically so that we know you haven't been bludgeoned to death by Sirhan Sirhan.

Best regards,

Steel Shank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Like being imprisoned for 53 years? 

Isn't that way above average for a murder charge? 

He was sentenced to death in '69, but it was commuted to life in prison WITH the possibility of parole in '72 when CA abolished the death penalty.  You tend to get a more severe sentence when you murder the presumptive next president.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

He was sentenced to death in '69, but it was commuted to life in prison WITH the possibility of parole in '72 when CA abolished the death penalty.  You tend to get a more severe sentence when you murder the presumptive next president.

Which is kind of silly. Basically admitting some lives are worth more than others. Which... is true but a weird stance to take in a court of law. 

53 years seems about right to me. He spent basically his entire adult life in prison. Let him go die somewhere peacefully. 

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Today's freakout is that Sirhan Sirhan's parole hearing is coming up, DA Gascon is a notorious softy and is not protesting his release, and since he grew up in north Pasadena/Altadena (our hood), that's where he would likely be released to.  A) he won't get released, and b) if in the 1 in a million chance he does, his first order of business won't be to start murdering your children.  But of course it devolved into "tough on crime" vs "soft on crime" which then devolved into "if you're tough on crime you're racist."  It's been entertaining.

devolution is very entertaining

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, Sbbruin said:

Please tell me there is a recording...

By “entertaining” I hope you mean “like taking a knife to the eyeball”

On 8/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

By Rory Kennedy

Ms. Kennedy is a documentary filmmaker. She is the youngest child of Robert Kennedy, the New York senator and presidential candidate assassinated in June 1968.

I never met my father. When Sirhan Sirhan murdered him in the kitchen hallway of the Ambassador Hotel in front of scores of witnesses, my mother was three months pregnant with me. Of my 10 older brothers and sisters, Kathleen, the eldest, was 16, and Douglas, the youngest, was little more than 1. I was born six months after my father’s death. My mother and the majority of my siblings agree with what I now write, although a couple do not. But I will say, for myself, while that night of terrible loss has not defined my life, it has had impact beyond measure.

In 1969, when Mr. Sirhan was found guilty by a jury of his peers and sentenced to death, I was barely a toddler. I know, as it is part of the historical record, that my uncle Teddy sent a five-page handwritten letter to the district attorney in a last-minute plea to save the condemned assassin’s life. The letter invoked my father’s beliefs: “My brother was a man of love and sentiment and compassion. He would not have wanted his death to be a cause for the taking of another life.”

Despite this plea, Superior Court Judge Herbert Walker upheld the sentence, ruling that Mr. Sirhan should “die in the manner prescribed by law,” which in California in 1969 was the gas chamber. There was no consideration of future rehabilitation. The court’s decision seemed based entirely upon the prevailing conception of justice in California at that time: As my father was taken forever, so too should Mr. Sirhan be.

My father’s murder was absolute, irreversible, a painful truth that I have had to live with every day of my life; he was indeed taken forever. Because he was killed before I was born, it meant I never had the chance to see my father’s face and he never had the chance to see mine. He never tossed me in the air, taught me to ride a bicycle, dropped me off at my freshman dorm, walked me down the aisle.

For America, the price of my father’s life and ambitions cut short has been incalculable — for the thousands of young men who died in Vietnam as the war my father opposed ground on for nearly seven more years, for the millions living in poverty or under the yoke of racism, for the wrongfully convicted who have languished behind prison walls, for the generation of would-be leaders whose hopes and dreams my father carried with him. Who knows what his death has cost?

In 1972, the U.S. Supreme Court declared the death penalty unconstitutional and suspended it. At the time, “life without parole” was not yet an alternative in California; it wouldn’t take effect there for another six years. Mr. Sirhan’s sentence was commuted to “life with the possibility of parole.” Because of this, in legal terms, the word “forever” was taken off the table. This is just an explanation, not an argument; the way it touches upon our specific notions of justice are deeply personal. But the fact stands that while my father would be dead forever, Mr. Sirhan was not sentenced to prison forever.

