Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

16 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

"Hi Neighbors, I was walking dogs around the park today and noticed strange looking dough or bread balls placed all around the parameter of the park. They all looked the same and were saturated with something?! Very suspicious and my first thought was maybe the were bait or poison. I've contacted both non emergency police and parks and recreation."

Well, what was it?!?!?

16 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

"I had two separate encounters within minutes late this afternoon at the park with men who own aggressive dogs. The first man was merely an Entitled Jerk, while the second one was an Entitled AND Threat-Making Jerk. If you control your dog, great. If not, I'll be the "Crazy Bitch" (as I was so lovingly called today) who'll be taking photos/videos of those owners and their dogs and turning that info over to Animal Control. I'll also be calling Animal Control tomorrow to ask them to step up patrols of the park, and I'll be purchasing and carrying pepper spray or mace starting tomorrow just in case. I'll also be turning in the photos/video I took of Threatening Man and his license plate to the police."

Seems like "Crazy Bitch" is an accurate read on this woman. I don't like dogs off leash in the park either, but I ain't taking photos of them, license plates etc. She posts about once a week on this same topic. What a miserable life.

I assume the park is leash only? She does sound like a crazy bitch with nothing better to do, but nothing annoys me more than dogs off leashes who run up to you while you're trying to jog. Austin had a fair number of white trash and hipsters who would get mad when I asked them to not let their dogs run up to me at a full sprint to me when I'm in the god damn street.

16 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I assume the park is leash only? She does sound like a crazy bitch with nothing better to do, but nothing annoys me more than dogs off leashes who run up to you while you're trying to jog. Austin had a fair number of white trash and hipsters who would get mad when I asked them to not let their dogs run up to me at a full sprint to me when I'm in the god damn street.

My neighborhood has a couple of people like this. It is very strange. This one old lady "walks" her dog without a leash all the time. She lets it run like a block ahead of her. Granted, if she calls he comes hauling ass back, but still I think it's strange. Her dog is sweet but has come running up my driveway...I think he's lost...then here comes that old broad.

And every time she talks to anyone, the first thing she does is brags on the fact that he's so well trained he doesn't "need a leash". It's like they are just strutting around the neighborhood showing off and scoreboarding all those lesser-developed dog owners who need to keep their dog on a leash.

I don't get it. That's a strange thing to decide to be so proud of.

I'll let y'all have fun with this one.......This is clearly the "burning" issue of the day in suburbia....Won't someone think of the children! :o

Fiber Optic Install Crew- Worker urinating on the side of a house

This morning around 9:30 I witnessed one of the workers with the fiber optic installation crew urinating on the side of house on               Lane. I turned around and drove back to the location where his truck was parked to get his license plate no. but he drove off in his white dually truck. I called the club house to let them know and suggested they have our neighborhood patrol talk to the company foreman overseeing the project. I just wanted to make everyone aware as this person is walking through our yards and no telling what else he is capable of.

I...I'm speechless. So, are you saying because he had to go and he probably felt he was out of view and no one could see him, that peeing on the side of a house means he's capable of...what...breaking into the house or stealing your lawn chairs? That is a BIG step to take. Wow. And, so far as I know, urine doesn't cause any damage to a house and, heck, his was probably a fraction of the urine the house has seen from dogs, cats, rats, and any number of other animals running around. While I agree that it's a little uncouth, it's clear you haven't ever worked a long outside job where there's no access to proper facilities and thus you do what you have to do. I will bet you 95% of men you ask have done the same thing many, many times. Heck, it's the primary reason construction workers are 99.9% men - because that's exactly what they do. It's a capability that women don't have. Now, if you said he was taking a crap, I'd be right there with you, but taking a pee, at least to me, doesn't warrant a rant on ND. Just my 2¢.

