Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Yeah we need something about a snake on there. 

You could make bingo card on snakes alone:

Is it poisonous.

Venomous not poisonous.

It's a rat snake.

Don't kill it.

Could be a juvenile rattlesnake.

Look at the shape of its head.

It's so beautiful.

Only good snake is a dead snake.

They were here first.

Here's a link to random pictures of snakes.

Jack's red touched something yellow or something like that.

. . .

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

You could make bingo card on snakes alone:

Is it poisonous.

Venomous not poisonous.

It's a rat snake.

Don't kill it.

Could be a juvenile rattlesnake.

Look at the shape of its head.

It's so beautiful.

Only good snake is a dead snake.

They were here first.

Here's a link to random pictures of snakes.

Jack's red touched something yellow or something like that.

. . .

And a separate card for spiders.

Lady:  Anyone know what happened at Applebee's they were closed at 4pm with police tape around the building and cops/ambalamps everywhere.  I'm just being nosey. 

95% of the replies: Why don't you call up there and find out.

Lady:  Yall don't have to be mean, I'm just trying to be nosey. 

---

Lady: Friend is flying into Houston.  Any good breakfast spots around Bush? 

Old (white?) guy:  Take them to Cracker Barrel.  My wife and I love that place.  It's the best in Houston!

10 hours ago, retsevlys said:

Why did he need his headphones to secure some things around his house?

edit:

And if he had his headphones after he got out of his truck, why were they in the truck?

No, he needed earmuffs to secure things around the house. 

10 hours ago, retsevlys said:

Why did he need his headphones to secure some things around his house?

edit:

And if he had his headphones after he got out of his truck, why were they in the truck?

18 minutes ago, Deej said:

No, he needed earmuffs to secure things around the house. 

b4f7f325-7887-4b3d-a9aa-25425bc17196_scr

Like his baseballs. 

I’m only on page 6 but this is my favorite new thread.  I had no idea nextdoor even existed - city condo living and all.  

I’m frightened/amazed by how stupid people are - I thought that was impossible these days but the bar always drops lower.  

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m only on page 6 but this is my favorite new thread.  I had no idea nextdoor even existed - city condo living and all.  

I’m frightened/amazed by how stupid people are - I thought that was impossible these days but the bar always drops lower.  

@ bestofnextdoor is a great twitter follow as well. 

4583e7f60b5a0804381692e618b04568.jpg
  • Like 3

There's a crazy lady in my neighborhood who collects whatever she thinks she can sell and sets up in her driveway every day with other people's trash on tables, trying to sell it. Apparently, she was robbed, because she posted signs all around the neighborhood stating everyone needs to install security cameras, and those that don't are encouraging theft. 

I almost want to buy her a computer and an internet connection, and set her up on Nextdoor just for the lulz.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, Deej said:

"Unfortunately, my door was unlocked."

b1f1eb633063404bb7ebddb70ecf409b.jpg

Burgaled.

We used to get reports about "car was robbed."  Like the owner was robbed at gunpoint and staring straight into the face of death.  In fact, the door was unlocked.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

When you get a moment there's something I need to tell you.  It has to do with the White House.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

When you get a moment there's something I need to tell you.  It has to do with the White House.

Lol. That’s the thing.  That Is what convinced me people are fucking dipshits.  But nextdoor manages to take that bar even lower.  Consider my mind bottled.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...

This was just posted on Nextdoor for my neighborhood

Harsh & Polluting/Environmentally Harmful Outdoor Lights

We moved to the Meadows of Brushy Creek about a year ago and love the neighborhood and community! The one thing that I’ve noticed that’s unfortunate is the proliferation of harsh white/bluish outdoor light bulbs. These are the bulbs that have a similar light color to the bluish vehicle headlights you sometimes see on higher end vehicles. These lights produce a color that is higher on the Kelvin scale and closer to sunlight.

The issues with them are: 1) Contribute to night/dark sky pollution and make it harder and harder to see the stars and night sky 2) Are harmful to wildlife as the daylight color affects their circadian rhythms and migratory patterns 3) Provide a harsh light that many find aesthetically unpleasing (the reason why florescent lighting is largely limited to office, industrial, and retail space) I suspect that many people that have these may not even be aware of what they have.

When incandescent bulbs were largely replaced by CFLs and LED bulbs, manufacturers started selling bulbs across the Kelvin spectrum. It’s easy to pick up a box of bulbs at Home Depot and not even realize they have a harsh light color/temperature. The ideal bulb color/temperature in a residential setting is 2700k or less. Anything over 3000k will contribute to the issues described above.

Obviously this is ultimately each owner’s decision for their property. It would be awesome if we would all contribute to a dark-sky friendly, wildlife friendly, and warm and welcoming nighttime neighborhood!

Edited by Armybrat

Pedestrian hit and killed by a cement truck on Shepherd yesterday.

Someone speculated that it was because the person's mom was making them move out of the house and they committed suicide this way.

Even if true, that's quite the matzo ball to lob out there on NextDoor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

These lights produce a color that is higher on the Kelvin scale and closer to sunlight.

Respond: Kelvin is a measurement of temperature, not color fuckwad. In fact, the Kelvin scale is usually associated with LOW temperature measurements so what is your fucking point?

• Like 3

Someone speculated that it was because the person's mom was making them move out of the house and they committed suicide this way.

Do you have a link? That’s right over in my wheelhouse.

1 hour ago, huge said:

He wanted to cement his memories into the minds of all around him?  

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

This was just posted on Nextdoor for my neighborhood

You should respond and agree wholeheartedly with the person. Tell them that you are a canine biologist and part of your area of expertise is to monitor migratory patterns of wild canines. Mention that these types of lights specifically have been driving out the wild canine population, and that more natural light encourages wildlife to thrive in all environments, creating a more natural ecosystem. Then crack a beer and wait. 

• Like 2