I return to Uncle Teddy’s words: “My brother was a man of love and sentiment and compassion.” These are qualities I greatly admire, but I wonder, was Mr. Sirhan not already shown compassion when his death sentence was commuted to life in prison? It is a high-minded notion, after all, the belief that everyone — everyone — deserves a chance for rehabilitation and, after having served enough time in prison, even parole. Did Uncle Teddy ever imagine, in asking the court for compassion, that the man who killed his brother might one day walk free? I do not think so.

And what I do know is that Mr. Sirhan is not someone deserving of parole. I believe this despite last week’s recommendation by the Los Angeles County parole board’s two-member panel to consider his release.

For prisoners sentenced to life, parole is based on evidence of their suitability for release — and to a significant degree, that means evidence of rehabilitation. At the time of the assassination, Mr. Sirhan admitted his guilt. At the time of the trial, he moved to plead guilty to murder in the first degree. Yet, across the decades that followed, right up through last week, he has not been willing to accept responsibility for his act and has shown little remorse. At his previous parole hearing, in 2016, when asked by Commissioner Brian Roberts to explain how he was involved in the murder, Mr. Sirhan replied, “I was there, and I supposedly shot a gun.”

The commissioner kept pressing: “I’m asking you to tell me what you believe you’re responsible for.”

Mr. Sirhan replied: “It’s a good question. Legally speaking, I’m not guilty of anything.”

Again, this was in 2016. He was 71 years old and had been incarcerated for 48 years. That he was, of course, denied parole, is easy to understand. And so my question is: What in the intervening five years has changed? We know that one or two laws have changed (as we’ve seen, they frequently do), maybe some attitudes have changed, and Mr. Sirhan is a few years older. For a dash of color, news reports consistently mention his snow white hair, as if somehow that indicates he’s no longer a threat.

But as last Friday’s parole hearing made clear, his suitability for release has not changed. According to Julie Watson, an Associated Press reporter present, Mr. Sirhan still maintains that he does not recall the killing and that “it pains me to experience that, the knowledge for such a horrible deed, if I did in fact do that.” If? How can you express remorse while refusing to accept responsibility? And how, having committed one of the most notorious assassinations of the latter part of the 20th century, can you be considered rehabilitated when you won’t even acknowledge your role in the crime itself?

Yet last week’s parole commissioner, Robert Barton, found a way. Although the official transcripts have not yet been released, he is reported as telling Mr. Sirhan, “We did not find that your lack of taking complete responsibility” for the shooting indicates that you are “currently dangerous.”

I know that prisons are overcrowded, and I realize that it is expensive to keep an older man behind bars. But without concern for justice or regard for rehabilitation, the parole panel of two has recommended that the man who killed my father be released. Free to live, perhaps, in Pasadena, Calif., with his brother, less than an hour’s drive from my home. Or, as is more likely, to go to Jordan, where he has citizenship.

It is true that Mr. Sirhan has been incarcerated for a long time. For 53 years, to be exact. That is, after all, an easy number for me to track. It is the same number of years that my father has been dead. It is the age that I turn on my birthday this year.

The decision to release Mr. Sirhan still has to be reviewed by the full parole board and then by California’s governor. I ask them, for my family — and I believe for our country, too — to please reject this recommendation and keep Sirhan Sirhan in prison.

Rory Kennedy is a documentary filmmaker. She is the youngest child of Robert Kennedy, the New York senator and presidential candidate assassinated in June 1968.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Fuck this world where a man can't scratch his itchy balls.

I messed up capturing the rest of the text prior to what I posted.  The guy was with some lady using a motorized cart, and kept repeatedly sticking his hands down his pants and then touching the OTHER merchandise.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

OK which one of you was this at the 290/Brodie Walmart?  

spacer.png

Elaine!  Who among us hasn't snuck into aisle 9 for some loving ballplay?  /jpederman

• 2 weeks later...