We should send him to Doug’s house next time he has to take a leak.
 Thank
7 Thanks

This is clearly going to be an issue that women just aren't going to understand. As I said, that's why y'all aren't (generally) in construction or outdoor jobs that require lengthy times away from bathrooms. The only thing I'm surprised about, so far, is the number of women that don't already know this from their boyfriends/husbands. As your significant others about this and see what they say.
 Thank
2 Thanks

I wonder if all of the kids and their parents walking home from FCE would understand as he was clearly visible on the path home.
 Thank
1 Thank

Well, I could answer that by saying that, at least so far, you're the only one who complained...if anyone else even saw him. Everybody else that may have saw him probably just went "Sigh...men" and went along their way without giving it a second thought.
 Thank
3 Thanks

there is a mute option on this site - thank goodness
 Thank

Doug - your sexist comments aside, I don't know why you're so surprised that someone would have a problem with a stranger peeing on the side of a house that isn't theirs. Besides the fact that it's rude, it's kind of stupid. If the man was visible from the street that seems to tread too closely to public urination, and if a child had been nearby, indecent exposure. It's one thing to pee in your own backyard where no one can see you, and another to pee on someone else's property while visible from a public street.
 Thank
2 Thanks

I wasn't being sexist in any way. Heck, I showed my wife this thread and even she was stunned at the responses from women who clearly don't understand the trade...or what men do. I don't know why I tried to talk sense into anyone - I should have just stayed out of it. As I said, it's uncouth. However, if I saw a worker I hired doing that in my yard, while I wouldn't be thrilled with it, it is what it is. Been there done that many times in my life as have 99% of men you ask. Most of the time I'm sure we all try to hold it until we can get to a bathroom but sometimes, when you're out in the field, there comes a time when that's not an option and you do your best to hide it. As for your legal arguments, it would not be "public" urination if it was on private property and it wouldn't be indecent exposure if it was done without any intent of said exposure. One single person happen to drive by, then actually backed up to confirm what she saw. Obviously, no one else saw it and I'm sure he had no intention of anyone seeing him. Just bad timing on his part and somehow this has blown up into an "oh my God I wonder what else he's capable of doing - we should call the cops and have him arrested!" It's beyond me why anyone made a big deal out of it. But, whatever...mute me for trying to explain. That's the way of the internet these days - if someone had a different opinion or try's to explain and you don't get it, freak out and unfriend/block/mute them.

I’m with Doug on this. I prefer not to see it, however I’d also prefer for them to pee somewhere outside instead of knocking on my door to use the bathroom. If they don’t have temporary portables set up, what are they supposed to do? I’m a woman and I get it!
 Thank
6 Thanks

There are restrooms in the clubhouse, subway, gas station, etc..He has a truck. Drive to the restroom and do your business. Whipping it out and urinating on someone’s house in front of the window is unacceptable. We can add your address as a safe spot too. Just forewarnn your children, spouse and neighbors that you asked for this.
 Thank
4 Thanks

I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread since it's very clear some people don't know how to get along with others.
 Thank
2 Thanks

Actually, Shannon, I don’t think you do get it! We don’t live in the middle of thousands of acres without services. The Exxon, the CVS, Walgreens — all of these businesses have facilities. There is NO EXCUSE for public urination. I’m flabbergasted at all of you who are excusing this!!
 Thank
3 Thanks

It's like someone found the elusive bigfoot. One person happened to catch a guy in the act, despite it happening a hundred times a day right under your noses, and all heck breaks loose. That's what I'm flabbergasted about. No one's excusing it - we're just smart enough to realize it happens all the time and thankfully it's VERY rare that anyone sees it. Y'all really need to talk to your significant others (and ask them to tell the truth). Then again, I guess there's some people here that even I wouldn't tell the truth to because I'm not sure I'd ever hear the end of it. No wonder men have to lie....errr...stretch the truth so much.
 Thank
1 Thank

Yes let us all run to our husbands to tell us how it is. We "understand" how it is, we just don't agree. Having a different opinion doesn't make us wrong or ignorant, it just means we have a different opinion.
 Thank
4 Thanks

Lindsey, I have no problems with anyone disagreeing. But, threatening to put out flyers with addresses or letting people know what's a "safe house" is beyond ridiculous and completely over the top. In fact, it's borderline disgusting behavior, though not unexpected on the internet. You can disagree and make it clear you disagree. I can say I don't like it but it doesn't surprise me in the least. We're cool. There are several of these responses that take disagreeing, though, way too far. I find it humorous no other guy has actually posted on here (though quite a few have PM'd me to let me know they're laughing). Apparently I was the only one stupid enough to open this can of worms. I'll bow out now and let you girls have your fun. Good luck getting the guy arrested or shamed or something. I'm honestly surprised the OP didn't whip out a cell phone and take a picture of him whipping it out given they actually stopped and drove back to check it out. Seems like a waste of effort. Take a picture next time so we can have the guy arrested. Peace out.
 Thank
2 Thanks

Should these guys be peeing on houses, absolutely not. Agree with Amanda that there are other places up the road they can take a break. The club house recommendation is right on to try and contact the foreman about it.. because it is near a school there is a more likelihood that he/she may listen IF approached correctly. You are fighting a trade and a good % of the male population, and shouting into the wind as they ignore us. HOWEVER, the next door watching (as many sit back and watch the show) that is provided in multiple posts is overboard and not respectful towards the opinions of others. @Amanda for yelling at Shannon for her opinion " I don’t think you do get it! " now that's the way to argue for respect, @Shannon, kudos for jumping in with your opinion on this heated string of attacks. @Gina your threat is obviously emotionally driven without much thought to it and I do not appreciate your flyer "plan" regardless of your feelings towards Doug's posts. Maybe this stirs up another round of "debate", but here's hoping Next Door chatter can be more productive next time.. sorry to those of you following along for enjoyment only here :-)  (FYI...this is the wife of the male "stirring the pot")
Edited by PencilPusher
changed names to protect the innocent

"Does anyone know what those large green things are that are falling from the trees in the park. Looks like the HOA needs to focus on that hazard before sending out notices about a garbage pail that wasn't put in the back or garage immediately after the garbage came. These falling things are hazardous and the HOA needs to do something about them before someone gets hit with one and seriously injured."

They are horse apple trees. They aren't that close to any of the walking paths either.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Last summer people on my Nextdoor were losing their shit over the fucking ice cream truck, worrying that it might be a cover for someone casing the neighborhood. Jfc

You could always clue them in on the words to the real song and see how they react.  That neighborhood may never see an ice cream truck again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

I'll let y'all have fun with this one.......This is clearly the "burning" issue of the day in suburbia....Won't someone think of the children! :o

This morning around 9:30 I witnessed one of the workers with the fiber optic installation crew urinating on the side of house on               Lane. I turned around and drove back to the location where his truck was parked to get his license plate no. but he drove off in his white dually truck. I called the club house to let them know and suggested they have our neighborhood patrol talk to the company foreman overseeing the project. I just wanted to make everyone aware as this person is walking through our yards and no telling what else he is capable of.

I...I'm speechless. So, are you saying because he had to go and he probably felt he was out of view and no one could see him, that peeing on the side of a house means he's capable of...what...breaking into the house or stealing your lawn chairs? That is a BIG step to take. Wow. And, so far as I know, urine doesn't cause any damage to a house and, heck, his was probably a fraction of the urine the house has seen from dogs, cats, rats, and any number of other animals running around. While I agree that it's a little uncouth, it's clear you haven't ever worked a long outside job where there's no access to proper facilities and thus you do what you have to do. I will bet you 95% of men you ask have done the same thing many, many times. Heck, it's the primary reason construction workers are 99.9% men - because that's exactly what they do. It's a capability that women don't have. Now, if you said he was taking a crap, I'd be right there with you, but taking a pee, at least to me, doesn't warrant a rant on ND. Just my 2¢.

Thank
7 Thanks

This is clearly going to be an issue that women just aren't going to understand. As I said, that's why y'all aren't (generally) in construction or outdoor jobs that require lengthy times away from bathrooms. The only thing I'm surprised about, so far, is the number of women that don't already know this from their boyfriends/husbands. As your significant others about this and see what they say.
 Thank
2 Thanks

I wonder if all of the kids and their parents walking home from FCE would understand as he was clearly visible on the path home.
 Thank
1 Thank

Well, I could answer that by saying that, at least so far, you're the only one who complained...if anyone else even saw him. Everybody else that may have saw him probably just went "Sigh...men" and went along their way without giving it a second thought.
 Thank
3 Thanks

Thank

Doug - your sexist comments aside, I don't know why you're so surprised that someone would have a problem with a stranger peeing on the side of a house that isn't theirs. Besides the fact that it's rude, it's kind of stupid. If the man was visible from the street that seems to tread too closely to public urination, and if a child had been nearby, indecent exposure. It's one thing to pee in your own backyard where no one can see you, and another to pee on someone else's property while visible from a public street.
 Thank
2 Thanks

I wasn't being sexist in any way. Heck, I showed my wife this thread and even she was stunned at the responses from women who clearly don't understand the trade...or what men do. I don't know why I tried to talk sense into anyone - I should have just stayed out of it. As I said, it's uncouth. However, if I saw a worker I hired doing that in my yard, while I wouldn't be thrilled with it, it is what it is. Been there done that many times in my life as have 99% of men you ask. Most of the time I'm sure we all try to hold it until we can get to a bathroom but sometimes, when you're out in the field, there comes a time when that's not an option and you do your best to hide it. As for your legal arguments, it would not be "public" urination if it was on private property and it wouldn't be indecent exposure if it was done without any intent of said exposure. One single person happen to drive by, then actually backed up to confirm what she saw. Obviously, no one else saw it and I'm sure he had no intention of anyone seeing him. Just bad timing on his part and somehow this has blown up into an "oh my God I wonder what else he's capable of doing - we should call the cops and have him arrested!" It's beyond me why anyone made a big deal out of it. But, whatever...mute me for trying to explain. That's the way of the internet these days - if someone had a different opinion or try's to explain and you don't get it, freak out and unfriend/block/mute them.

I’m with Doug on this. I prefer not to see it, however I’d also prefer for them to pee somewhere outside instead of knocking on my door to use the bathroom. If they don’t have temporary portables set up, what are they supposed to do? I’m a woman and I get it!
 Thank
6 Thanks

There are restrooms in the clubhouse, subway, gas station, etc..He has a truck. Drive to the restroom and do your business. Whipping it out and urinating on someone’s house in front of the window is unacceptable. We can add your address as a safe spot too. Just forewarnn your children, spouse and neighbors that you asked for this.
 Thank
4 Thanks

I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread since it's very clear some people don't know how to get along with others.
 Thank
2 Thanks

Actually, Shannon, I don’t think you do get it! We don’t live in the middle of thousands of acres without services. The Exxon, the CVS, Walgreens — all of these businesses have facilities. There is NO EXCUSE for public urination. I’m flabbergasted at all of you who are excusing this!!
 Thank
3 Thanks

It's like someone found the elusive bigfoot. One person happened to catch a guy in the act, despite it happening a hundred times a day right under your noses, and all heck breaks loose. That's what I'm flabbergasted about. No one's excusing it - we're just smart enough to realize it happens all the time and thankfully it's VERY rare that anyone sees it. Y'all really need to talk to your significant others (and ask them to tell the truth). Then again, I guess there's some people here that even I wouldn't tell the truth to because I'm not sure I'd ever hear the end of it. No wonder men have to lie....errr...stretch the truth so much.
 Thank
1 Thank

Yes let us all run to our husbands to tell us how it is. We "understand" how it is, we just don't agree. Having a different opinion doesn't make us wrong or ignorant, it just means we have a different opinion.
 Thank
4 Thanks

Lindsey, I have no problems with anyone disagreeing. But, threatening to put out flyers with addresses or letting people know what's a "safe house" is beyond ridiculous and completely over the top. In fact, it's borderline disgusting behavior, though not unexpected on the internet. You can disagree and make it clear you disagree. I can say I don't like it but it doesn't surprise me in the least. We're cool. There are several of these responses that take disagreeing, though, way too far. I find it humorous no other guy has actually posted on here (though quite a few have PM'd me to let me know they're laughing). Apparently I was the only one stupid enough to open this can of worms. I'll bow out now and let you girls have your fun. Good luck getting the guy arrested or shamed or something. I'm honestly surprised the OP didn't whip out a cell phone and take a picture of him whipping it out given they actually stopped and drove back to check it out. Seems like a waste of effort. Take a picture next time so we can have the guy arrested. Peace out.
 Thank
2 Thanks

Should these guys be peeing on houses, absolutely not. Agree with Amanda that there are other places up the road they can take a break. The club house recommendation is right on to try and contact the foreman about it.. because it is near a school there is a more likelihood that he/she may listen IF approached correctly. You are fighting a trade and a good % of the male population, and shouting into the wind as they ignore us. HOWEVER, the next door watching (as many sit back and watch the show) that is provided in multiple posts is overboard and not respectful towards the opinions of others. @Amanda for yelling at Shannon for her opinion " I don’t think you do get it! " now that's the way to argue for respect, @Shannon, kudos for jumping in with your opinion on this heated string of attacks. @Gina your threat is obviously emotionally driven without much thought to it and I do not appreciate your flyer "plan" regardless of your feelings towards Doug's posts. Maybe this stirs up another round of "debate", but here's hoping Next Door chatter can be more productive next time.. sorry to those of you following along for enjoyment only here :-)  (FYI...this is the wife of the male "stirring the pot")

tenor.gif?itemid=6282557

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

Thank
7 Thanks

Thank
2 Thanks

Thank
1 Thank

Thank
3 Thanks

Thank

Thank
2 Thanks

Thank
6 Thanks

Thank
4 Thanks

Thank
2 Thanks

Thank
3 Thanks

Thank
1 Thank

Thank
4 Thanks

Thank
2 Thanks

Good grief.  I am so glad that I don't live in a neighborhood anymore.  I can't even begin to estimate how many times I have pissed in my FRONT yard.

We actually started our boys on potty training by letting them piss outside.  It made it fun for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Screw David Litwin and other people that let their cats roam around the neighborhood. #teamjerieburke

I can't add anymore reactions today. Just know I HATE this😾

#teamdavid

Edited by Jade
  • Like 1

STRUGGLING SQUIRREL!!

There is a poor squirrel that was hit by a car, but is still alive on Monarch by Marsh. It’s in the middle of the street and I’m unable to help it since I have my dogs with me and I have no earthly idea what to do. The most humane thing to do may be to put it out of its misery, but I just don’t have the stomach for that.

I'm sorry, but i'm pretty sure it passed or another car hit it, because when I drove by there were 2 vultures in the street.

For some reason the "STRUGGLING SQUIRREL" part got me.

22 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

"Hi Neighbors, I was walking dogs around the park today and noticed strange looking dough or bread balls placed all around the parameter of the park. They all looked the same and were saturated with something?! Very suspicious and my first thought was maybe the were bait or poison. I've contacted both non emergency police and parks and recreation."

I'm still trying to figure out what a park parameter is.  Anyone?

• Like 1

Then there are the people trying to sell worthless shit for way more than it's worth.

$60 each:

48fbb54572b9ccc651ff15cafac81ed1.JPG.max

$60 for this piece of shit desk:

50cf5a1c74adb17c33ada18039a36a68.JPG.max

$125 for this "cool rug"

86a2d4aefdc4fbfe2de1a962e0360777.jpg.max

And I shit you not, $600 for this bed:

a8bc188db1bb432f81cb0b606191caba.jpg.max

Too bad you can't comment on "for sale" shit.

7 hours ago, TornACL said:

My neighborhood has a couple of people like this. It is very strange. This one old lady "walks" her dog without a leash all the time. She lets it run like a block ahead of her. Granted, if she calls he comes hauling ass back, but still I think it's strange. Her dog is sweet but has come running up my driveway...I think he's lost...then here comes that old broad.

And every time she talks to anyone, the first thing she does is brags on the fact that he's so well trained he doesn't "need a leash". It's like they are just strutting around the neighborhood showing off and scoreboarding all those lesser-developed dog owners who need to keep their dog on a leash.

I don't get it. That's a strange thing to decide to be so proud of.

There is one of those in my neighborhood.  One morning while I was taking out my garbage, his "well behaved" dog ran past me and into my house.

those are lucite chromcraft chairs that are missing the cushions... .find 2 more of similar quality and you're halfway to a $2000 retail set.....

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/tables/dining-room-sets/chromcraft-amber-lucite-tulip-chairs-table-set/id-f_10148423/?utm_content=control&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgbb5-Pe12gIVDZNpCh0HIA3JEAQYAiABEgKqtvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I live on the Left Coast, and there's a whole discussion about new cell towers proposed in our 'hood. I could close the thread with this shit, but I don't have the desire to dredge it up. Some truly amazing tinfoil hat stuff, which is more remarkable as I'm not in a 'reformed hippy' area, more like 'limousine liberal'. Amazing, I say.